Coles Rewards Mastercard
Earn up to 120,000 bonus flybuys points and save with no international transaction fees on the Coles Rewards Mastercard.
Earn flybuys points faster with up to 120,000 bonus points! When you apply by 31 January 2020 and spend $3,000 in the first 90 days of approval, you'll earn 100,000 bonus flybuys points. You'll be rewarded with an additional 20,000 bonus points within 3 weeks of your card's first anniversary. You'll also collect 2 points per $1 you spend on the Coles Rewards Mastercard.
You can cut costs with no foreign transaction fees on overseas and online purchases, plus, up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Balance transfer rate
for 14 months
Per $ spent (Visa/Mastercard)
|Product Name||Coles Rewards Mastercard|
|Balance Transfer Rate||0% p.a. for 14 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate||Cash Advance Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available balance|
|Purchase Rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||55 days|
|Cash Advance Rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$2,000|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (Visa/Mastercard)||0%|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
- 100,000 bonus points when you spend 31 January 2020 in the first 90 days and an additional 20,000 points within 3 weeks of your card's first anniversary (120,000 points total)
- Balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 14 months, with no balance transfer fee
- 2 flybuys points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases
- No international transaction fee on overseas purchases
- Relatively high annual fee of $99
- Balance transfer reverts to cash advance rate after the promotional period
|Bonus Points||120,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (Visa/Mastercard)||2|
|Rewards Points per $ Cap (Visa/Mastercard)||Uncapped|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$30|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (Visa/Mastercard)||0%|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% or $1.95, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2.5% or $5, whichever is greater|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
Sally McMullen is Finder's credit cards and frequent flyer editor by day and a music maven by night. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone.
You can redeem 2,000 flybuys points for $10 off at partnered stores including Coles and Kmart. So you could redeem 120,000 flybuys points for around $600 off at the checkout. If you prefer frequent flyer points, you could also exchange your total bonus points for 52,200 Velocity Points.
Like most cards linked with a loyalty program, the Coles Rewards Mastercard attracts a high purchase interest rate and is best suited to people who can pay their balance in full each month. Although you can clear existing debt with no interest for 14 months, you won’t earn any flybuys points on balance transfers.
How to applyYou can apply for the Coles Rewards Mastercard online and receive a response within 60 seconds. Make sure to check if you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information to complete the application before you get started.
- Income. You must have an after-tax income of at least $25,000 p.a.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you are planning to transfer a balance to this card, you can transfer up to 80% of your available credit limit from Australian accounts not issued by Citigroup.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Credit history. You'll need a good credit score to receive approval.
- Residency. This card is available to permanent Australian residents.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact information, residential address and number of dependents.
- Proof of identification. You'll need to verify your identity with ID such as an Australian driver's licence or passport.
- Income. You'll need to confirm your annual income and provide your employer's name, address and phone number.
- Finances. You'll be asked to list any assets (such as savings, property or superannuation) and liabilities (including other debts and credit limits).
- flybuys membership. If you already have one, you can include your flybuys membership number. If you're not already a member of the flybuys program, you will be automatically enrolled when you apply.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer on this card, you need to provide details including the total amount of debt you want to transfer, your account name and number, as well as the BSB for the institution that currently holds the debt.
- Bonus points offer. Receive up to 120,000 bonus points when you apply and are approved for a Coles Rewards Mastercard by 31 January 2020. You'll receive 100,000 bonus flybuys points within 3 weeks after spending $3,000 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days and an additional 20,000 bonus flybuys points within 3 weeks after the card's first anniversary.
- Balance transfer offer. Consolidate and repay existing debts with 0% interest on balance transfers for 14 months when you apply by 31 January 2020. After the introductory period, any remaining debt will attract the cash advance interest rate of 19.99% p.a. You should note that you won't earn flybuys points on balance transfers and you won't be eligible for interest-free days if you're paying off a balance transfer debt.
- Rewards program. You will earn 2 flybuys points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. You'll collect 1 additional point when you scan your flybuys barcode at eligible retailers including Coles, Kmart, Target and Liquorland. You can redeem your flybuys points for merchandise and gift cards from the flybuys store as well as money off your shop at Coles supermarkets. You can get $10 off at the Coles checkout with 2,000 flybuys points. Eligible purchases cover most everyday transactions including groceries, petrol and dining, while transactions that are not eligible for points include cash advances, balance transfers and account fees.
- No international transaction fees. You won't be charged a foreign transaction fee when you make purchases overseas or with international retailers. If you use your card to make ATM withdrawals or another cash advance transaction, you'll be charged a fee of 2.5%.
- Coles Mobile Wallet app. You can use this free app to manage your account and monitor your flybuys points balance. The Coles suite of credit cards are also compatible with both Apple Pay and Samsung Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $99 annual fee.
- Interest rates. The interest rate for both purchases and cash advance transaction is 19.99% p.a.
- Up to 55 interest-free days. Take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance (including any balance transfer amount) in full by the statement due date.