Newcastle Permanent Value+ Credit Card
Cut credit card costs with a competitive annual fee and a low 11.99% purchase rate.
The Newcastle Permanent Value+ credit card offers competitive rates and fees plus the convenience of Visa. Purchases, cash advances and balance transfers all attract a 11.99% p.a. interest rate and the card charges a low $49 annual fee.
Balance transfer rate
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Newcastle Permanent Value+ Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Purchase rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- A relatively low annual fee of $49
- A low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers
- Does not offer any rewards
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$5|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The Newcastle Permanent Value+ credit card combines a competitive annual fee and interest rate. It’s also one of the few cards that charges the same low interest rate on purchases and cash advances. Although customers can enjoy the perks you’d usually expect with a Visa, this card doesn’t come with extra features like rewards and complimentary insurance that you could expect with a more expensive product.
How to apply
You can apply for the Newcastle Permanent Value+ credit card online in 10-15 minutes. Before you start the application, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information.
- Income. Applicants must earn at least $20,000 p.a.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency. This card is only available to permanent Australian residents.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential address, Australian mobile number, email address and consent for identity verification preference.
- Finances. You'll be asked to list your income, expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Employment. Confirm your current employment status and provide your employer's contact details. If you are self-employed, you will need to include your financial statements and personal tax returns for the last two years.
- Low interest rate. This credit card charges a variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a., which is low compared to many other products.
- Competitive annual fee. Cardholders will be charged a competitive annual fee of $49 p.a.
- Visa benefits. You can use the card wherever Visa is accepted, take advantage of exclusive entertainment, travel and lifestyle deals through Visa Offers & Perks and shop with peace of mind with Visa's Zero Liability policy against fraudulent transactions.
- Additional cardholders. If you want to share your credit card account with a family member, you can request up to 3 additional cardholders at no extra cost. As the primary cardholder, you'll be liable for all transactions made with any additional cards.
Rates & fees
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Interest-free days only apply to purchases, not cash advances or balance transfers.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. A fee worth 3% of the transaction will apply if you make a payment in a foreign currency when you're overseas or shopping online with an international retailer.
- Cash advance fee. As well as the cash advance interest rate, you'll be charged a fee of 2% or $2.50 per transaction (whichever is greater) when you use your card to make a cash advance such as an ATM withdrawal or to buy foreign currency.