Collect flybuys points as you spend and enjoy premium extras with the Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard.
The Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard offers value through competitive rates, fees and rewards. It offers the same valuable features as the Coles Low Rate Mastercard, but with increased spending power thanks to a higher credit limit. This card offers an ongoing variable interest rate of 12.99% p.a. on purchases and an annual fee of $58. It also earns 0.5 flybuys points per $1 spent at Coles Supermarkets and gives you access to a 24/7 platinum concierge service and merchandise protection insurance.
|Product Name||Coles Platinum Low Rate Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$58 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|2.5% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$58 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||100% (if <$30) or varies (if >$30)|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||$1.95 (if <$65.00) or 3% (if >$65.00)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$10|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- This card comes with a 0% p.a. for 6 months balance transfer offer.
- You can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- flybuys points are only earned at Coles Supermarkets.
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard review
This platinum version of the Coles Low Rate Mastercard comes with the added benefits of a higher credit limit, a worldwide concierge service, complimentary insurance against loss, theft or damage of eligible purchases and exclusive offers through the Mastercard Priceless Cities program. It also includes your flybuys membership barcode on the back of the card and offers flybuys points for spending at Coles.
With an annual fee of $58, the Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard is also one of the most affordable platinum options on the market (although it has fewer benefits than some other options). It also offers a 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for the first 6 months and up to 55 days interest-free if you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
Benefits of the Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers. If you have existing card debt you want to move to the Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard when you apply, you could save on interest with a 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for the first 6 months. After the introductory period, interest accrues at the cash advance rate (currently 19.99% p.a.) on any remaining balance.
- Low purchase rate. This card has an ongoing purchase rate of 12.99% p.a. (variable).
- Earn flybuys points. Pay for your Coles shopping with this card and you can earn 0.5 flybuys points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. Points are awarded in whole numbers and rounded down.
- Contactless payments. Save time at the checkout when you “tap-and-go” for payments under $100 using the Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard.
Features of the Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard
- Annual fee. The Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard has an annual fee of $58.
- Credit limit. The maximum credit limit you're approved for will be based on your credit history and annual income, but the Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard has a minimum credit limit of $6,000.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card to withdraw cash or for any other cash advance transactions, an interest rate of 19.99% p.a. will apply from the day of the transaction.
- Cash advance fee. A fee worth $1.95 (if <$65.00) or 3% (if >$65.00) applies for cash advances made on this card.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. 2.5% of the transaction amount on purchases and cash withdrawals.
- Security features. This card comes with 24/7 fraud monitoring, chip technology and a 24/7 worldwide security service for lost or stolen cards. The Mastercard Zero Liability policy also protects your account against loss from fraudulent charges.
- Coles Mobile Wallet App. This free app for Android and iPhone allows you to manage your account and flybuys points 24/7.
How to apply for the Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard
You can apply for the Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard online in 10-15 minutes and will get a response within 60 seconds. To speed up the application process, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the required details on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must earn at least $25,000 a year.
Required details and documents
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact phone number.
- Identification. You’ll be required to provide details of your driver’s licence, passport or Medicare card to help verify your identity.
- Employment. Provide details of your employer, current role, salary and the time you’ve been employed. You may also have to share information about previous employment, or provide details of your accountant if you’re self-employed.
- Financial information. This includes your existing loans, card balances or other debts as well as assets such as savings, shares or investments. You’ll also have to share details of regular expenses such as your grocery spending, electricity and phone bills to provide an accurate picture of your financial situation.
- flybuys details. If you’re part of the flybuys rewards program, include your membership details so they can be added to your credit card.
The Coles Low Rate Platinum Mastercard offers a competitive ongoing variable purchase rate and an annual fee of $58 and comes with a selection of additional features, including flybuys rewards. But as there are many other platinum and low rate cards on the market, make sure you compare your options so you can apply for a card that suits your needs.Back to top