The G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card can be used around the world through the Visa network. You can also add it to your digital wallet with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. If you pay the total balance listed on your statement by the due date, you'll get up to 50 days interest-free on purchases with this card. But otherwise, a 19.99% p.a. variable purchase rate applies and will add to your balance.
G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card
- Bonus points
- Purchase rate
- 19.99% p.a.
- Reward point per $ spent
- Annual fee
- $299 p.a.
50,000 bonus Qantas Points
10,000 bonus Qantas Points yearly
Earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 on eligible spending, plus 1 additional point per $1 on select Qantas spending.
Platinum perks, including hotel rewards and a personal concierge
The standard annual fee of $299 p.a. is relatively high.
|Product Name||G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate p.a.||19.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 50 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.99%|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$75,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$5|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
How to apply
You can apply for the G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. To get started, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and have the information you need to complete the application.
- New cardholder. The introductory bonus points offer on this card is only available to new cardholders. This means you can't currently hold or have held any G&C Mutual Bank Visa Credit Card in the past 24 months.
- Employment. You must be eligible to work in Australia and be employed or earning a regular income.
- Residency. You can apply for this card if you're an Australian or New Zealand citizen. You can also apply if you're an Australian permanent resident currently living in Australia.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score. And you can't be going through the process of bankruptcy.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, marital status, number of dependents, email address and contact information. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your Australian driver's licence or passport.
- Employment. This covers your employment status and how much you earn before tax.
- Finances. As well as any other sources of income, you need to provide details of your savings, debts and other financial responsibilities. You also need to provide an estimate of your regular, household expenses such as rent, groceries and utility bills.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer details. You need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership details to be able to earn Qantas Points with this card, including for bonus points.
- 50,000 bonus Qantas Points. If you apply as a new cardholder, you'll get 50,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days from approval. While there is no end-date for this offer, G&C Mutual Bank may vary or end it at any time.
- Annual bonus Qantas Points. Each year that you have the G&C Mutual Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card, you'll get 10,000 bonus Qantas Points applied annually in November.
- Qantas Points per $1. You'll earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 on eligible purchases, up to 20,000 points per statement period. Eligible purchases cover most everyday spending. But transactions that don't earn points include BPAY payments, cash advances, spending with government-related agencies (including the Australian Taxation Office and Australia Post) and transactions made when your account has a positive balance.
- Platinum concierge service. This card gives you access to the Visa Platinum Concierge service, which can help with requests such as booking travel and accommodation, making restaurant reservations or sourcing gifts for loved ones.
- Digital wallets. You can add this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay accounts to make payments straight from your mobile phone or device.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card has a $299 annual fee, which is at the higher end of the scale for frequent flyer cards offering a similar range of features.
- Purchase interest rate. The 19.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases is around average for credit cards in Australia.
- Cash advances. If you use your card to withdraw cash or for any other cash advance transactions, a $5 cash advance fee applies. You'll also be charged the 21.99% p.a. interest rate from the time of the transaction.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 50 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the statement balance in full by the due date.
- Minimum credit limit. The minimum credit limit you can apply for is $6,000.
- Supplementary card. You can request a supplementary card linked to your primary card at the time of application or later. The primary cardholder remains liable for all transactions made using an additional card.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked