ANZ Frequent Flyer Black Credit Card
Offers up to 130,000 bonus Qantas Points and $255 back on your card. Just make sure you'll get enough value for the $425 annual fee.
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black is a premium credit card designed for people who spend a lot on plastic and travel with Qantas. It offers travel perks and rewards including a massive bonus Qantas Points offer, complimentary travel insurance covers and airport lounge invitations. At the cost of the $425 annual fee, you'll want to make sure you get enough value beyond the bonus points if you plan to keep the card.
If you’re a new cardholder, you’ll get 100,000 bonus Qantas Points and $255 back onto your card when you apply, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months. You’ll receive the other 30,000 bonus points when you keep your account open for over 12 months.
Per $ spent
|Product Name||ANZ Frequent Flyer Black|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||21.24%|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.24% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||20.24%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- Up to 130,000 bonus Qantas Points and $255 back
- Complimentary insurance covers, including international travel insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty insurance
- 2 complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations per year
- Cashback offers when you shop through Cashrewards Max
- You need to keep the card over 12 months to collect all the bonus points offered
- The standard annual fee of $425 is high
- When you spend over $7,500 per statement period, the earn rate drops from 1 point/$1 spent to 0.5 points/$1 spent
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$65|
|Number of additional cardholders||9|
Amy has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 700 articles as a senior writer for Finder. She is also the editorial lead for Finder Green, covering sustainability across different industries. Her work has appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy also has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
When you meet the same spend requirement for the bonus points, you'll also get $255 back onto your card, helping to offset the $425 annual fee. However, unlike the annual fee, the cashback is a one-time offer.
How to applyYou can apply for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card in around 5 minutes and expect a response within 60 seconds. Before you apply, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary details to complete the application.
- New cardholder. The bonus points and cashback offer is only available to new ANZ Frequent Flyer customers who haven't opened or closed another ANZ Frequent Flyer account within the previous 12 months.
- Residency requirement. Citizens and permanent residents of Australia are eligible to apply. If you are a non-Australian permanent resident, you must have an eligible working or business visa with at least 9 months remaining.
- Age. You must be 18 years or older.
- Credit rating. To apply for this black-tier product, you must have a good credit rating. You can get your credit score and comprehensive credit report for free through Finder.
- Personal details. Your complete name, residential address, phone number and email address as well as your marital status and number of dependents.
- Proof of identification. Such as your Australian driver's licence or foreign tax number if you're a tax resident in another country.
- Finances. This includes your income, expenses, assets and liabilities. You'll need to prove your income with two recent payslips.
- Employment. Confirm your employment and provide your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you can include your accountant's details.
- QFF number. Include your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number so your points can be debited to your account. If you are not yet a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, you can join for free during the application.
- $255 back. You'll get $255 back to your new ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card when you apply, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months.
- Bonus Qantas Points. Apply for a new ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card, get approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months from approval to earn a bonus 100,000 Qantas Points. The bonus points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 3 months of meeting the spend requirement. The remaining 30,000 bonus points will be added to your account if you keep it open for over 12 months. This means you need to pay the annual fee for the second year to collect these points.
- Earn Qantas Points as you spend. Collect 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $7,500 per statement period, then 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $7,500 per statement period, uncapped. You can also earn 1 additional point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services.
- Qantas Club Lounge invitations and benefits. Relax in luxury pre-flight with two complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations every year you have this card. Plus, if you use your ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card to pay for your Qantas Club membership (separate from your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership), you can save up to $256 in the first year.
- Cashrewards Max. This complimentary program gives you a way to earn cashback when you shop with over 1,700 brands including Apple, THE ICONIC, Uniqlo and Uber Eats. To get started, create a free Cashrewards account, then link your ANZ credit card to unlock the Cashrewards Max benefits. This includes bigger cashback offers and exclusive deals, such as $20 back when you spend $20 or more through Cashrewards within 7 days of signing up. Once you’re a member, you’ll get cashback when you shop in-store or online with participating brands. The cashback is added to your Cashrewards account and you can transfer it to your bank account or PayPal once you’ve collected at least $10.01 cashback. Learn more about this ANZ Cashrewards partnership that launched in 2021.
- Complimentary insurance covers. The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card gives you access to travel and shopping insurance covers, including international travel insurance, domestic travel insurance, rental vehicle excess in Australia insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty insurance. The eligibility criteria include making eligible spend with your ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card.
- Concierge service. You can contact your personal concierge service 24 hours a day to help you with anything from hotel accommodation, travel recommendations or organising a gift for a loved one.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay let you use your Apple, Android or Samsung device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card. You can also pay with your eligible fitness tracker thanks to Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
- ANZ Exclusives. ANZ black cardholders get access to invitation-only lifestyle, dining and entertainment experiences. Past events have included dinners, weekends away, sporting events and wine tastings.
- Visa features. Access exclusive travel, entertainment and leisure offers through Visa Offers + Perks.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $425, of which $370 is an annual account fee and $55 goes towards a rewards program services fee.
- Interest rates. The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black charges a variable purchase rate of 20.24% p.a. and a variable cash advance rate of 21.24% p.a.
- Interest-free days. You can make use of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases, provided you pay the account's closing balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Overseas transaction fee. A fee of 3% of the total transaction amount applies to overseas purchases. This fee may also apply for online transactions made with an international retailer online (or processed overseas).
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 9 additional cards linked to your primary account. Each additional card charges a $65 annual fee.