The AMP Cash Manager is a flexible high interest savings account that gives you complete control over your balance as it grows in value. There are multiple ways to access your cash, including a worldwide accepted Visa debit card. This allows you to use your money as you see fit, or not at all and let it earn more by itself.
This is a transaction account that also earns a competitive interest rate.
What are the features of the AMP Cash Manager?
The features of the Cash Manager combine the best of a savings account with a fully functional transaction account. When making comparison with other Australian financial institutions, make sure that you’re keeping that in mind:
$0 Account keeping fee if you deposit $2,000 per month
There is a $6 monthly fee for this account that is waived every month that you make at least $2,000 in deposits.
Get up to 0.75% p.a. on your balance
Your entire balance earns a variable competitive rate of interest. This means it could change according to the movements of the RBA cash rate
How is my interest calculated?
Interest on your balance is calculated every day and paid into the account once a month.
How do I access my money?
You are able to access the money in your account through ATMs, EFTPOS, cheque book, electronic deposits and withdrawals, BPAY, phone, online and mobile banking.
Check your balance through the AMP app
You can bank from your mobile device by downloading the AMP app from the Google Play Store or from the Apple App Store.
Linked Visa debit card
Your account will be linked to an AMP Visa debit card. This card allows you to make ATM enquiries and withdrawals along with purchases wherever the Visa logo is accepted.
Visa payWave feature
One of the features of your Visa debit card is Visa payWave. This allows you to make purchases of under $100 without having to swipe your card or sign the receipt.
Unlimited rediATM access
Unlimited free transactions can be made at any rediATM in Australia.
2.5% International transaction fee
If a transaction requires converting currency you will be charged 2.5% of the transaction amount. This usually occurs when you make a purchase overseas, or make a purchase in a different currency when shopping online.
$5.50 International ATM withdrawal fee$5.50 is charged to your account when you use an overseas ATM. Additional charges may be applied by the ATM network provider as well.
Available for personal accounts only
This account is intended for personal use only. If you are interested in a business account check the features of the AMP Business Cash Manager. You can compare other AMP products on this page.
- Fee-free transactions at rediATMs
- Linked AMP Visa Debit card with PayWave
- Internet access with MyAMP
- Minimum deposit required to waive monthly fee
- No branches available
How do I apply for the AMP Cash Manager?
If you think that the features of the AMP Cash Manager will work at helping you keep track of your finances, click “Go to Site” to begin an online application.
Eligibility to apply online
Before getting started, check to ensure that you are able to meet the eligibility requirements:
- Minimum age. In order to be considered for this account, you must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency requirements. You must be an Australian resident and able to be identified in Australia at the time of application.
- Depository requirements. No opening minimum deposit is needed, but you will need to deposit at least $2,000 monthly to avoid having to pay the monthly account keeping fee.
Documentation for your online application
As you make your way through the application you will find it easier to fill out if you have the following documentation close by:
- Tax file number. Letting AMP have your tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption code is not mandatory but it is used to apply the right tax rate to your earned interest withholdings. If not given, AMP is required to apply the highest marginal rate.
- Identification. Accepted forms that are used to help verify your identity include a Medicare card, driver’s licence or passport. If your identity cannot be verified electronically you may need to visit a branch or the post to complete the application.
- Bank account information. If you plan on linking this account to another in order to make transfers you will need to provide that account number along with the BSB number.
What happens after I submit my online application?
Filling out the online application typically takes ten minutes. If AMP Bank to post is being used to verify your identity, those forms will be mailed to you within three business days. Once the identity verification details have been received your account will be activated within two business days and your Visa debit card mailed to the address you provided.