Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card
Get a $0 annual fee and a low ongoing interest rate for purchases and cash advances.
The Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card has a 13.99% p.a. interest rate and offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases. You can learn more about this card's costs, features and benefits and find out how to apply below.
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Police Credit Union Extralite Credit Card|
|Purchase rate||13.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||44 days|
|Cash advance rate||13.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$50,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- No monthly or annual fees
- Low 13.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- Only offers up 44 days interest-free, compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$4|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$4|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The Police Credit Union extralite is a no annual fee credit card that also offers an ongoing interest rate of 13.99% p.a., which is competitive with other low rate credit cards. It also offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases if you pay the account's closing balance in full by the due date on your statement.
As a Visa credit card, you can use the Police Credit Union extralite to make purchases in-store, online or over the phone all around the world (wherever Visa is accepted). You also get the benefit of the Guardian Fraud Protection Service, which includes fraud-monitoring and a money back guarantee against fraudulent transactions.
How to applyYou can apply for the Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card online by filling in a secure application form. Alternatively, you can call the team on 1300 131 844. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the required documents on hand:
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Credit history. You must not have a history of bankruptcy or legal proceedings against you.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Make sure you have the following information when you apply for the Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card:
- Identification. You must become a member of the credit union when you apply for the Visa credit card. You can complete this step online using your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card.
- Income and assets. List information about your income, your employer and any income generating assets such as savings or investment accounts. You can apply for this account if you're working casual, full time, part time or if you're self employed.
- Expenses and liabilities. Provide details about your ongoing monthly expenses, liabilities and information about other credit cards if you want to carry out a balance transfer.
- $0 annual fee. The Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card charges no annual fee for life.
- Contactless payments. Make contactless payments for purchases under $100 at the checkout. You can also link your card with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay to make contactless payments using your smartphone or compatible device.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your statement balance in full by the due date.
- Fraud protection. The Guardian Fraud Protection Service monitors your account for suspicious transactions and can help you recover lost funds if you experience credit card fraud. You also get a money back guarantee, which means you will be reimbursed for unauthorised credit card purchases that are detected on your account.
Rates & fees
- Interest rate. This card charges an ongoing interest rate of 13.99% p.a., which applies to both purchases and cash advances.
- Overseas transaction fee. If you use this card for purchases made in a foreign currency, a fee worth 3% of the transaction will apply. This includes foreign currency transactions made online.
- Minimum credit limit. This low rate credit card features a minimum credit limit of $1,000. Note that your actual credit limit is determined based on the lending criteria, and may be different to this amount.