Save on credit card costs with a $0 annual fee for the first year and an introductory purchase rate of 1% for up to 12 months, plus repay your debt with 0% p.a. for 16 months on balance transfers.
Important InformationThe Westpac 55 Day Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Westpac credit cards here.
The Westpac 55 Day Credit Card is a no-frills credit card that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted internationally. You don’t have to pay any annual fees for the first year, and you can look forward to subsequent years’ fee waiver by meeting a preset annual spending limit.
You can use this card to transfer balances from up to 3 non-Westpac existing cards and make use of its special 0% p.a. for 16 months on balance transfers.
Westpac 55 Day credit card review
If you’re looking for a basic credit card that comes with a balance transfer offer, this Visa credit card could be an option. The card offers 0% p.a. interest on transferred balances for the first 16 months and if you apply during an ongoing promotional period, you can also take advantage of the introductory purchase rate offer at 1% for up to 12 months and receive an annual fee waiver for the first year.
Additional savings can also come in the form of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases provided you pay the closing balance completely by the statement due date each month.
Benefits of the Westpac 55 Day credit card
- Introductory purchase rate offer. This card offers an introductory purchase rate of 1% for 12 months (reverts to the standard purchase rate of 19.84% p.a. after the promotional period ends).
- Balance transfer offer. You can save in the form of interest if you use this card to transfer balances from up to 3 non-Westpac existing cards, simply because you don’t have to pay any interest on transferred balances for the first 16 months.
- Annual fee waiver. If you apply and get approved, you won’t have to pay any annual fees for the first year. After the first year, annual fees for subsequent years are waived if the minimum $5,000 yearly spend is met.. This offer is available on new card applications.
- Contactless technology. The Westpac 55 Day credit card is Visa payWave enabled, so you can use your card to make contactless payments for purchases less than $100 where the technology is supported.
- Use globally. Visa credit cards find acceptance in most countries around the world, so you can use this card just about anywhere you go, including EFTPOS terminals and ATMs displaying the Visa logo.
Features of the Westpac 55 Day credit card
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $30, but charges an annual fee of $0 if you apply and get approved. After the first year, annual fees for subsequent years are waived if the minimum $5,000 yearly spend is met. This offer is available on new card applications.
- Balance transfer offer. If you apply for a new card and request a balance transfer application, you can receive a 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for the first 16 months. The minimum you can transfer is $200 and you can transfer up to 95% of the approved credit limit. Any outstanding balance at the end of the 16-month period will attract the card’s purchase rate.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account’s closing balance completely before each due date, you can make use up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit of this Visa credit card is $1,000 and the maximum depends on your existing financial situation and ability to repay.
- Repayment methods. You can make payments through a nominated account using Westpac ATMs, Westpac’s online and phone banking platforms, Card Autopay facility, via BPAY, at any Westpac branch, and you can send cheques via mail.
- Additional cardholders. You can request for 1 free additional cardholder at $0 each for any nominated individual who is over 16 years of age, and you remain liable for all transactions made using this card.
- Card security. Cardshield is in place to provide protection against fraudulent use of your card, and the card’s embedded microchip offers more protection than magnetic strips. Falcon Fraud Protection monitors your card activity 24/7, and Verified by Visa provides additional security in the online world.