Citi Rewards Card – flybuys Offer
No longer offered in the market
The Citi Rewards credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
How to applyYou can apply for this offer online in around 15 minutes and you should receive a response in 60 seconds. Before you start the application, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information on hand.
- Minimum income. You'll need to have an annual income of at least $35,000.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. This card is only available to people with a good credit score and a history free of defaults and bankruptcy. You can get a free copy of your comprehensive credit report and score through Finder.
- Balance transfer debt. Balances can be transferred up to 80% of your credit limit from Australian store cards, personal loans and credit cards not issued by Citibank.
- Minimum age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Personal information. Personal details such as your full name and contact details including your email address, home address and phone number.
- Employment. Information about your job including your role and employer's contact details. You may also need to submit a letter from your employer declaring your income.
- Financial details. You'll be asked to provide information about your income, liabilities and expenses.
- Balance transfer information. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer, you'll need to provide the details of those accounts.
- flybuys membership number. Within 8 weeks of meeting the spend requirement, Citi will email you asking for your flybuys number. Points will be credited to that account within 6 weeks.
- Bonus flybuys points. You can boost your rewards with 70,000 bonus flybuys points when you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days from approval. To give you an idea of your rewards potential, you could exchange 70,000 points for $350 worth of flybuys Dollars.
- Earn Citi reward Points. Outside of the bonus points promotion, you'll earn 1 Citi reward Point per $1 spent both in Australia and overseas. Points are capped at $10,000 spend per statement period on domestic transactions, but are uncapped on international spend. You can exchange 1.33 Citi reward Points for 1 flybuys point.
- Reduced first year annual fee. Save with a $49 first year annual fee ($149 p.a. thereafter).
- Complimentary international travel insurance. You can travel with peace of mind and save on necessary costs with complimentary international travel insurance. If you use your card to purchase your overseas travel ticket, you'll be covered for up to 6 months for medical, unexpected expenses, trip cancellation, and personal loss/liability. This insurance also covers your spouse or any dependent children travelling with you. See the terms and conditions for more details regarding the eligibility requirements, exclusions and claims process.
- 0% balance transfer offer. New Citi customers can repay existing debt and save on interest with 0% on balance transfers for the first 12 months. You won't be charged a balance transfer fee and any remaining debt will attract the cash advance interest rate (currently 22.24% p.a.) at the end of the introductory period.
- 24/7 personal concierge service. Whether you need help booking your family holiday, making a last minute restaurant reservation or organising a gift for a loved one, you can contact your personal concierge service for assistance 24/7 and from anywhere around the world.
- Citibank Dining Program. You'll receive a free bottle of wine every time you dine and pay with your Citi card at one of the hundreds of partner restaurants across the country.
- Mobile payment compatibility. Link your Citi account with Samsung Pay and Apple Pay to tap and pay with your eligible smart device at contactless terminals.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a $149 annual fee.
- Purchase interest. If you do not pay your balance in full each statement period, your purchases will collect interest at the 21.49% p.a. interest rate. If you do pay your balance in full, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days. Interest-free days don't apply if you're paying off a debt from a balance transfer.
- Foreign transaction fee. When you make a purchase overseas or online with an international retailer, you will be charged a fee of 3.4% of the transaction amount.
- Cash advance interest rate. If you use your card to make a cash advance (such as an ATM withdrawal), you'll immediately attract the 22.24% p.a. interest rate.
- Cash advance fee. As well as the interest rate, you'll be charged 3.5% of transaction amount or $3.50 (whichever is higher) when you get a cash advance in Australia. A $5 fee applies to overseas cash advances.