Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard
Earn 2 flybuys points per $1 spent and pay no international transaction fees with the Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard.
The Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard has a $99 annual fee and offers uncapped rewards, a 24/7 concierge service and an introductory balance transfer offer.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
Per $ spent (Visa/Mastercard)
|Product Name||Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard|
|Balance Transfer Rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate||Cash Advance Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available balance|
|Purchase Rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||55 days|
|Cash Advance Rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$6,000|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
- Earn 2 flybuys points for every $1 spent.
- Receive up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Take advantage of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 6 months.
- This is a platinum product that does not offer travel insurance.
|Rewards Points per $ spent (Visa/Mastercard)||2|
|Late Payment Fee||$30|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% or $1.95, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
Amy is an editor and writer at finder.com.au with more than 10 years experience covering credit cards, personal finance and various lifestyle topics. When she’s not sharing her knowledge on money matters, Amy spends her time as an actress.
How to applyYou can apply for the Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard online and will get a response within 60 seconds of submitting the completed application. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the details you need to complete the application.
- Minimum income. You must earn a minimum of $25,000 per year.
- Minimum credit limit. You must be approved for a credit limit of at least $6,000 to get the Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard. Otherwise, you could consider the Coles Rewards Mastercard instead.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history.
- Personal details. This covers your full name, date of birth, contact number, email address, residential address and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver’s licence or passport.
- Employment details. This includes your salary, job title, length of employment and your employer’s contact details. You may also need to provide supporting documentation, such as recent payslips or your latest financial year income statement.
- Financial details. This includes any government payments or other sources of income, as well as savings and assets. You also need to provide details of existing debts, loans and cards, along with regular household expenses including rent or mortgage payments and bills.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer on this card, you need to provide details including the total amount of debt you want to transfer, your account name and number, as well as the BSB for the institution that currently holds the debt. Note that you cannot balance transfer debt from any accounts issued by Citi.
- flybuys details. You need to provide your existing flybuys membership number so that you can earn points and have your loyalty account details printed on the credit card. If you're not already a member of the flybuys program, you will be automatically enrolled when you apply for the Coles Platinum Rewards Mastercard.
- 0% international transaction fees. Save on fees when you travel overseas or shop online with businesses that are based overseas when you use this card. In comparison, some other cards charge 3% or more.
- flybuys points. Earn 2 flybuys points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made with this card. Eligible purchases cover most everyday transactions including grocery shopping, petrol, dining out and travel bookings. Transactions that don’t earn points include balance transfers, cash advances and BPAY payments.
- flybuys membership details. This card comes with your flybuys membership barcode printed on the back, which means you can scan it to earn points when you shop with flybuys partners. You can redeem your points for rewards including cash off your shop at Coles Supermarkets, retail items and Velocity Frequent Flyer Points.
- 0% balance transfer offer. Get 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 6 months (reverts to 19.99% p.a.) when you apply for this card and get approved by 31 December 2019. You can request a balance transfer from any existing store cards, credit cards, personal loans or other credit accounts that are not issued by Citi. Note that interest-free days will not apply to purchases while you have a balance transfer debt.
- Complimentary insurance. Get peace of mind with purchase protection insurance, extended warranty cover and transit accident insurance for eligible purchases made with this card.
- Concierge service. Similar to a personal assistant, this 24/7 service can help you save time on tasks such as planning holidays, getting tickets to events, sourcing hard-to-find gifts or even getting information on local gyms and golf clubs.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Coles Rewards Mastercard's $99 annual fee is charged on the date of your card’s activation and then on the anniversary of this date for subsequent years.
- Purchase rate. This card’s 19.99% p.a. purchase interest rate is similar to the rates on other rewards cards.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the total account balance by the due date on your statement, you can take advantage of up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. Note that you won’t be eligible for interest-free days when you carry a balance transfer debt on this account.
- Cash advances. Any cash advances or cash-equivalent transactions will accrue interest at the cash advance rate of 19.99% p.a. You will also have to pay one of the following cash advance fees: $1.95 (if <$65.00) or 3% (if >$65.00) in Australia or $5 for overseas cash advances.
- Coles Mobile Wallet App. This free app for Android and iPhone allows you to manage your account and flybuys points 24/7.
- Security. This card offers 24/7 account monitoring and a zero liability policy for fraudulent transactions.