With the Coles Low Rate Mastercard, you can enjoy a low ongoing rate of 12.99% p.a. on purchases with a low annual fee.
The Coles Low Rate Mastercard offers 12.99% p.a. on purchases and comes linked to the flybuys loyalty program. This allows cardholders to earn points when they spend at Coles Supermarkets and receive free delivery when they shop at Coles Online (if you spend more than $100).
|Product Name||Coles Low Rate Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$58 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|2.5% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$58 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||100% (if <$30) or varies (if >$30)|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||$1.95 (if <$65.00) or 3% (if >$65.00)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$10|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- Earn 0.5 flybuys points per $1 spent at Coles Supermarkets.
- Receive up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- An international transaction fee of 2.5% applies to all overseas retail purchases and cash advances.
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of Coles Low Rate Mastercard
- Low ongoing purchase rate. Receive a competitive ongoing purchase rate of 12.99% p.a. on the Coles Low Rate Mastercard.
- Balance transfer offer. Consolidate your debt with a 0% p.a. for 6 months on balances transferred. Balance transfers revert to the cash advance rate (currently 19.99% p.a.) after the introductory period.
- flybuys. This card comes with free membership to the flybuys loyalty program. You can earn flybuys points on this card and, when you use it to shop at Coles Supermarkets, you can earn 0.5 points for every $1 spent. Points are awarded in whole numbers and are rounded down. When it comes to redeeming accumulated points, you can receive $10 off a Coles Supermarket purchase for every 2,000 points. If you earn or redeem points at least once every 12 months, your flybuys points do not expire. Scan your flybuys membership card at the same time and you'll get an extra 1 point per $1 spent.
- Free delivery. When you use this card to pay for purchases at Coles Online, you can look forward to free delivery as long as the total exceeds $100.
- Coles Mobile Wallet App. This free app for Android and iPhone allows you to manage your account and flybuys points 24/7.
Features of the Coles Low Rate Mastercard
- Annual fee. This low rate Mastercard attracts a nominal annual fee of $58.
- Interest-free days. If you continue paying your account’s closing balance in full each month, you can make use of as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Foreign currency conversion fees. 2.5% of the transaction amounts for purchases and cash withdrawals.
- Card security. Mastercard Zero Liability Guarantee provides protection against unauthorised and fraudulent transactions.
How to apply for the Coles Low Rate Mastercard
Applying for the Coles Low Rate Mastercard is easy and submitting an online application takes 10-15 minutes and you will usually receive a response within 60 seconds.
To apply for this card, complete and submit the secure online application form. However, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria first:
- You’re a permanent Australian resident.
- You’re over 18 years of age.
- You have a good credit history.
- You earn more than $25,000 per year.
Completing the application requires you to provide the following personal information:
- Personal details like your complete name, date of birth, marital status, and number of dependents
- Contact details like your residential address, phone number, and email address
- Your employer’s name, address, and phone number
- Personal identification eg. Australian driver's license.
- Your current flybuys number (if you have one)
- Details about your existing financial situation (student benefits including Austudy and Youth Allowance do not qualify as income).
This Low Rate Mastercard offers cardholders a number of benefits and useful features. As it is not the only low rate card on the market, it’s good to compare the card with others before deciding.Back to top