Earn Qantas Points as you spend and consolidate your debts with a 0% balance transfer offer for 12 months with the G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card.
The G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card comes linked to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program, which gives you multiple ways to redeem your accumulated points. If you have an existing debt, you can use this card to consolidate your financial burdens with the promotional balance transfer offer.
This platinum credit card offers complimentary travel and insurance covers, which you can make use of in different situations. Plus, you can turn to a platinum concierge service at any time of the day or night. If you use this card in the right way, you can get up to 50 interest-free days on purchases.
|Product Name||G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.74% p.a.)|
|Maximum Balance Transfer Amount||75% of the approved credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||18.74% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$249 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 50 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$249 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5.00|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5.00|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.85|
G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card Review
If you don’t mind paying an ongoing annual fee to take advantage of a platinum credit card, this offering by G&C Mutual Bank could be for you. This card allows you to earn Qantas points every time you use this card to make eligible purchases, and you can redeem your points for more than flight tickets.
If you have existing credit cards with outstanding balances that attract high interest, you can use this card’s 0% p.a. balance transfer offer for 12 months to repay your balance interest free. Complimentary insurance covers are in place to offer cardholders extra peace of mind.
Benefits of G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card
If you plan to use G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Qantas points. You stand to earn 0.85 Qantas point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases. You can earn 1 Qantas points for every dollar spent on particular Qantas products and services in Australia. If you’re not an existing Qantas Frequent Flyer Program member, you’ll receive a free membership, which is a saving of $89.50.
- Balance transfer offer. If you use this card to transfer balances from existing cards you don’t have to pay any interest on transferred balances for the first 12 months. You can transfer up to 75% of the approved credit limit. At the end of the promotional period, any outstanding balance from balance transfers starts attracting the card’s cash advance rate.
- Complimentary insurance covers. This platinum credit card offers various complimentary insurance covers, which include overseas travel insurance, transport accident insurance, domestic flight inconvenience insurance, global car hire excess waiver, purchase security insurance and best price guarantee.
- Platinum concierge service. All cardholders get round-the-clock access to a global platinum concierge service. This service can provide information about travel documents, make travel arrangements, and offer assistance with translation and messaging.
Features of the G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card
Before you apply, take some time to go through the following:
- Annual fee. This credit card charges an ongoing annual fee of $249.
- Minimum credit limit. The minimum credit limit of this card is $6,000.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account’s closing balance in full each month, you can use as many as 50 interest-free days on purchases.
- Balance transfer offer. New cardholders can make use of this card’s promotional balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. that stays in place for the first 12 months.
- Rewards for spending. When it comes to redeeming your Qantas points for rewards, you get to choose between flight tickets, flight upgrades, hotel stays and a range of merchandise.
- Complimentary insurances. Purchases you make using this card receive protection through complimentary purchase insurances. When you use this card to pay for travel, you can make use of various travel insurances.
- Supplementary card. You can request for a supplementary card linked to your primary card, at the time of application or later. Bear in mind that you remain liable for all transactions made using any such supplementary card.
- Card security. This card comes with an embedded microchip that offers greater protection against fraud when compared to cards that rely solely on magnetic strips. When your credit card details make it to the Internet, Verified by Visa works as an additional line of defence.
How to apply for the G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card
You can apply online, you can download and print an application form, you can speak with a G&C Mutual Bank representative over the phone, or you can simply walk into the nearest service centre. In any case, you’ll have to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply.
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re a permanent resident of Australia
- You have good credit history
- Your complete name, date of birth, marital status and number of dependants.
- Details from an identification document like your Australian driver’s license or passport.
- Your residential status, residential address, phone number and email address.
- Your employer’s name, phone number and address.
- Details about your income, expenses, assets and liabilities.
If you think you’ll make regular use of this card to offset the annual fees it charges, you can consider applying for it, but since you can find other cards with similar features on the market, it’s worthwhile to compare a few.Back to top