NAB Low Fee Card
Save on credit card costs with a low annual fee and an introductory 0% interest rate on balance transfers with the NAB Low Fee Card.
The NAB Low Fee Card offers affordability and modest perks, with a competitive annual fee of $30, up to 44 interest-free days on purchases and offers on shopping, dining, travel and entertainment through Visa Offers + Perks.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months with 2% balance transfer fee
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||NAB Low Fee Card|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||90% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||44 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$30,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- A low annual fee of $30
- 0% on balance transfers for the first 6 months
- Additional cardholder at no extra cost
- Offers 44 days interest-free on purchases, compared to other cards that offer up to 55
- No rewards program which means there's no incentive for spending
- A 2% fee applies to any balances transferred
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply for the NAB Low Fee card online in 25 minutes and get a response in 60 seconds. Before you start the application, check if you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information ready:
- Residency. You can apply if you're an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident, you will need to have an acceptable visa. Many visas are acceptable but the following are not: Visitor Visa (exception, a Special Category Visa - NZ Citizen is acceptable), Working Holiday, Student, Exchange/gap year, Transit/short stay/seasonal, and Bridging.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. You must apply for the balance transfer at the time of application and you can transfer up to 90% of your available credit limit from non-NAB Australian credit cards.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score.
- Age. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details, residential address, marital status and number of financial dependents.
- Proof of identification. You'll need to provide your Australian driver's licence, passport or another form of ID to verify your identity.
- Finances. You'll be asked to confirm your annual income with recent payslips or bank statements. You'll also need to list your expenses, assets as well as any debts.
- Employment. Confirm your current employment and list your employer's contact information.
- Purchase protection insurance. NAB Purchase Protection Insurance provides complimentary cover for three months against theft, accidental damage or loss for personal retail goods purchased anywhere in the world. Exclusions, limits and terms and conditions apply.
- Free additional card. You can request an additional cardholder to be linked to the account at no additional cost.
- Low annual fee. The annual fee on the card is $30.
- Balance transfer rate. This card offers a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first 6 months, which reverts to the cash advance rate after that period. A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies and minimum monthly repayments are required.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your NAB credit card with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay to make contactless payments using your qualifying device at the checkout.
- Visa Offers + Perks. You can take advantage of exclusive offers on shopping, dining, travel and entertainment, with the range of current deals listed on the Visa Offers + Perks website.
Rates & fees
- Purchase interest rate. This card charges a 19.74% p.a. purchase interest rate.
- Interest-free days. Receive up to 44 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full, or if your statement shows an interest free days amount, in full, by the statement due date.
- Cash advance interest rate. If you use your cash for a cash advance, such as an ATM withdrawal, you'll be charged the 21.74% p.a. cash advance rate.
- Minimum credit limit. The minimum credit limit on this card is $1,000.