Coles Low Rate Mastercard
Save with $100 off a Coles Supermarket shop and 0% on balance transfers for the first 6 months.
The Coles Low Rate Mastercard has a 12.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases and earns 1 Flybuys point per $2 spent at Coles Supermarket, in addition to the points you earn when you scan your Flybuys membership barcode.
When you apply by 31 January 2021, you can get $100 off a Coles Supermarket shop when you make an eligible purchase in the first 30 days. Plus, an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 6 months (with no balance transfer fee).
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months with no balance transfer fee
Per $ spent
|Product Name||Coles Low Rate Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||12.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$2,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- $100 off a Coles Supermarket shop
- Balance transfer rate of 0% p.a for 6 months, with no BT fee
- Low ongoing 12.99% p.a. purchase rate and up to 55 days interest-free
- Flybuys points are only earned at Coles Supermarkets
- An international transaction fee of 2.5% applies
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.5|
|Rewards points cap||Uncapped|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $1.95, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to applyYou can apply for the Coles Low Rate Mastercard online and you will get a response within 60 seconds of submitting the completed application form. Get started by making sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $25,000 per year.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you are planning to transfer a balance to this card, you can transfer up to 80% of your available credit limit from Australian accounts not issued by Citigroup.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Credit rating. You must have a good credit rating.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number, residential address, marital status and number of dependents. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment details. This covers your salary, job title, length of employment and your employer’s contact details. You may also need to provide supporting documentation, such as recent payslips, to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income and assets, such as pensions, government payments or savings. You also need to provide details of existing debts, loans, cards and regular household expenses, including utility bills, petrol and groceries.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer on this card, you need to provide details including the amount of debt you want to transfer, the financial institution’s BSB, the account name and the account number.
- Flybuys membership number. You need to provide your Flybuys membership number when you apply so that your membership barcode can be printed on the back of the credit card – and so you can earn points per $1 spent when you use the credit card to shop at Coles. If you’re not already a Flybuys member, you can sign up for free through the website.
- $100 off a Coles Supermarket shop. You'll get $100 added to your Flybuys account when you apply by 31 January 2021 and use your new Coles Low Rate Mastercard to make an eligible retail purchase in the first 30 days from when the card's approved. The $100 will be added within 4 weeks of meeting the spend requirement and you'll have 90 days to use it on a single shop of $100 or more.
- Points for shopping at Coles. This card offers you Flybuys points when you use it to shop at Coles Supermarkets, earning the equivalent to 0.5 points for every $1 spent. Note that points are awarded in whole numbers and are rounded down.
- Balance transfer offer. Consolidate your debt with 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for the first 6 months when you apply by 31 January 2021. Any balance remaining at the end of the introductory period will accrue interest at the variable cash advance rate, currently 19.99% p.a. Note that you won't be eligible for interest-free days when you have a balance transfer.
- Low interest rate. The Coles Low Rate Mastercard charges a low 12.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases.
- Flybuys benefits. The Coles Low Rate Mastercard also doubles as your Flybuys membership card, so you don't have to carry two separate cards. Instead, you can scan the Flybuys membership barcode that's printed on the back of your credit card to earn points directly through the program. Rewards include $10 off your Coles supermarket shop when you redeem 2,000 points, travel bookings and a variety of other rewards available on the Flybuys website. If you earn or redeem points at least once every 12 months, your Flybuys points do not expire.
- Coles Mobile Wallet App. This free app for Android and iPhone allows you to manage your account and Flybuys points 24/7. All Coles credit cards are also compatible with Apple Pay and Samsung Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This low rate Mastercard charges an annual fee of $58.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account’s closing balance in full each month, you can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. Interest-free days are not offered for cash advance transactions and are not available when you have a balance transfer on your account.
- Cash advance rate. This card charges an interest rate of 19.99% p.a. for cash advances and is charged from the day you make the transaction.
- Cash advance fee. If you use this card to withdraw cash or make any other cash advance transactions in Australia, you will be charged 3% of the transaction amount or $1.95 (whichever is greater). Overseas, a cash advance fee of $5 applies.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. A fee of 2.5% is charged for transactions you make overseas or online in a foreign currency.