CreditLine interest-free payments
Choose one of CreditLine’s zero-interest payment plans and enjoy interest-free online shopping at over 9,000 shops in Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
CreditLine offers customers extra credit or cash for online shopping with interest-free repayments. You can either have up to $3,000 sent directly to your bank account or you can apply for a Gem credit card with a set credit limit.
How does CreditLine work?
Sign up with CreditLine online or in-store at a participating store. CreditLine offers three interest-free repayment plans: Buy Now, Pay Later; Interest Free; and Instalment Interest Free.
The Buy Now, Pay Later plan requires you to make no payments during the promotional period but you can make payments whenever you like. Interest-free periods for these plans vary by promotion.
The Interest-Free payment plan starts with six-month terms and only requires you to pay 3% of your outstanding balance each statement period or $25, whichever is greater.
With the Instalment Interest-Free plan, you make regular, fixed interest-free repayments. Payments for all interest-free plans can be made by direct debit, BPAY, cheque or money order, or in person at certain bank branches and post offices. It’s important to note that some of these payment methods imply fees.
Features of shopping with CreditLine
Below are some of the features of the CreditLine payment plans.
- No interest on payments. As long as you pay off your balance within the promotional period, you pay no interest on your instalments.
- Flexible options. You can choose between the three payment plans depending on which one best suits your needs. You’re also able to apply in-store or online.
- Easy application. An online application can be approved within 60 seconds. You can also apply as you shop in one of the stores supporting the interest-free payment plans.
- Easy repayments. You can repay via direct debit, BPAY, cheque or money order, and at participating banks and post offices.
- Insurance. Shopper’s insurance is available at a premium of 1% of the monthly closing balance and capped at $50.
How much will this cost?
Here are some of the fees you can expect to pay:
- Establishment fee. A one-off fee of $25 will be charged for setting up the loan.
- Account-keeping fee. If the outstanding balance is bigger than $10, a fee of $4.95 is charged.
- Late fees. If your payments are late, you will be charged a late fee of $20.
- Payment fees. Payments made in person incur a fee of $2.50, while online payments include a fee of $0.95.
How to sign up with CreditLine
You can apply online through the CreditLine website and you can be approved within 60 seconds. You can also sign up in one of the shops supporting the interest-free payment plans.
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a permanent resident of Australia.
The following documents are required:
- Driver’s licence or passport
- Documents detailing your assets and liabilities
- Employment details
Frequently asked questions about CreditLine
What's my credit limit?
Check your statement to find out your credit limit – it will be in the top right-hand corner.
How much do I need to repay each month?
The minimum repayment is 3% of your outstanding balance or $25, whichever is greater. However, to repay your total balance within the interest-free period you may need to repay more.
I want to increase my credit limit. When can I apply to do this?
You're able to apply for a credit limit increase every six months.
More guides on Finder
Zip Business Trade Plus
Zip's Business Trade Plus service allows you to split the cost of your business expenses up to $150K over four4 monthly instalments, without having to pay anything for the first 60 days, for a 3% fee. Find out more here.
Great Southern Bank Variable Rate Personal Loan
With a Variable Rate Personal Loan from Great Southern Bank you get simplicity matched with the opportunity to save yourself hundreds of dollars in interest fees. The flexibility in repayments that this loan gives you makes it easy to keep up with and pay it off without incurring extra fees.
Payday loans with no credit checks
These lenders won't complete a credit check when people apply for a loan, but there are other eligibility requirements that applicants must meet. Learn more here.
Happiness statistics 2021
Finder research reveals key happiness statistics. Data shows children, financial security and a good Internet connection make Aussies happy.
CommBank Neo Business Interest-Free Card
This no interest, flat-fee credit card gives you a way to manage your business spending with predictable costs.
How to invest in cryptocurrency
Learn how to get started investing in cryptocurrency, the methods available to you, and what to keep in mind before making your first purchase.
Review: Wirex cryptocurrency card and app
Spend 10 different cryptocurrencies anywhere Visa is accepted with the Wirex Crypto Card and earn rewards.
American Express Cashback Credit Card
This Amex card puts money back in your pocket, earning 1% cashback per $1 on most purchases – plus a bonus 5% in the first 3 months.
Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard – Exclusive Offer
Enjoy 10,000 bonus points and 12 months interest-free on balance transfers and purchases. Plus, an ongoing $0 annual fee.
Finder’s RBA Cash Rate Survey: 60% of experts blame BNPL for drop in credit cards
Credit cards are being used less and experts say Buy Now Pay Later services such as Afterpay and Zip are to blame according to the latest Finder RBA Cash Rate Survey results.
Ask an Expert