Save with 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 18 months and a reduced annual fee in the first year, plus earn Velocity Points per $1 spent on new purchases.
No longer offered in the market
The Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card - Balance Transfer Offer is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Virgin credit cards here.
This Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer offer combines an introductory 0% p.a. balance transfer rate with an annual fee of $64 in the first year (reverts to $129 p.a. thereafter).
It also offers bonus Velocity Points for every $1 you spend on eligible purchases in the first three months from card approval, in addition to the standard points earned for your spending. To take advantage of the introductory benefits, you need to apply and get approved by 31 March 2019.
Features and benefits of the Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from this card:
- Introductory balance transfer rate. This card offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 18 months when you apply and are approved before 31 March 2019. You must also request the balance transfer at the time of your application and can transfer balances from existing cards, personal loans and lines of credit not issued by Citi. At the end of the promotional period, any leftover balance will be charged interest at the cash advance rate.
- Reduced first year annual fee. For the first year you hold the card, you will be charged a $64 annual fee, reverting to $129 p.a. thereafter, along with a $19 first year annual fee ($39 p.a. thereafter) for each additional card.
- Bonus Velocity Points. In the first three months, you can earn 3 bonus Velocity Points on top of your standard earn rates for every $1 spent on eligible transactions (capped at 10,000 points per statement period).
- Annual Virgin Australia Gift Voucher. This card offers you a $129 Virgin Australia Gift Voucher each year that you can use towards Virgin Australia flights or selected Virgin Australia holiday packages. You can claim your gift voucher 30 days after card approval in your first year (30 days after your card anniversary thereafter). You also need to make a retail purchase as the Primary Cardholder in the two months prior to requesting your voucher, keep your account in good standing and be a Velocity Frequent Flyer member. Note that the gift voucher can be used anytime within 6 months from voucher issue date.
- Rewards program. Separate from any bonus points offer, you will earn 0.66 Velocity Points per $1 spent on retail purchases up to $1,500 (990 points) per statement period. After the $1,500 spend, you'll earn 0.5 Velocity Points per $1 spent thereafter.
- Complimentary insurance policies. Purchases you make using this card receive protection through a guaranteed pricing scheme, which helps cover the cost if you buy an eligible item and then see it elsewhere at a lower price. If you use your card to book overseas travel, you can also get complimentary transit accident insurance to help cover the cost of any injuries you sustain while riding as a passenger outside Australia. For full details of this cover, refer to the Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions available on the Virgin Money website.
- Personal concierge service. Like your own personal assistant, you can turn to this Visa Platinum service at any time, from anywhere in the world for help with tasks such as booking a restaurant reservation, purchasing concert tickets or organising flights.
Rates and fees of the Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card
- Purchase rate. This card has a variable interest rate of 20.74% p.a. for purchases.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account's closing balance in full by the due date on each statement, you take advantage of up to 44 interest-free days on purchases.
- Cash advance rate. This card charges a cash advance interest rate of 20.99% p.a. Note that cash advance transactions are charged interest from the day they are made and also attract a cash advance fee.
- International transaction fee. If you use this card overseas or online with an international retailer, you'll pay a fee worth 3.3% of the total transaction cost.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit available for this card is $6,000.
The Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer offers Velocity benefits, including points per $1 spent and a $129 Virgin Australia Gift Voucher that could help offset the cost of the annual fee. As it's not the only frequent flyer card on the market, make sure you compare your options before applying.