BankSA No Annual Fee Card
Get existing debt under control with 0% on balance transfers for 12 months and no annual fee with BankSA No Annual Fee credit card.
The BankSA No Annual Fee Card is a no-frills Visa card suited to people who want to pay off existing debt and save on credit card costs with a $0 annual fee.
When you apply by 09 February 2021, you can take advantage of an interest-free balance transfer offer for the first 12 months, with a 1% balance transfer fee. Plus, you can apply for credit limits starting from $500 up to $40,000.
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months with 1% balance transfer fee
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||BankSA No Annual Fee|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 12 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||20.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$40,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- $0 annual fee for the life of the card
- Balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 12 months
- Request up to 3 additional cardholders at no extra cost
- There are high interest rates of 20.74% p.a. on purchases and 21.49% p.a. on cash advances
- A one-time 1% balance transfer fee applies
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply for the BankSA No Annual Fee credit card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents to complete the application:
- Balance transfer debt. If you want to take advantage of a balance transfer promotion, BankSA allows you to transfer from $200 up to 80% of your approved credit limit from up to 3 non-BankSA, Bank of Melbourne or St.George Australian-issued credit, charge or store cards.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact details, marital status and number of financial independents.
- Proof of identification. You'll be asked to verify your identity with an Australian driver's licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Income and employment. Confirm your annual income with recent payslips. You'll also need to include your current place of employment and your employer's contact details.
- Finances. List any assets, such as investments or savings and any liabilities like existing debt.
- Balance transfer details. If you are transferring a balance you will need to provide the details of that account(s).
- No annual fee. This card charges a $0 p.a. annual fee.
- 0% balance transfer offer. When you apply by 09 February 2021, you can repay existing debt and pay no interest with 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months, with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. At the end of the promotional period, any remaining debt will attract the 21.49% p.a. cash advance rate.
- Flexible credit limits. You can keep your spending in check with a credit limit as low as $500 and it can be as high as $40,000.
- Additional cards. You can request up to 3 extra cards for the account. Additional cardholders must be at least 16 years old and the primary account holder is liable for any transactions made with the extra cards.
- Mobile payment technology. Make contactless payments with your eligible phone or device by adding this credit card to your Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Purchase interest rate. Your purchases will attract the 20.74% p.a. purchase interest rate.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Cash advances. If you use your card for ATM withdrawals and other cash advances, you'll attract the 21.49% p.a. interest rate. You'll also be charged a fee of 2% or $2.50 (whichever is greater, capped at $150 per transaction).
- Foreign transaction fee. When you use your card to shop overseas or online with an international merchant, you'll be charged a 3% foreign transaction fee.