Latitude GO Mastercard
Save with 0% interest payment plans when you make major purchases at participating stores around Australia.
The Latitude GO Mastercard offers a range of interest-free payment plans when you shop with partner retailers, including Harvey Norman and The Good Guys.
Per $ spent (Visa/Mastercard)
Interest free period
- $0 annual fee
- 0% interest payment plans
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases
- Account servicing fee of $5.95 per month
- Charges a 3% of transaction value foreign transaction fee
- Relatively high purchase and cash advance interest rates
Amy is an editor and writer at finder.com.au with more than 10 years experience covering credit cards, personal finance and various lifestyle topics. When she’s not sharing her knowledge on money matters, Amy spends her time as an actress.
The stores where you can get a 0% interest payment plan vary based on your location, so it’s worth checking the GO Mastercard website to see if the retailer or brand you’re interested in is available. There is also a handful of participating retailers online – including Harvey Norman, The Good Guys and Freedom.
How to apply
You can apply for the Latitude GO Rate Mastercard online in less than 10 minutes by filling out a secure application form. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details you need handy
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you are a temporary resident and want to apply, you must have a valid visa with at least 12 months remaining.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number, residential address, marital status and number of dependents. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number.
- Employment details. You will be asked for details including your salary, job title, length of employment and employer's contact details. You may also be asked for recent payslips, bank statements or other documents that verify this information.
- Financial details. This covers other forms of income, such as pension or government payments, your assets and savings, as well as any existing loans, cards and debts. You also need to share details of your regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Rewards. The Latitude GO Mastercard earns 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases, which you can redeem for gift cards, experiences and merchandise through the GO Rewards program. Eligible purchases cover most everyday spending, including groceries, petrol, dining out and retail purchases. Transactions that don't earn points include cash advances, balance transfers, interest premiums and fees and charges. Points are capped at 100,000 per year.
- Interest-free payment plans. These plans vary by store and purchase, with three main options:
- Interest Free Plans. With this option, you need to make minimum monthly repayments and can get a 0% p.a. interest period starting from 6 months.
- Installment Interest Free. This payment plan gives you a way to pay off purchases interest-free by making equal monthly repayments over a set period of time. These plans are only available at selected retailers during special promotional periods.
- Buy Now, Pay Later. With this plan, you can get the items that you want without any upfront payment or scheduled repayments. Instead, you can make payments at any time and won't be charged interest if you pay it off before the plan's end-date.
- Optional buyer's protection insurance. This insurance package gives you price protection and merchandise protection for your purchases. It also offers a stolen card benefit of $200 if your card is reported to the police as stolen, as well as balance benefits and life benefits to help cover costs associated with your account if you can't make repayments due to unexpected job loss, disability or death. A monthly fee worth 1% of your balance (up to a maximum of $50) applies for this insurance.
- Mobile payments. You can use this card to make payments straight from a mobile device with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay.
Rates & fees
- Account-servicing fee. If you carry a balance of more than $10, you will be charged a monthly account-servicing fee of $5.95. This could add up to $71.40 per year.
- Establishment fee. When you open your credit card account you'll be charged a one-off fee of $25.
- Purchase interest rate. When you make purchases on your card, excluding those that are under a 0% interest plan, you'll be charged a rate of 22.74% p.a.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your balance in full, not including balances part of the 0% payment plans, you can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free.
- Cash advance rate. When you use your card to withdraw cash from an ATM, you'll be charged a rate of 25.9% p.a.
- Expired promotional purchase rate. If you don't pay off the balance of your 0% interest plan before it ends, any remaining balance will be charged interest at a rate of 25.90% p.a. (variable).
- Card security. This card offers Falcon fraud monitoring, zero liability against fraudulent transactions and Mastercard SecureCode for online purchases.