P&N Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card
Get a competitive 11.31% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases, as well as platinum perks.
The P&N Bank Platinum Visa credit card has a $99 annual fee and gives you access to a a comprehensive complimentary insurance package and a 24/7 platinum concierge service. It also offers up to 45 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
Balance transfer rate
Interest free period
|Product Name||P&N Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||11.31% p.a.|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate||11.31% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||45 days|
|Cash advance rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Charges a low variable rate of 11.31% p.a.
- Comes with complimentary insurance covers and concierge services
- Only offers up to 45 days interest-free on purchases
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance outstanding|
|Late payment fee||$5|
|Cash advance fee||$5|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply in person by visiting your nearest P&N Bank branch, you can speak to a P&N Bank lending specialist over the phone or you can apply online. For quicker processing, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the relevant details and documents on hand:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Personal information. You'll need to provide your full name, address, relationship status and number of financial dependents. You'll also need a valid form of ID such as your driver's licence, Medicare card or passport.
- Income. Confirm your employment status, salary and employer's contact details. You can also provide details of income from sources such as Centrelink or superannuation.
- Finances. You'll need to list your liabilities, assets and any expenses including bills, groceries, transport and education.
- Low rate. While most platinum cards tend to charge high interest rates, this platinum card charges a competitive variable rate of 11.31% p.a. This rate applies to purchases as well as cash advances, and if you have balances rolling over from one month to the next, you can save on your interest repayments.
- Complimentary insurance covers. When you make a purchase using this card it receives protection through complimentary purchase security insurance as well as extended warranty insurance. When you book travel tickets using this card, you receive complimentary interstate flight insurance, overseas travel insurance, and transport accident insurance.
- Platinum concierge service. Platinum cardholders can access this 24/7 global service in different languages. It can help you in making travel plans, which include booking flight tickets and making hotel reservations. The service can help you locate restaurants and reserve tables, it can assist you in booking tickets for sporting events, concerts, and live shows and it can also help you with your business needs.
- Visa Premium. This service, provide by Visa, gives you access to a plethora of lifestyle, entertainment, and travel privileges.
- Mobile wallets. Your new P&N Bank Platinum Visa credit card is payWave-enabled, so you can make contactless payments for purchases under $100. You can also link your card with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay using your eligible smartphone or wearable device to tap and pay wherever contactless payments are accepted.
- Verified by Visa. This online security program provides additional safety every time an online transaction makes use of your credit card's details.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. P&N Bank Platinum Visa cardholders have to pay an ongoing annual fee of $99.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your card's outstanding balance in full before every due date you can get as many as 45 interest-free days on purchases.
- Free card replacement. Emergency card replacement is free, globally.
- Additional card. You can get an additional card linked to your P&N Platinum Visa card. Keep in mind you remain liable for all transactions made using the given card.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit for this platinum card is $6,000. P&N Bank assigns a limit to your card after taking your existing financial situation into account.