G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card
Cut costs with a low interest rate on purchases and a competitive annual fee with the G&C Low Rate Visa credit card.
The G&C Low Rate Visa is designed to help you keep your credit card costs low. It charges a 7.49% p.a. interest rate on purchases, which is one of the lowest on the market. You can also save with a competitive annual fee and up to 50 interest-free days on purchases.
Interest free period
- 7.49% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- $50 annual fee
- Up to 50 days interest free on purchases
- This card is not linked to any rewards program.
Sally McMullen is Finder's credit cards and frequent flyer editor by day and a music maven by night. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone.
How to applyYou can apply for the G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate credit card online but you’ll need to check if you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information before you get started.
- Residency. You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident to receive approval.
- Employment. You must be eligible to work in Australia and employed or earning a regular income.
- Credit history. You’ll need a good credit score and mustn’t be going through the process of bankruptcy.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, marital status, number of dependents, email address and contact information. If you’re applying for an additional cardholder, you’ll need to provide their personal details too.
- Employment. You’ll need to confirm your employment status and how much you earn before tax.
- Finances. You’ll be asked to list your estimated living expenses as well as any liabilities including a home loan, credit card or HECS loan. You’ll also be asked to confirm your assets including any savings or investments.
- Low purchase rate. Your purchases will attract a low interest rate of 7.49% p.a.
- Visa perks. You can use your card at millions of locations wherever Visa is accepted and enjoy exclusive discounts and deals through Visa Offers and Perks.
- Banking app. You can view your transaction history, check account balances and transfer funds on-the-go with the G&C Mutual Bank app.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $50 p.a.
- Cash advances. If you use your card to withdraw cash or make another cash advance transaction, you'll immediately collect the 15.49% p.a. interest rate. You'll also be charged a $5 cash advance fee.
- Interest free days. You can make use of as many as 50 interest free days on purchases if you pay your account’s closing balance before each due date.
- Additional card. You can request an additional card for any relative over 18 years of age. The card will be linked to the same account and you remain liable for all transactions made using this card.
- Minimum credit limit. You can apply for a credit limit starting at $1,000.
- Visa Checkout. You can use Visa’s digital wallet service and simplify your shopping experience without needing to enter your personal and card details across multiple sites.
- PayWave. This credit card is PayWave enabled, so you can use it to make contactless payments for purchases less than $100.
- Verified by Visa. This online service provides additional security when you use your card to shop online.