Latitude GO Mastercard
Offers 0% interest payment plans when you make major purchases at participating stores around Australia – but watch out for the revert rate.
The Latitude GO Mastercard gives you a way to buy what you want and save on interest costs for a set period of time, with interest-free payment plan offers at partner retailers, including Harvey Norman and The Good Guys. But if you don't pay off the balance of a 0% interest payment plan before it ends, a high interest rate of 25.9% p.a. applies.
The Latitude GO Mastercard also offers up to 55 days interest-free on your everyday purchases and $0 monthly fee when your outstanding balance is less than $10.
Interest free period
|Product Name||Latitude GO Mastercard|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (25.9% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate p.a.||21.45%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||25.9% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$25,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- Choice of 0% interest payment plans: Interest Free, Instalment Interest Free & Buy Now, Pay Later
- $0 account establishment fee
- When you carry a balance of less than $10, you will not have to pay the $8.95 account servicing fee
- Does not have a rewards program
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
- High purchase and cash advance interest rates
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$4.00 in addition to cash advance fee|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. She is also the editorial lead for Finder Green, covering sustainability across different industries. Her work has appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy also has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The stores where you can get a 0% interest payment plan vary based on your location, so it’s worth checking the Latitude GO Mastercard website to see if the retailer or brand you’re interested in is available. There is also a handful of participating retailers online – including Harvey Norman, The Good Guys and Freedom.
How to apply
You can apply for the Latitude GO Mastercard online in less than 10 minutes by filling out a secure application form. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details you need handy
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you are a temporary resident and want to apply, you must have a valid visa with at least 12 months remaining.
- Credit history. Latitude Financial will conduct a credit check when you apply. You can check your own credit score for free through Finder before you apply to help determine if this card is right for you.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number, residential address, marital status and number of dependents. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number.
- Employment details. You will be asked for details including your salary, job title, length of employment and employer's contact details. You may also be asked for recent payslips, bank statements or other documents that verify this information.
- Financial details. This covers other forms of income, such as pension or government payments, your assets and savings, as well as any existing loans, cards and debts. You also need to share details of your regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Interest-free payment plans. These plans vary by store and purchase and you can have multiple 0% plans active at once up to your available credit limit. There are three options:
- Interest Free Plans. With this option, you need to make minimum monthly repayments and can get a 0% p.a. interest period starting from 6 months.
- Instalment Interest Free Plans. This payment plan gives you a way to pay off purchases interest-free by making equal monthly repayments over a set period of time. These plans are only available at selected retailers during special promotional periods.
- Buy Now, Pay Later. With this plan, you can get the items that you want without any upfront payment or scheduled repayments. Instead, you can make payments at any time and won't be charged interest if you pay it off before the plan's end-date. Plans for this option start at 3 months.
Rates & fees
- Account-servicing fee. When you carry a balance of more than $10, you will be charged a monthly account-servicing fee of $8.95. This could add up to a total of $107.40 per year.
- Purchase interest rate. When you make purchases on your card, excluding those that are under a 0% interest plan, you'll be charged a rate of 21.45% p.a.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your balance in full, not including balances part of the 0% payment plans, you'll get up to 55 days interest-free on your other purchases.
- Cash advance rate. When you use your card for a cash advance transaction, you'll be charged a rate of 25.9% p.a.
- Expired promotional purchase rate. If you don't pay off the balance of your 0% interest plan before it ends, any remaining balance will be charged interest at a rate of 25.9% p.a. (variable).
- Card security. This card offers Falcon fraud monitoring, zero liability against fraudulent transactions and Mastercard SecureCode for online purchases.
Compare other credit cards with instalment plans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.