Commonwealth Bank Gold Awards Card – Rates and Fees
The CommBank Gold Awards card was discontinued in March 2018.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
No longer offered in the market
The Commonwealth Bank Gold Awards credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of previous customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of Commonwealth Bank credit cards below or offers for other gold credit cards here.
Compare current CommBank credit card offers
The Commonwealth Bank Awards Program is one of the largest in Australia, offering flexibility that makes it easy to redeem your rewards points. Use your points to pay for your travel at Flight Centre, or spend them in-person when shopping at Myer. You can also log in to the CommBank Awards website via NetBank and choose from over 1,000 reward options.
Commonwealth Bank Gold Awards Credit Card review
Maximise your rewards earning potential with both a Mastercard and an American Express card linked to your CommBank Gold Awards account. Each $1 spent on eligible purchases made with your Mastercard is 1 more point towards your account. The American Express can double the value by earning 2 points per dollar spent overseas, at supermarkets, department stores and petrol stations in Australia, and 0.5 points per dollar everywhere else.
As well as rewards, the CommBank Gold Awards Card offers included travel insurance, purchase security insurance and extended warranty on purchases. You will also receive a travel money card with $0 issue fee and access your cash while overseas with 13 foreign currencies to choose from.
Benefits of the Commonwealth Bank Gold Awards Card
The Commonwealth Bank Gold Awards card offers benefits for travellers and savers:
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $119.
- Points earning. When you shop with your CommBank Mastercard, you will receive 1 point for every $1 spent. Earn up to 2 points per $1 spent with your Commonwealth Bank American Express card overseas and at supermarkets, department stores and petrol stations in Australia. Other eligible spending with the Amex card will earn 0.5 points per $1. Points are capped at 75,000 per year, or 60,000 per year if you opt into Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct. If you require a more generous points cap, then you may like to consider the Commonwealth Bank Diamond Awards credit card.
- Rewards redemption. You can redeem your CommBank Awards points for products at Myer, flights and travel rewards with Flight Centre or for gadgets, gift cards, homewares and more via the Awards store through your NetBank account.
- Balance transfer offer. Consolidate your personal debt by moving the balances of your other Australian non-Commonwealth credit cards to this one and take advantage of a reduced interest rate of 5.99% p.a. for 5 months. At the end of the promotional period, any remaining balances will revert to the standard variable rate for cash advances, currently at 21.24% p.a.
- Included insurance covers. Included international travel insurance is available with this card, along with extended warranty and purchase security insurance.
- Lock, block and limit. This security feature allows you to pause international online and in-store payments, lock your credit card temporarily if you have misplaced it, block ATM withdrawals/cash advances and limit how much you can spend per transaction.
Features of the Commonwealth Bank Gold Awards Credit Card
- Annual fee. You will be charged $119 annually for using this card plus $10 for each additional card.
- Cash advances. You can use your credit card to withdraw cash from an ATM but will be charged $2.50 or 2.00% of the transaction amount (whichever is greater). The same fee applies whether you use a Commonwealth Bank ATM or an ATM in another network or overseas (non-CommBank ATMs may also charge their own usage fees). Any cash advances will attract a 21.24% p.a. interest rate.
- Interest-free days. Make a purchase and pay no interest for up to 55 days when you pay your balance in full. The standard purchase rate on this card is 20.24% p.a.
- Credit limit. There is a minimum credit limit of $4,000, with the maximum depending on your income and financial circumstances.
The Commonwealth Bank Gold Awards Card offers many ways for cardholders to get extra value from their credit card. As this isn't the only rewards credit card on the market, though, it's important that applicants compare their options before applying.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Diners Club Business Card
The Diners Club Business Card can be used to earn points per $1 with over 35 million merchants – including Officeworks, Qantas and Woolworths.
Australia’s greenest banks
Which Australian banks are really doing their bit for the environment? Find out with the Finder Green Awards.
CommBank Neo card
A new type of credit card to the Australian market, the CommBank Neo doesn’t charge any interest but has a monthly fee instead. Find out more in our comprehensive review.
CBA announces zero interest credit card CommBank Neo: How does it compare?
The Big Four Bank's new offering comes less than a day after NAB released its own new no-interest card.
Finder Awards 2020 Best No Annual Fee Credit Card
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best No Annual Fee Credit Card.
Finder Awards 2020 Best Credit Card for Travellers
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Credit Card for Travellers.
Finder Awards 2020 Best Rewards Credit Card
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Rewards Credit Card.
Commonwealth Bank Corporate Interest-Free Days card
Keep track of employee spending and free up cash flow with the CommBank Corporate Interest-Free Days card.
Commonwealth Bank Business Transaction Account ($10 Monthly Fee Option)
The Commonwealth Bank Business Transaction Account offers a Business Visa debit card, easy access to your funds and a range of convenient tools to help you manage your business’s cash flow.
8 personal finance habits to get more out of life
SPONSORED: Hacks to help you spend less time thinking about your money and more time enjoying it.
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.