Collect an introductory 60,000 bonus points in the first 60 days when you meet the spend requirements.
The NAB Rewards Platinum Card earns points that you can redeem for rewards including travel, merchandise and frequent flyer points with Velocity, Cathay Pacific/Asia Miles or the Air New Zealand Airpoints program. It also comes with seven complimentary insurances, including overseas travel insurance and purchase protection insurance.
If you apply and are approved for this card, you can get 60,000 bonus points by spending $2,500 on everyday purchases within the first 60 days. You’ll also be able to enjoy 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers (with a 2% balance transfer fee) if you apply for the balance transfer at the time of the credit card application. Note that minimum monthly repayments are required.
|Product Name||NAB Rewards Platinum Card|
|Rewards Program||NAB Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||90% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$195 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$195 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- You can receive 60,000 bonus points when you spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 60 days from account opening.
- Benefit from a range of complimentary insurances such as Overseas Travel Insurance, Extended Warranty Insurance and Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance.
- Enjoy Visa Front Line Access and a 24/7 access to the NAB Platinum Concierge Services.
- This card comes with only up to 44 days interest-free on purchases, as opposed to most cards that offer up to 55 days.
|Rewards Program||NAB Rewards|
|Bonus Points||60,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of the NAB Rewards Platinum Card
Some of the standout features you can enjoy with the NAB Rewards Platinum include:
- Bonus points offer. Spend $2,500 on eligible purchases within 60 days and you’ll unlock 60,000 bonus NAB Rewards points.
- Rewards program. When you have earned enough points, you can redeem them for a range of rewards including travel with Webjet, frequent flyer points, merchandise, experiences and gift cards.
- Frequent flyer rewards. If you want to earn more frequent flyer points, this program allows you to transfer a minimum of 3,000 NAB Rewards points for 1,500 Velocity Points, 1,000 Asia Miles or $15 Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollars. To simplify the transfer rates, this means you get 1.5 Velocity Points, 1 Asia Mile or $0.015 Airpoints Dollars for every 3 NAB Rewards points.
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers a balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 6 months when you apply online during the promotional period. Note that a one-off balance transfer fee of 2% applies. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining balance from your transfer will attract the standard variable cash advance rate.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Pay for at least $500 of your pre-booked travel with this card and you can get comprehensive overseas travel and medical insurance (issued by QBE). The NAB Rewards Platinum also offers transport accident insurance, interstate flight insurance and domestic hotel burglary cover.
- Complimentary purchase insurances. Eligible purchases made with the NAB Rewards Platinum Card are covered by purchase protection insurance against theft, loss or damage for up to 3 months, extended warranty insurance for up to 12 months and price protection insurance to help you get the lowest price for your purchases. Terms and conditions apply for all insurance cover, so make sure you read the NAB Card Insurance Policy booklet for full details of each policy.
- NAB Concierge. Enjoy access to a 24/7 concierge service that can help you with tasks such as travel planning and bookings, entertainment tickets, flower deliveries and restaurant recommendations and bookings.
- Visa benefits. The NAB Rewards Platinum Card is a Visa credit card that offers contactless payments via Visa payWave, exclusive ticket and experience offers through Visa Entertainment, and extra security online through Verified by Visa. As a platinum card, you also gain access to a variety of premium Visa benefits, including priority access to pre-released tickets through Visa Front Line.
- Eligible for Samsung Pay. You can link your NAB credit card with Samsung Pay to make contactless payments using your qualifying Samsung device at the checkout.
Features of the NAB Rewards Platinum Card
If you’re interested in the NAB Rewards Platinum Card, make sure you also consider the following details:
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $195.
- Purchase rate. There is a 19.99% p.a. standard variable interest rate for purchases made on this card.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can enjoy up to 44 interest-free days on purchases with the NAB Rewards Platinum Card. Note that interest-free days do not apply while you have a balance transfer.
- Cash advance rate. The standard variable rate for cash advance transactions is 21.74% p.a.
- Cash advance fee. If you use the NAB Rewards Platinum Card to get cash out or for another type of cash equivalent transaction, you’ll pay a fee of 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater.
- Minimum credit limit. The minimum credit limit available is $6,000 for this platinum credit card.
- International transaction fee. When you use this card for foreign currency transactions, a fee worth 3% of the total Australian dollar amount applies.
How to apply for the NAB Rewards Platinum Card
You can apply for the NAB Rewards Platinum Card online in around 15 minutes. Before getting started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all your relevant details and documents on hand to help speed up the process.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You can apply for the NAB Rewards Platinum if you are an Australian citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident, you will need to provide the last overseas address for where you lived, as well as other details of your residency status.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, residential address, email address and contact number. You’re also required to provide identification, such as your driver’s licence number.
- Employment details. This includes your employer’s name and contact details, your role and the length of time you’ve worked there. You’ll also need to provide details of your salary and may be asked to submit recent payslips or bank statements.
- Financial details. As well as your income, this includes details of any assets such as savings, shares or investments. You’ll also need to provide information about existing cards, loans, other debts and ongoing financial responsibilities and expenses (ie groceries and fuel).
The NAB Rewards Platinum Card is a premium rewards card that lets you earn at least 2 points on every $1 rewards points per $1 spent and a range of complimentary extras, including travel insurance. As it's not the only rewards card on the market, though, it’s worth comparing a range of other reward options so you can find the right card for your circumstances and needs.Back to top