Money hack: Pay just $2 for a barista-made coffee of any size
You could even get a large double-shot flat white with fancy macadamia milk, and it'd still be just $2.
When people say they've got a money hack for you, it's almost always the classic "Just give up your daily coffee and you'll save $25 a week". Then, when you don't look very impressed, they'll say, "That adds up to $1,300 a year!".
We understand that giving up coffee is probably not an appealing option for a lot of people who rely on it to function at a basic human level. That's why this hack is such a good one; because you can have your coffee and eat it too. In other words, you can enjoy your daily barista made brew, and still meet your savings goal.
The solution? The Hey You app.
Hey You is a free app that allows you to order ahead for your morning coffee and pay through the app. This means when you arrive at the cafe you can waltz straight to the front of the line and pick up your freshly made flat white.
But the app does so much more than just enabling you to beat the queue, it also offers daily deals and discounts. On any given day in the Sydney or Melbourne CBD, you can take your pick between cafes fighting for your business by offering $2 hot drinks of any shape or size. And I mean any shape and size. The large double-shot flat white with fancy macadamia milk? Yep, I ordered that.
- Download the Hey You app. It's free!
- Add your debit card details to the app, so you can easily pay within the app when you order rather than at the cafe when you arrive.
- Turn your location on, so the app can show you which cafes are nearby and which ones have the deals for the day.
- When you find a cafe with the $2 hot drinks deal, click through and place your order. You can get any size and any type of milk for the $2 deal.
- Go to the cafe, walk past everyone waiting in line and pick up your coffee.
Then, proceed to smile and nod when people tell you about their revolutionary money hack of giving up your daily coffee.
finder money hacks is a bi-weekly roundup of the latest tips and tricks to improve your finances. Check back every Wednesday and Saturday for new hacks.
- 4 migrants give their must-do tips for moving to Australia
- Taking out an Australian mortgage for the first time? Here are our top tips
- 5 must-know tips if you’re thinking about moving abroad
- 5 things you need to do if you’ve just moved to Australia
- Savings account or term deposit? Things to consider for 2023