Keep your credit card costs down with a low interest rate of 9.9% p.a., up to 45 days interest-free and no foreign transaction fees.
The Westpac Lite credit card gives you simple and affordable access to credit, with the bank’s lowest standard variable interest rate for purchases and credit limits that range from $500 to $4,000. It also has no fees for late payments and Visa benefits including contactless and mobile payments.
|Product Name||Westpac Lite Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||9.90% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$108 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$108 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- $0 foreign transaction fees
- $0 fee for missed payments
- A low interest rate of 9.9% p.a. on purchases
- You can request 1 additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- This card has no rewards program.
- Complimentary insurance covers are not offered on this card.
- Low maximum credit limit of $4,000
- This card only offers 45 days interest free, which is relatively a short period compared to what most cards offer.
Benefits and features of the of the Westpac Lite credit card
The highlights of this Westpac credit card include:
- Interest-free days. Enjoy up to 45 days interest-free on your purchases when you pay your account balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- $0 foreign transaction fees. If you use the Westpac Lite overseas or online with an international retailer, you won’t have to pay a foreign transaction fee.
- No missed payment fee. While it’s ideal to make payments on time, if you miss the due date on a statement you won’t be charged a fee with this card.
- Contactless payments. You can tap-and-go with this card for payments under $100. You can also make payments from a supported mobile device through Westpac’s Mobile and Tablet Banking apps.
- Security features. This card offers a Fraud Money Back Guarantee and Westpac Added Online Security at participating stores online.
Rates and fees of the Westpac Lite credit card
Weigh up the following costs to help decide if the Westpac Lite credit card is right for you:
- Purchase rate. This card has a low variable interest rate of 9.9% p.a. for purchases.
- Monthly fee. This card charges a $9 monthly fee.
- Additional cardholders. You can request 1 additional cardholder (aged 16 or over) at no extra cost.
- Minimum payments. To keep this account in good standing, you must pay at least 2% of your outstanding balance by the due date on each statement. If your balance is less than $10, you must pay the full balance for that statement.
How to apply for the Westpac Lite credit card
You can apply for the Westpac Lite credit card online in a few minutes. But before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- How old are you? You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- What is your residency status? You must be an Australian citizen or permanent Australian resident living in Australia to apply for this card.
Information and documents you’ll need
To speed up the application process, make sure you have the following details and documents on hand.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, street address, email address, phone number and driver's licence number. You’ll also need to include your marital status and details of any dependants.
- Employment details. This includes your current job, salary, length of employment and your employer’s contact details. You also need to provide recent employment history.
- Financial details. If you have any other forms of income or assets (such as savings or shares), you’ll need to provide these details in your application. You also need to include information on any existing loans and debts, as well as an estimate of your monthly personal expenses.
The Westpac Lite is a low-cost card that offers basic access to credit for purchases. Remember to weigh up the benefits, features and costs of this card based on your own spending habits so you can decide if it suits your needs.Back to top