Get a 50% discount on your Virgin Active membership through the AIA Vitality rewards program. Earn reward points for getting fit.
AIA Vitality is a health and rewards program for customers with an eligible AIA life insurance policy. Membership comes with a long list of discounts and benefits, but one of the program's best features is a 50% discount on Virgin Active’s Flexible Active Me membership.
Given that Virgin Active health clubs are among the best gyms in the world this is a benefit that can save you money and help you get into shape.
What is AIA Vitality?
AIA Vitality is the rewards program for AIA life insurance members that helps you make real changes to your health and wellbeing with every healthy choice you make.
Members earn Vitality Points for taking active steps to improve their health. These points can be redeemed for a wide range of rewards from AIA and its partner retailers, including reductions on your insurance premiums, spa discounts, cheap movie tickets, shopping rewards and discounted travel packages.
You can earn reward points simply by undertaking health checks and assessments, which can be completed online and with health professionals. The relevant health checks can include:
- Health reviews
- Mental wellbeing assessments
- Dental assessments
- AIA Vitality Health Checks
- Fitness and nutrition assessments
How does the Virgin Active membership discount work?
AIA Vitality members get 50% off Virgin Active's Active Me flexible membership. While this discount doesn't extend to the one-off activation fee, it represents a serious savings for anyone committed to fitness.
How do AIA Vitality members access the discount?
To join Virgin Active and access the discount, AIA Vitality members simply need to:
- Log on to aiavitality.com.au
- Go to the Improve Your Health tab and select Gym and Fitness.
- Follow the redirect link to Virgin Active
- Enter an AIA Vitality member number and pay the activation fee.
After that, you will be able to collect your own Virgin Active membership card from your designated Virgin Active health club.
There are a few more things you should know about Virgin Active membership and AIA Vitality
- If you cancel your Virgin Active membership, make sure you cancel on or before the Sunday before the Thursday when your fortnightly bill is due. If not you'll end up paying for the next fortnight.
- You can keep your Virgin Active flexible me membership even if you cancel your AIA Vitality membership, but you'll lose the discount.
How do earn Vitality Points through my Virgin Active membership?
Collecting Vitality Points unlocks more discounts and rewards for AIA Vitality members. Here's how you can earn points:
- Visits. You earn 100 Vitality points every time you visit a Virgin Active club. All you need to do is swipe your Virgin Active card.
- Fitness activities. You can earn a further 100 points a day for fitness-related activities at Virgin Active. These activities must be trackable via apps or fitness devices connected to the AIA Vitality program.
- Organised fitness events. Take part in special fitness events through Virgin Active, such as running an organised marathon, and you can earn extra points above the 100-point cap. Your annual cap for physical activities is 15,000 points.
What are the benefits of Virgin Active?
Virgin Active has four health clubs in Sydney and two in Melbourne. Virgin Active’s health clubs are high-quality facilities offering:
- Swimming pools
- Modern fitness equipment
- An enormous range of group classes, including Pilates, yoga, Zumba, body combat and kickboxing
- Personalised training sessions
What are the terms and conditions of Virgin Active membership?
AIA Vitality members who sign up for Virgin Active membership must follow all the terms and conditions set by Virgin Active Australia.
- Activation fee. The activation fee is non-refundable and is not discounted for AIA Vitality members.
- Home club. Members must designate a home club when they apply. However, members have access to all Virgin Active clubs in Australia and limited access to clubs in other countries.
- Commitment period. Members must commit to an initial minimum of four weeks.
- Freezing membership. It is possible to freeze your membership for a period of time but it does incur a fee.
- Cooling-off period. There is a 7-day cooling-off period from the day you signed the contract, allowing you to cancel in that time and receive a refund on membership fees. Virgin Active will not refund the activation fee.