Westpac Altitude Black Qantas
Earn up to 120,000 bonus Qantas Points and take advantage of luxury travel and shopping perks with the Westpac Altitude Black.
Apply for the Westpac Altitude Black - Qantas card by 30 November 2021 and boost your points balance with 90,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days. You'll earn an additional 30,000 points after the first eligible purchase has been made in the second year (120,000 bonus points total).
This card also comes with an interest-free balance transfer offer for 18 months (with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee). Plus, access to complimentary travel insurance, yearly airport lounge passes, and personal concierge services.
|Product Name||Westpac Altitude Black - Qantas|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 18 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||20.49% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Max credit limit||$75,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- Up to 120,000 bonus Qantas Points offer
- 0% balance transfer offer for 18 months
- Complimentary insurance covers and airport lounge passes
- Uncapped rewards points
- Charges a one-time 1% BT fee
- Offers only up to 45 days days interest-free on purchases, as compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days
- Charges a relatively high annual fee of $300 (includes $50 Qantas Rewards fee)
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.75|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
How to apply
You can apply for the Westpac Altitude Black - Qantas card online and receive a response in 60 seconds. Before you start, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $75,000 annually.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- New cardholder. This bonus points offer is only available to new Westpac customers. That means anyone who has held a Westpac Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum, Altitude Black or any Westpac Earth card in the past 12 months won't be eligible.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score to apply.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. You can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to 3 Australian credit, charge or store cards not issued by Westpac.
- Personal information. Including your full name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and contact information.
- Proof of identification. Such as your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card or Australian passport.
- Employment. You'll need to confirm your employment status and your employer's name, phone number and address.
- Finances. Details about your income and expenditure (which includes details of all existing debts). You'll need to confirm your income with copies of recent payslips or bank statements.
- Frequent flyer number. You'll need to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer number so your points can be debited to your account.
- Balance transfer information. To transfer a balance, you'll need to provide the account numbers of the cards you'd like to transfer, the provider's biller codes and the debt amounts.
- Up to 120,000 bonus Qantas Points. When you apply for a Westpac Altitude Black Credit Card by 30 November 2021, are approved, and reach a minimum spend of $4,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval, you will receive 90,000 bonus Qantas Points. Plus, you'll get another 30,000 points after making your first eligible purchase in the second year. Your points will be added to your account within 12 weeks after you've met the spend requirement.
- Balance transfer offer. Save on interest costs when you pay off your existing debt with a 0% interest on balance transfers for 18 months (with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee). Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate, currently at 21.49% p.a..
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points. You'll earn 0.75 points per $1 spent in Australia and with overseas merchants. You can redeem your points for flights with Qantas and its airline partners as well as products from the Qantas store. Eligible transactions include most of your everyday shopping at retail stores, cafes and petrol stations. Transactions that won't earn points include ATM withdrawals, cash advances, BPAY payments and balance transfers.
- Complimentary insurance. The Altitude Black - Qantas comes with a range of complimentary insurances including overseas travel insurance, transit accident insurance, purchase security insurance and extended warranty insurance.
- Westpac Concierge. The 24/7 Westpac Concierge service can help you with anything from booking restaurants, securing concert tickets or planning an event. You can make requests over the phone by calling 1300 651 999.
- Qantas Club Lounge invitations. You can enjoy two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations per year. To be eligible, you must register and then use your Altitude Black Card in Australia to purchase selected Qantas products and services directly with Qantas. You'll receive your invitations within 14 days of meeting the eligible spend. The features will vary between lounges, but you can usually look forward to complimentary bar service, fresh snacks and beverages as well as high speed Wi-Fi.
- Mobile wallet. If you link your card with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay, you can use your eligible smartphone or smartwatch to make contactless mobile payments at the checkout. You can also use your fitness tracker via Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay.
- Card security. This card is protected by CardShield to help guard your card from fraudulent activity online or in person. You can also shop online with peace of mind thanks to the online transaction security guarantee. The 24/7 Fraud Protection system monitors every card transaction and informs Westpac if any suspicious activity is spotted. Your card is also protected with an embedded microchip.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $300 annual fee.
- Purchase interest rate. The variable interest rate on purchases is 20.49% p.a.
- Cash advance interest rate. If you use the card to make a cash advance (such as an ATM withdrawal), you'll immediately attract the 21.49% p.a. interest rate. You'll also be charged the cash advance fee of 2% or $2.50 (whichever is greater).
- Interest-free period. You will receive up to 45 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The Westpac Altitude Black - Qantas card offers one of the biggest bonus Qantas Points promotions on the market right now. To give you an idea of your points potential, you can redeem the total 120,000 Qantas Points to fly return from Brisbane to Christchurch or Auckland in business (both 83,000 Qantas Points) or one-way from Sydney to London in premium economy (96,300 Qantas Points). The spend requirement to get the bonus points is also lower than some similar offers but you do need to keep the card for over a year – and pay the second year annual fee – to collect the full amount.
If you are looking to consolidate your debt, you can save with a 0% interest on balance transfers for 18 months. Keep in mind that this reverts to 21.49% p.a. after the introductory period and a 1% fee applies. While you can both earn bonus points and make balance transfers, paying down your existing debt should be your focus before chasing bonus points.
Beyond these introductory perks, you can also earn Qantas points on eligible domestic and international spending, airport lounge passes and insurance covers. This card charges a $300 annual fee, which is relatively high compared to other frequent flyer cards, so you’ll need to make sure that the perks outweigh the costs.