Minimal fees and the ability to easily access your funds are two important requirements of any transaction account, and they’re two of the reasons why the Adelaide Bank MyEveryday Account is worth a closer look. Featuring a Visa Debit card, the MyEveryday Account provides a wide range of fee-free access options that allow you to spend your money whenever you want.
Adelaide Bank MyEveryday Account
- Account keeping fee
- ATM withdrawal fee
- Overseas ATM withdrawal fee
- Overseas transaction fee of transaction value
This everyday transaction account has no monthly account keeping fees and no minimum balance requirement to meet. There are no fees for EFTPOS, BPAY or electronic transactions in Australia, and you can make free withdrawals at Big Four ATMs as well as Adelaide and Bendigo Bank ATMs.
Adelaide Bank will charge you a $4 withdrawal fee at overseas ATMs, and a 2% international transaction fee on overseas purchases. While this is a bit less than the standard 3% fee that a lot of banks charge, there are several bank accounts that don’t charge this fee at all.
Adelaide Bank is part of the Bendigo Bank network, so you can make cash withdrawals and deposit cheques at Bendigo branches as well as Adelaide Bank branches.
$1 minimum opening balance
$0 account keeping fees
Online banking is available
$4 Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee
|Product Name||Adelaide Bank MyEveryday Account|
|Monthly account fee||$0|
|Own network ATM fee||$0|
|International ATM Fee||$4 + 2%|
|International transaction fee||2%|
|Monthly deposit required to waive account fee||N/A|
|Contactless Payments||Apple Pay, Google Pay|
|Joint account availability||No|
|Minimum opening deposit||$1|
Visa Debit card
The Adelaide Bank MyEveryday Account features a free Visa Debit card, providing convenient access to your funds anywhere that Visa is accepted around the world.
You can make a wide range of everyday transactions on this at-call account without incurring any fees. Fee-free transaction options include: ATM withdrawals, transfers and balance enquiries from any ATM in the Bendigo Bank network; cash deposits at any Bendigo Bank branch; BPAY/AnyPay; online banking transfers; telephone banking transfers; regular payment plans and more.
Minimum opening balance of $1
A minimum balance of just $1 is required to open an Adelaide Bank MyEveryday Account.
Minimum operating balance of $1
You will only need to maintain a minimum balance of $1 in your account to ensure that it stays open. The bank reserves the right to close your account if you do not meet this requirement. No maximum account balance limit applies.
No administration fees
There are no monthly or annual account-keeping fees attached to the Adelaide Bank MyEveryday Account.
Account statements are issued monthly, but you can monitor your transaction history at any time via Internet banking.
Fees for other services
Some other transactions on this account will incur a small fee, for example making a Bank@Post withdrawal or deposit or making a branch withdrawal or transfer. A full schedule of transaction fees is available from Adelaide Bank.
The following individuals and entities are eligible to open an Adelaide Bank MyEveryday Account: individuals, companies, partnerships, trusts and super funds.
How to apply
- Minimum age. You must be at least 18 years of age to open an account.
- Residency requirements. You'll need to be an Australian resident to apply; applications from outside Australia will not be accepted.
- Depository requirements. A minimum opening deposit of $1 is required to open an Adelaide Bank MyEveryday Account. You will also need to maintain a balance of at least $1 in your account at all times.
- If you're a new customer, you'll also need to provide valid proof of ID (for example, a current driver's licence or passport) when you apply to open an account.
What happens after I submit my application?
Once your application has been submitted and approved, you'll be sent your linked Visa debit card so that you can quickly and easily access your funds anywhere that Visa is accepted.
The Adelaide Bank MyEveryday Account combines a range of flexible access options with minimal fees to make it easy to manage your finances from one day to the next. However, before deciding whether it's the right transaction account for you, compare it with a range of other everyday accounts featured at finder.com.au.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked