Enjoy a low ongoing interest rate on purchases and cash advances, a low minimum credit limit and interest-free days with the Police Credit Union Extralite Visa credit card.
The Police Credit Union Extralite is a no annual fee and low rate Visa credit card. Pay just 12.99% p.a. on purchases. You can avoid the purchase rate of interest altogether if you pay your account in full by the statement due date – the Police Credit Union gives you up to 44 days interest-free on over-the-counter and payWave purchases using the Extralite credit card. Read on to compare the fees, features and benefits and find out how to apply.
|Product Name||Police Credit Union Extralite Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||12.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||$4|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$4|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
Benefits of the Police Credit Union Extralite Visa Credit Card
- Low ongoing purchase rate of interest. The standard variable purchase rate of interest is 12.99% p.a. This rate of interest applies to all transactions using the Police Credit Union Extralite Visa Credit Card.
- $0 p.a. annual fee. The Police Credit Union Extralite Credit Card is free to own. The Police Credit Union do not charge an annual fee for this product.
- Fraud protection. The Police Credit Union protect your account using the Guardian Fraud Protection Service. This security feature monitors your account for suspicious transactions and can help you recover lost funds if you’re the victim of credit card fraud. Visa also give you peace of mind through the Visa Zero Liability Guarantee. This guarantee gives you a full reimbursement if any unauthorised credit card purchases are detected on your account.
Features of the Police Credit Union Extralite Visa Credit Card
- Balance transfers. You can transfer your non-Police Credit Union credit or store card debt to the Extralite Visa so you can save on interest repayments. You can use up to your available credit limit towards a balance transfer facility.
- Additional cardholders. Get a free extra card for a friend or family member over the age of 18. Additional cards have a unique card number but share the same credit limit.
- Low credit limit. This low rate credit card features a low minimum credit limit of $1,000. You can apply for this Visa credit card if you’re on a low income.
- Interest-free days. The Police Credit Union gives you up to 44 days interest-free when you use the Extralite Visa credit card to make over the counter and payWave purchases. You can continue to get interest-free days if you pay your account in full each month by the due date on your statement.
- Visa credit card. This low rate credit card from Visa can be used at millions of shops and ATMs around the world. A currency conversion fee applies when you make a purchase in a different currency.
- Visa contactless payments. Make Visa payWave payments at contactless terminals around the world. Tap your Extralite Visa against a contactless terminal to make purchases under $100 in seconds. Visa payWave purchases are capped at $400 per day and the Police Credit Union give you the option of disabling Visa payWave if you wish.
- Minimum monthly repayment. You are required to pay 3% or $20, whichever is greater of your outstanding balance each month. A $15 late payment fee applies if you don’t make the minimum repayment within 21 days of the due date on your credit card statement. The fee is increased to $25 if the payment isn’t made within 35 days.
How to apply for the Police Credit Union Extralite Visa credit card
If you’ve compared your options and decided you’d like to apply for this card, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the required documents on hand:
- Age. You must be 18 or older to apply for this credit card.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Minimum income. No minimum income requirement is listed by the Police Credit Union. You must have a regular income and be able to service the minimum credit limit of $1,000.
Make sure you have the following information when you apply for the Police Credit Union Extralite Visa Credit Card:
- Identification. You must become a member of the credit union when you apply for the Visa credit card. You can complete this step online using your driver’s licence, passport or Medicare card.
- Income and assets. List information about your income, your employer and any income generating assets such as savings or investment accounts. You can apply for this account if you’re working casual, full time, part time or if you’re self employed.
- Expenses and liabilities. Provide details about your ongoing monthly expenses, liabilities and information about other credit cards if you want to carry out a balance transfer.
The Police Credit Union Extralite Visa Credit Card gives you interest-free days and a low purchase rate so you can make purchases without racking up costs. This isn’t the only low rate card on the market though, so make sure to compare a few options before you apply.Back to top