NAB Rewards Platinum Card
Collect 60,000 bonus points and enjoy complimentary insurance covers plus premium perks like a 24/7 concierge service.
The NAB Rewards Platinum earns points that can be redeemed for merchandise, frequent flyer points and more. It offers seven complimentary insurances, including overseas travel insurance.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months with 2% balance transfer fee
Per $ spent
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||NAB Rewards Platinum Card|
|Rewards program||NAB Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||90% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||44 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$30,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- You can receive 60,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 on everyday purchases within 60 days from account opening.
- Benefit from a range of complimentary insurances such as Overseas Travel Insurance, Extended Warranty Insurance and Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance.
- Enjoy Visa Premium Access and a 24/7 access to the NAB Platinum Concierge Services.
- This card comes with only up to 44 days interest-free on purchases, as opposed to most cards that offer up to 55 days.
|Rewards program||NAB Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
You can transfer a minimum of 3,000 NAB Rewards Points for 1,500 Velocity Points, 1,000 KrisFlyer Miles, 1,000 Asia Miles or 15 Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollars. As an example, you could exchange 60,000 NAB Rewards Points for 30,000 Velocity Points. As KrisFlyer, Asia Miles and Air New Zealand Airpoints aren’t directly linked with any Australian rewards credit card, this could be a good option if you belong to one of these programs.
Many Australian card issuers offer their own rewards programs linked with frequent flyer partners, so make sure to compare your options before you apply.
How to apply
You can apply for the NAB Rewards Platinum card online in 15 minutes and receive a response within 60 seconds. Before you start, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents to complete the application.
- Residency. You can apply if you're an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident, you will need to have an acceptable visa. Many visas are acceptable but the following are not: Visitor Visa (exception, a Special Category Visa - NZ Citizen is acceptable), Working Holiday, Student, Exchange/gap year, Transit/short stay/seasonal, and Bridging.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. You can transfer up to 90% of your approved credit limit from non-NAB accounts.
- New customer. The bonus points and 0% balance transfer offers are only available to new NAB customers.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, residential address, email address and contact number. You're also required to provide identification, such as your driver's licence number.
- Employment. This includes your employer's name and contact details, your role and the length of time you've worked there. You'll also need to provide details of your salary and may be asked to submit recent payslips or bank statements.
- Finances. As well as your income, this includes details of any assets such as savings, shares or investments. You'll also need to provide information about existing cards, loans, other debts and ongoing financial responsibilities and expenses (ie groceries and fuel).
- Balance transfer details. If you're conducting a balance transfer, you'll need to include how much you're moving and your previous account details.
- Bonus points offer. Spend $1,000 on eligible purchases within 60 days of card approval and you'll unlock 60,000 bonus NAB Rewards Points.
- Earn NAB Rewards Points. You'll earn 1 NAB Rewards Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases. You'll also earn 2 additional NAB Rewards Points when you use your card to make international transactions and 1 additional NAB Rewards Point when you shop in-store and online at major stores including Myer, David Jones, Bunnings, Mitre 10 and more.
- Redeem rewards. You can redeem your points for a variety of rewards including travel with Webjet, experiences, gift cards, merchandise and partnered frequent flyer points. You can get 1.5 Velocity Points, 1 KrisFlyer Mile, 1 Asia Mile or $0.015 Airpoints Dollars for every 3 NAB Rewards points you transfer.
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers a balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 6 months when you apply online during the promotional period. A one-time balance transfer fee of 2% applies. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining balance from your transfer will attract the variable cash advance rate.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Use this card to pay for at least $500 of your pre-booked travel and you can get comprehensive overseas travel and medical insurance (issued by Allianz). The NAB Rewards Platinum also offers transport accident insurance, interstate flight insurance and domestic hotel burglary cover. Eligibility requirements, exclusions and conditions apply.
- Complimentary purchase insurances. Eligible purchases made with the NAB Rewards Platinum Card are covered by purchase protection insurance against theft, loss or damage for up to 3 months, extended warranty insurance for up to 12 months and price protection insurance to help you get the lowest price for your purchases. Terms and conditions apply for all insurance cover, so make sure you read the NAB Card Insurance Policy booklet for full details of each policy.
- NAB Concierge. Your 24/7 concierge service can help you with tasks such as travel planning and bookings, entertainment tickets, flower deliveries and restaurant recommendations and bookings.
- Visa benefits. The NAB Rewards Platinum Card offers contactless payments via Visa payWave, exclusive ticket and experience offers through Visa Offers + Perks, and extra security online through Verified by Visa. As a platinum card, you also gain access to a variety of premium Visa benefits, including priority access to pre-released tickets through Visa Front Line.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your NAB credit card with Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay to make contactless payments using your qualifying device at the checkout.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $195 p.a.
- Purchase rate. A 19.99% p.a. standard variable interest rate applies to purchases made on this card.
- Interest-free days. Receive up to 44 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full, or if your statement shows an interest free days amount, in full, by the statement due date.
- Cash advance rate. The standard variable rate for cash advance transactions is 21.74% p.a.
- Cash advance fee. If you use the NAB Rewards Platinum Card to withdraw cash or for another type of cash equivalent transaction, you'll pay a fee of 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater.
- Credit limits. This card has a minimum credit limit of $6,000 and a maximum credit limit of $30,000.
- International transaction fee. When you use this card for foreign currency transactions (such as shopping overseas or online with an international merchant), a fee worth 3% of the total Australian dollar amount applies.