The Border Bank Visa Credit Card is a low cost product that offers a low 10.76% purchase rate, up to 55 days interest-free and a low annual fee, which is waived for the first year. Being a Visa credit card, it also has a range of benefits offered by Visa which makes your card safer to use and means it's accepted all over the world.
Border Bank Visa Credit Card
- Purchase rate
- 10.76% p.a.
- Annual fee for the first year ($30 p.a. thereafter)
- $0 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
As a Visa credit card, you can get access to exclusive deals on your shopping through Visa Offers + Perks. You can also make contactless payments with the card or with a mobile device that's set up with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
$0 first-year annual fee
Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
Compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay
Not linked to any rewards program, meaning you won't earn rewards points for spending
|Product Name||Border Bank Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate p.a.||10.76%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||10.76%|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Annual fee||$0 first year ($30 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2.5% of the closing balance or $5, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$10|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3.8%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$3.80|
How to apply
You can apply for the Border Bank Visa credit card online. Before you apply, make sure to check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the PDF application.
- Age. This card is only available to people who are at least 18 years old.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score and history.
- Residency. You can apply if you're a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- Income. You must earn a regular income and be able to make repayments.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address and contact details.
- Finances. Confirm your annual gross income, regular expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Employment. List your occupation, employer's name, address and contact details.
- $0 first-year annual fee. The annual fee is waived in the first year. This reverts to $30 p.a. after that.
- Additional card. You can request an additional card at no extra cost.
- Mobile wallets. Link your account to Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay and use your eligible smartphone or wearable device to tap and pay for purchases up to $100.
- Visa perks. You can use your card at millions of locations wherever Visa is accepted. You'll also access exclusive travel and entertainment discounts and deals through Visa Offers and Perks.
Rates & fees
- Interest rate. Your purchase and cash advance transactions will attract a 10.76% interest rate.
- Interest-free days. You can access up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the statement due date.
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, you'll pay a $30 annual fee.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you use your card to make a foreign transaction when shopping online or overseas, you'll be charged a 3% currency conversion fee.