Enjoy a bonus 75,000 Qantas Points and $200 back on your card after your first eligible purchase.
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black offers premium travel benefits suited to people who pay on plastic, including Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases, complimentary travel insurance and airport lounge access. If you’re a new cardholder, you can collect a bonus 75,000 Qantas Points and $200 back onto your card after you make an eligible purchase within 3 months of card approval.
|Product Name||ANZ Frequent Flyer Black|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$425 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$425 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the transaction amount or $4.00 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the transaction amount or $4.00 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$65|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
- Receive 75,000 bonus Qantas Points and $200 back to your ANZ Frequent Flyer Black when you make one eligible purchase within the first 3 months.
- Earn up to 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
- Two complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations every year.
- The standard annual fee of $425 is relatively high.
- You need to earn a minimum income of $75,000 p.a. to be able to apply for this card.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||75,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black
- Bonus Qantas Points. Apply for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black and make at least one eligible purchase within 3 months of card approval to earn a bonus 75,000 Qantas Points as a new cardholder.
- Cashback offer. You'll get $200 back to your new ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card when you make at least one eligible purchase within the first 3 months.
- Earn Qantas Points as you spend. Collect 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $7,500 per statement period, then 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $7,500 per statement period.
- Qantas Club benefits. You can look forward to two complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations every year you have this card. Plus, if you use your ANZ Frequent Flyer Black Card to pay for Qantas Club membership, you can save up to $475 in the first year.
- Véloce airport lounge access. This card offers unlimited complimentary access to airport lounges around the world through the Véloce Lounges service. Simply present your ANZ Frequent Flyer Black Card and a valid boarding pass in your name at the participating lounge to gain access. Guests travelling with you may also be provided access at the operator's discretion, although additional fees may apply.
- Complimentary insurance covers. When you use your card to make travel bookings, you can get transport accident cover, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, overseas travel and medical insurance and rental excess cover. This card also offers cover for purchases made with your card, offering 90-day purchase security insurance, extended warranty coverage and a best price guarantee scheme.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay let you use your Apple, Android or Samsung device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card.
Features of the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black
Check these details out before you get started with your application for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black.
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $425, of which $370 is an annual account fee and $55 goes towards a rewards program services fee.
- Interest rates. The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black has a standard variable purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. and a standard variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a.
- Interest-free days. You can make use of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases, provided you pay the account’s closing balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Overseas transaction fee. A fee worth 3% of the total transaction amount applies for overseas purchases. This fee may also apply for online transactions made with an international retailer (or processed overseas).
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 9 additional cards linked to your primary account. There is an additional card fee of $65 p.a. per card.
- Visa features. Gain access to exclusive offers through the Visa Entertainment and Visa Premium services.
How to apply for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black Card
Applying for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black online takes around 5 minutes, and you could get a response within 60 seconds. But before you apply, make sure that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residential status. You must be an Australian citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a non-Australian permanent resident with more than 9 months remaining on your Visa.
- Minimum income. You must earn a taxable income of more than $75,000 p.a.
Required documents and information
Before you begin with the application make sure you have the following handy so you don’t end up submitting an incomplete application:
- Your complete name, residential address, phone number, and email address
- Your marital status and number of dependents
- Your Australian driver’s license number, if you have one
- Your employer’s name and contact details
- Details about your income, assets, expenses, and liabilities
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black Card offers you extra benefits when you travel and gives you a way to boost your Qantas Frequent Flyer Points balance. As this card is not the only Qantas Frequent Flyer option on the market, make sure you compare a range of other cards so you can apply for one that suits your budget and your needs.