Earn 2 flybuys points per $1 spent and pay no international transaction fees with the Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard.
The Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard can help you boost your flybuys balance by earning points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases. Other benefits include free delivery from Coles Online when you spend $100 or more, no international transaction fees and a 24/7 concierge service.
|Product Name||Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||100% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 62 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2.22% or $10 (whichever is greater)|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the cash advance/cash equivalent transaction or $1.95, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$4|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
- Earn 2 flybuys points for every $1 spent.
- Receive up to 62 interest-free days on purchases.
- Request for an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- Take advantage of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 6 months.
- A $20 fee applies for late payment.
- This is a platinum product that does not offer travel insurance.
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||2|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard review
This credit card earns 2 flybuys points per $1 spent on everyday purchases, with no points cap. It also comes with a range of platinum perks, including no international transaction fees, a personal concierge service and merchandise protection insurance. But it is missing some popular platinum extras, such as complimentary travel insurance.
As well as these benefits, the Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard is one of the only credit cards that offers up to 62 interest-free days when you pay your balance in full by the due date on your statement. It also has an annual fee of $99. Use this Coles credit card review to compare the rates, fees and features of the Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard to determine if it's the right card for you.
Benefits of the Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard
Some of the main benefits you'll enjoy with this card include:
- flybuys rewards. The Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard offers an earn rate of 2 flybuys points per $1 spent. You'll also earn your usual flybuys points for shopping with flybuys partners when you scan or enter your membership number. These points can be redeemed for a wide range of rewards including flights, merchandise, cash off your shop at Coles and other flybuys partner stores and frequent flyer points.
- 0% foreign currency conversion fees. Pay 0% on purchases made overseas or online in an international currency.
- Free delivery. You can get free delivery for Coles online orders when you spend $100 or more and use your Coles rewards credit card to pay for it.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can get up to 62 days interest-free on purchases. This gives you a way to avoid interest charges on your credit card spending.
- Additional cards. You can request an additional card for your partner or a family member to share your account and maximise your rewards.
Features of the Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard
Weigh up these features and costs to decide of this Coles rewards credit card is right for you:
- Minimum credit limit. In order to get the Platinum Coles Rewards Mastercard, you need to be approved for a credit limit of $6,000 or more.
- Annual fee. The Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard charges an annual fee of $99.
- Interest rate. This card has a standard variable interest rate of 19.99% p.a. for purchases and cash advances.
- Balance transfer. You can get an introductory 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 6 months. Interest rate reverts to the variable purchase rate after the promotional period ends.
- Security. The card comes uses the Falcon fraud management system to monitor and detect fraud, and also has a zero liability guarantee against fraudulent transactions.
- Mastercard PayPass. Enjoy the convenience of contactless payments that allow you to "tap and go" at the checkout, with no need for a PIN if your transactions under $100.
How to apply for Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard
Applying for the Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard is simple and takes 10-15 minutes online. Just click the "Go to site" button to be taken to a secure application page. Note that the application is the same for both standard and platinum Coles Rewards credit cards and you'll only be issued with the Platinum version if you're approved for a credit limit of $6,000 or more. So before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements of this card.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residential status. You must have the right to work in Australia.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $25,000 p.a.
The information and documents you'll need to provide
You can speed up the application process by having the following details handy:
- Personal information. This includes your full name, marital status and driver's licence number.
- Contact information. You'll need to provide your residential address, email address and a contact number to complete this application.
- Employment details. This includes your job title, employer information and salary.
- Income and expense details. As part of the application, you'll also have to provide details of any other forms of income and assets such as shares and savings. You'll also have to outline your ongoing financial responsibilities, such as existing debts, regular bill payments and grocery spending.
- Your current flybuys number. If you already have a flybuys account, you can link your account upon application.