Greater Bank Visa Credit Card
Take advantage of a low interest rate on purchases while enjoying the savings from a bank owned by customers.
The Greater Bank Visa Credit Card can be seen as a 'greater' option in more ways than one, and is worth considering if you're looking for a credit card. The Greater Bank offers you a card with all the basic features you want without paying for the extras you don't need. You can enjoy a low interest rate on purchases and cash advances, and can also avoid paying the annual fee after the first year. Take a look at the features this card has to offer and see if it's right for you.
Balance transfer rate
Interest free period
|Product Name||Greater Bank Visa Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||9.95% p.a.|
|Purchase rate||9.95% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||9.95% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$25,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- The $49 annual fee will be waived when you spend $12,000 annually after the first year
- A low variable interest rate of 9.95% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
- 55 days interest-free on purchases
- No rewards program or travel insurance
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$1.50|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$4|
How to applyTo apply for the Greater Bank Visa Credit Card you can follow the secure link on this page to the online application form. When you complete the application you will need to print it off and sign it, and then send that along with other required documents to The Greater Bank for verification.
To be eligible for this card you'll need to meet the following:
- Be aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Be a permanent Australian resident of NSW, QLD or ACT
You will need to supply the following information to complete the application process:
- Your current and previous employer's personal and contact details
- If you are self-employed you will need to provide the last two years' Notice of Assessments from the ATO
- Details of your income along with two current payslips
- Current loan repayments and current credit and store card limits and the value of any assets you own
- If you require a balance transfer you will need to provide your latest credit card statement
- A copy of your current photo ID
- Low interest rate. The 9.95% interest rate on the card is among the lowest currently on offer.
- Save on the annual fee. The $49 annual fee will be waived after the first year if you spend at least $12,000 on the card annually.
- Security. You have the option of registering for Verified by Visa, which is a free service that provides extra protection when you shop online with your card with a personal password at participating retailers. The card also has chip technology for added security.
- Interest-free days. You can enjoy 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay your balance in full each month.
- Visa benefits. Take advantage of all that Visa has to offer including payWave for contactless purchases, Verified by Visa for online security and access to special perks and discounts with Visa Offers.
Rates & fees
- Balance transfer rate. If you are bringing over an existing credit card balance, you will be charged a rate of 9.95%, as there is no promotional balance transfer offer.
- Cash advance fee. A cash advance fee of $1.50 will apply to any domestic cash advance transaction.
While the Greater Bank Visa could be a great options for those looking for a low rate, no-frills card, be sure to compare your options before deciding to apply for any credit card.