Cut costs with a balance transfer promotion of 0% p.a. for 6 months and interest-free days when you apply for the BOQ Blue Visa Card.
Manage all of your debt in one account with the Bank of Queensland (BOQ) Blue Visa Card. With this credit card, you can transfer your other credit card balances and pay them down fast with 0% p.a. for 6 months.
For those who want more power to buy on credit, there is also the BOQ Platinum Card. You can get the same balance transfer order for up to 14 months, plus an extended credit limit to meet your spending needs. With the Blue Visa Card, you also get twice as many reward points per dollar spent.
|Product Name||BOQ Blue Visa Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||Q Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||31 March 2018|
|Annual fee||$60 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$60 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||3.5% of the cash advance amount or $3.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the cash advance amount or minimum of $4|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$15|
- Enjoy a promotional balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 6 months.
- Earn Q Rewards point per dollar spent on eligible transactions.
- Get up to 44 interest-free days on purchases.
- At the end of the balance transfer period, any unpaid balances will be charged at the cash advance rate of interest.
|Rewards Program||Q Rewards|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||N/A|
BOQ Blue Visa Credit Card review
You can use up to 80% of your credit limit to transfer balances from your higher rate interest card. There will be no interest charged on these transfers for up to 6 months if you apply before 31 March 2018.
Consider the standard $60 annual fee plus extra charges for additional cards.
Benefits of the BOQ Blue Visa Credit Card
- Balance transfer offer. If you apply before the 31 March 2018, you can transfer up to 80% of your credit limit to this card and pay no interest for up to 6 months. That affords you extra time to pay off your debts without accruing more interest charges. The promotional rate will revert to the standard cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. for 6 months after the balance transfer is processed. Any balances that are left over will then be subject to that interest rate.
- Annual fee. This credit card attracts an annual fee of $60.
- Purchase protection. When you use your BOQ Blue Visa Card to shop, you are not only getting the benefit of interest for up to months, you also get protection for your purchases. The Bank of Queensland offers complimentary insurance coverage for all of your shopping needs.
- Purchase cover insurance. For an annual amount of up to $50,000, the items you buy with your BOQ Visa Blue Card are protected from theft, loss, and damage. For up to three months after you make a purchase, most of your personal items will be covered.
- Guaranteed pricing scheme. If you make a purchase and then find the same item has gone on sale, you can receive the price difference for up to $500. Remember to check out the restrictions that applies to this offer.
- Q Rewards program. There is no charge associated with the Q Rewards program that comes with your BOQ Blue Visa Card. Conserve your points and save money on flights and other items offered as part of the Q Rewards program. You earn 1 reward point for every dollar you spend on your Blue credit card. Those points never expire so long as the account is open and in good standing. Let them add up until you have enough to take off to that dream vacation destination. Note that balance transfers and cash advances do not count towards rewards points. You can redeem Q reward points for vouchers, gift certificates, and merchandise, in addition to flight discounts. Enrollment into the program is automatic and you can check your rewards points progress online.
Features of the BOQ Blue Visa Credit Card
If you are considering the Blue Visa Card to fulfill your credit needs, there are even more features to think about:
- Annual fee. Your account will be charged $60 for as long as it remains open.
- Interest rate. The interest rate for purchases will be for months if you are approved for the card before 31 March 2018. Afterwards, purchases will be charged 20.74% p.a.
- Cash advances. You will have the ability to withdraw $1,000 daily using your credit card. These transactions will be charged a separate interest rate of 21.74% p.a. and are not eligible for the introductory offer or interest-free days. Cash advances made within Australia will accrue a charge of $3.40 if under $100. For amounts over $100, you will be charged 3.4% of the transaction amount. For cash advances made outside of Australia, you will be charged 2% of the cash advance amount or minimum of $4.
- Interest-free days. Benefit with up to 44 interest-free days on your purchases. Be mindful that you need to pay your balance in full every statement period.
- Balance transfers. Use up to 80% of your credit limit to transfer balances from other credit cards. These balances will not accrue any interest if you are approved before the special offers ends in 0% p.a. months. After that period, any left-over balances will be subjected to the 21.74% p.a. cash advance rate.
- International transactions. For any transaction made that requires conversion to the Australian Dollar, you will be charged 3.4% of the Australian currency amount.
- Late repayments. A $10 fee will be charged if repayment is not received by the due date and $10 every seven days after until you have made your required repayment.
- Credit limit. The limit on the amount of credit offered with this card is $10,000.
- Rewards. You are automatically enrolled in the Q Rewards program at no charge and can start accumulating 1 reward point for every dollar you spend with your card.
- Additional cardholders. This card is eligible for additional cardholders with $15 annual fee applicable per cardholder.
How to apply for the BOQ Blue Visa Credit Card
You can apply for the BOQ Blue Visa Card by completing the secure online application. Before beginning, make sure that you are able to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Your annual income must meet or exceed $25,000 p.a.
- Only permanent residents or citizens of Australia are eligible for this card.
- Your full name and contact information will be required.
- Be prepared to disclose the full details of your employment, including contact information for verification.
- Your annual salary before taxes in addition to any other steady income.
- A detailed listing of your monthly expenses. Include your housing payments and groceries.
- Any other financial responsibilities you may have including loan and credit card repayments. Make sure you know the balances on these accounts and your available credit.
While there are many financial advantages to the BOQ Blue Visa Card, it's best to still compare its features to other credit card offers. If you don't have other debts to transfer, a different program, such as one with extensive rewards, may serve you better.Back to top