CreditLine interest-free payments
Choose one of CreditLine’s zero-interest payment plans and enjoy interest-free online shopping at over 9,000 shops in Australia.
CreditLine offers customers extra credit or cash for online shopping with interest-free repayments. You can either have up to $3,000 sent directly to your bank account or you can apply for a Gem credit card with a set credit limit.
How does CreditLine work?
Sign up with CreditLine online or in-store at a participating store. CreditLine offers three interest-free repayment plans: Buy Now, Pay Later; Interest Free; and Instalment Interest Free.
The Buy Now, Pay Later plan requires you to make no payments during the promotional period but you can make payments whenever you like. Interest-free periods for these plans vary by promotion.
The Interest-Free payment plan starts with six-month terms and only requires you to pay 3% of your outstanding balance each statement period or $25, whichever is greater.
With the Instalment Interest-Free plan, you make regular, fixed interest-free repayments. Payments for all interest-free plans can be made by direct debit, BPAY, cheque or money order, or in person at certain bank branches and post offices. It’s important to note that some of these payment methods imply fees.
Features of shopping with CreditLine
Below are some of the features of the CreditLine payment plans.
- No interest on payments. As long as you pay off your balance within the promotional period, you pay no interest on your instalments.
- Flexible options. You can choose between the three payment plans depending on which one best suits your needs. You’re also able to apply in-store or online.
- Easy application. An online application can be approved within 60 seconds. You can also apply as you shop in one of the stores supporting the interest-free payment plans.
- Easy repayments. You can repay via direct debit, BPAY, cheque or money order, and at participating banks and post offices.
- Insurance. Shopper’s insurance is available at a premium of 1% of the monthly closing balance and capped at $50.
How much will this cost?
Here are some of the fees you can expect to pay:
- Establishment fee. A one-off fee of $25 will be charged for setting up the loan.
- Account-keeping fee. If the outstanding balance is bigger than $10, a fee of $4.95 is charged.
- Late fees. If your payments are late, you will be charged a late fee of $20.
- Payment fees. Payments made in person incur a fee of $2.50, while online payments include a fee of $0.95.
How to sign up with CreditLine
You can apply online through the CreditLine website and you can be approved within 60 seconds. You can also sign up in one of the shops supporting the interest-free payment plans.
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a permanent resident of Australia.
The following documents are required:
- Driver’s licence or passport
- Documents detailing your assets and liabilities
- Employment details
Frequently asked questions about CreditLine
What's my credit limit?
Check your statement to find out your credit limit – it will be in the top right-hand corner.
How much do I need to repay each month?
The minimum repayment is 3% of your outstanding balance or $25, whichever is greater. However, to repay your total balance within the interest-free period you may need to repay more.
I want to increase my credit limit. When can I apply to do this?
You're able to apply for a credit limit increase every six months.
Ask an Expert