Take advantage of a low interest rate on purchases while enjoying the savings from a financial institution owned by customers.
The Greater Bank Visa Credit Card can be seen as a 'greater' option in more ways than one, and is worth considering if you're looking for a credit card. The Greater Bank offers you a card with all the basic features you want without paying for the extras you don't need. You can enjoy a low interest rate on purchases and cash advances, and can also avoid paying the annual fee after the first year. Take a look at the features this card has to offer and see if it's right for you.
|Product Name||Greater Bank Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||11.95% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$49 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||11.95% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$49 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% or $10, whichever is the greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||$1.50-$20, depending on amount & account balance|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$4-$20, depending on amount & account balance|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
- A low variable interest rate of 11.95% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- Ability to use Visa payWave, Visa Checkout, Verified by Visa and BPAY
- High balance transfer interest rate of 11.95% p.a.
- No rewards program or complimentary insurance covers.
Greater Bank Visa Credit Card review
The Greater Bank Visa credit card is designed to offer affordable and straightforward access to credit, with a low annual fee and a low ongoing variable purchase rate of 11.95% p.a. It also offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
As this is a Visa card, you can use it to shop in person, online and over the phone at millions of locations around the world. You can also save time at the checkout with payWave contactless payments and enjoy secure shopping with Verified by Visa.
Benefits of the Greater Bank Visa Credit Card
- Low interest rate. The 11.95% p.a. interest rate on the card is among the lowest currently on offer.
- Save on the annual fee. The $49 annual fee will be waived after the first year if you spend at least $12,000 on the card annually.
- Security. You have the option of registering for Verified by Visa, which is a free service that provides extra protection when you shop online with your card with a personal password at participating retailers. The card also has chip technology for added security.
- Interest-free days. You can enjoy 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay your balance in full each month.
- Visa benefits. Take advantage of all that Visa has to offer including payWave for contactless purchases, Verified by Visa for online security and access to special perks and discounts with Visa Offers.
Features of the Greater Bank Visa Credit Card
- Balance transfer rate. If you are bringing over an existing credit card balance, you will be charged a rate of 11.95% p.a., as there is no promotional balance transfer offer.
- Cash advance fee. A cash advance fee of $1.50-$20, depending on amount & account balance will apply to any domestic cash advance transaction.
How to apply for the Greater Bank Visa Credit Card
To apply for the Greater Bank Visa Credit Card you can follow the secure link on this page to the online application form. When you complete the application you will need to print it off and sign it, and then send that along with other required documents to The Greater Bank for verification.
To be eligible for this card you'll need to meet the following:
- Be aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Be a permanent Australian resident of NSW, QLD or ACT
You will need to supply the following information to complete the application process:
- Your current and previous employer's personal and contact details
- If you are self-employed you will need to provide the last two years' Notice of Assessments from the ATO
- Details of your income along with two current payslips
- Current loan repayments and current credit and store card limits and the value of any assets you own
- If you require a balance transfer you will need to provide your latest credit card statement
- A copy of your current photo ID
While the Greater Bank Visa could be a great options for those looking for a low rate, no-frills card, be sure to compare your options before deciding to apply for any credit card.Back to top