BankSA No Annual Fee Card
Save on purchases with 0% interest rate for 12 months and no annual fee with BankSA No Annual Fee credit card.
The BankSA No Annual Fee Card is a no-frills Visa card suited to people who want to pay off existing debt and save on credit card costs with a $0 annual fee.
When you apply by 24 February 2022, you can take advantage of an interest-free purchase rate offer for the first 12 months. Plus, you can apply for credit limits starting from $500 up to $40,000.
for the first 12 months (reverts to 20.74% p.a.)
Interest free period
|Product Name||BankSA No Annual Fee|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||0% p.a. for 12 months, reverts to 20.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$40,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- $0 annual fee for the life of the card
- Purchase rate offer of 0% p.a. for 12 months
- Request up to 3 additional cardholders at no extra cost
- Purchase offer reverts to a high 20.74% p.a. variable purchase rate
- The interest rate of 21.49% p.a. on cash advances is also high
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply for the BankSA No Annual Fee credit card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents to complete the application:
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Balance transfer debt. BankSA allows you to transfer from $200 up to 80% of your approved credit limit from up to 3 non-BankSA, Bank of Melbourne or St.George Australian-issued credit, charge or store cards.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact details, marital status and number of financial independents.
- Proof of identification. You'll be asked to verify your identity with an Australian driver's licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Income and employment. Confirm your annual income with recent payslips. You'll also need to include your current place of employment and your employer's contact details.
- Finances. List any assets, such as investments or savings and any liabilities like existing debt.
- Balance transfer details. If you are transferring a balance you will need to provide the details of that account(s).
- No annual fee. This card charges a $0 p.a. annual fee.
- 0% purchase offer. When you apply by 24 February 2022, you can save with 0% p.a. on purchases for the first 12 months. At the end of the promotional period, the rate will revert to 20.74% p.a.
- Flexible credit limits. You can keep your spending in check with a credit limit as low as $500 and it can be as high as $40,000.
- Additional cards. You can request up to 3 extra cards for the account. Additional cardholders must be at least 16 years old and the primary account holder is liable for any transactions made with the extra cards.
- Balance transfer offer. Save on interest costs when paying off existing debt with balance transfer offer for up to months with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate.
- Mobile payment technology. Make contactless payments with your eligible phone or device by adding this credit card to your Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Purchase interest rate. Outside of any promotions, your purchases will attract the 20.74% p.a. purchase interest rate.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Cash advances. If you use your card for ATM withdrawals and other cash advances, you'll attract the 21.49% p.a. interest rate. You'll also be charged a fee of 3% of each cash advance amount.
- Foreign transaction fee. When you use your card to shop overseas or online with an international merchant, you'll be charged a 3% foreign transaction fee.