Credit Union SA Education Community credit card
Enjoy a $0 annual fee, 0% introductory rate for 6 months on this low-cost card for education students and workers in SA.
The Credit Union SA Education Community credit card offers an introductory 0% p.a. interest rate for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances for the first 6 months. This reverts to a low variable rate of 9.99% p.a. for all transactions.
Along with no annual fee, this card offers interest-free days on purchases and contactless mobile payments.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
for the first 6 months (reverts to 9.99% p.a.)
Interest free period
|Product Name||Credit Union SA Education Community Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (9.99%)|
|Purchase rate||0% p.a. for 6 months, reverts to 9.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||9.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Ongoing $0 annual fee
- 0% interest on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances for 6 months (reverts to 9.99% p.a.)
- Compatible with Google Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay
- No rewards program
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to apply
You can apply for the Credit Union SA Education Community credit card online by filling in a secure application form. You can also apply by visiting the Adelaide branch (400 King William St) or by calling (08) 8202 7777 from metro areas or 1800 018 227 from country SA.
To get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- Education worker or student. To get this card, you must be employed in the South Australian education sector or be studying to work in education in SA.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Income. You must get a regular income.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact information and a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card details.
- Employment information. As well as your salary, you should include details of your job title, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or other documents that help verify this information.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, savings, assets and your existing loans, credit cards or other debts. You also need to estimate your share of regular, essential expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and groceries.
- 0% p.a. for 6 months. The Credit Union SA Education Community credit card offers an introductory interest-free period for the first 6 months. This 0% p.a. rate applies to purchases, balance transfers and cash advances made during the introductory period. Any balance left over at the end of this period will attract the card's variable rate of 9.99% p.a.
- $0 annual fee. This card gives you no annual fee for life, which can help keep your credit card costs down.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your card's closing balance in full by the due date on each statement, you'll get up to 55 days interest-free for purchases. Check out this guide for more details about how interest-free days work.
- Mobile wallets. You can add this card to your account with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay, then make payments straight from your mobile device.
- Visa benefits. You can use this card to pay in stores, online or over the phone anywhere Visa is accepted. In stores, you can tap and pay (or use your mobile), while online you'll get the added protection of Visa Secure verification. You also get zero liability for fraudulent transactions, plus access to exclusive shopping, dining, travel and entertainment deals through Visa Offers + Perks.
Rates and fees
- Interest rates. Outside of any promotion, this card has an ongoing variable interest rate of 9.99% p.a., which is competitive with other low rate cards.
- Currency conversion fee. A fee of 3% applies for transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency.
- Account management. Check your account balance, temporarily lock your card and manage other details through Credit Union SA Internet or mobile banking.