Enjoy 75,000 bonus points and a range of complimentary extras with the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard.
This premium Mastercard offers complimentary enrolment in the Bendigo Bank Rewards program, earning 1.5 Bendigo Rewards points per $1 spent, with no points cap. When you apply by 31 July 2018 and spend $2,500 on eligible purchases within 90 days from account opening you will earn 75,000 bonus Bendigo Rewards points. In addition to these benefits, it offers complimentary international travel insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty covers.
|Product Name||Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard|
|Rewards Program||Bendigo Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||31 July 2018|
|Annual fee||$89 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$89 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||$10 or 3%, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||$3.25 or 0.5% of the transaction amount|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$3.25 or 0.5% of the transaction amount|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
- Recieve 75,000 bonus Bendigo Rewards points when you apply by 31 July 2018 and spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 90 days from card opening.
- Earn up to 1.5 reward points per $1 spent on purchases.
- Get a complimentary membership to Bendigo Bank rewards program.
- Request for an additional cardholder at no extra charge.
- This card comes with a 24/7 fraud monitoring service.
- This credit card does not feature any introductory rate on purchases and balance transfers.
|Rewards Program||Bendigo Rewards|
|Bonus Points||75,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard
Some of the perks you can enjoy with this Bendigo Bank credit card include:
- 75,000 bonus Bendigo Rewards points. New customers are eligible for the 75,000 bonus points offer if they apply, are approved by 31 July 2018 and spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 90 days from account opening.
- Points on purchases. This credit card offers a competitive 1.5 points per $1 spent on purchases (uncapped). Note that there are some transactions that won't earn points, including cash advances, credit card fees and charges, foreign exchange purchases and bills paid through BPAY.
- Interest-free days. The Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. Bendigo Bank calculates interest from the statement date instead of the purchase date. This means you can enjoy an interest-free period on purchases even if you don't pay off your balance in full.
- Complimentary international travel insurance. Pay for your return overseas tickets with your Bendigo Platinum and get international travel insurance for up to 180 days. This insurance also covers your eligible spouse and/or children who are travelling with you if their tickets were also bought on your card.
- Purchase insurances. This card offers purchase protection insurance that covers eligible purchases against loss, theft or accidental damage for up to 90 days and extended warranty cover for eligible items bought in Australia. It also offers a "Best Price Guarantee" that will refund you the difference in cost when you buy an eligible item then find it elsewhere at a lower price. Terms and conditions apply for these insurances, so make sure you refer to the insurance policy available on the Bendigo Bank website for full details.
- Card security. This card comes with 24/7 fraud monitoring and zero liability for unauthorised transactions.
Features of the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard
Here are the key features to consider when you're comparing the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards:
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $89.
- Additional cardholder. You can request to have a spouse or eligible family member added to the account as a supplementary cardholder at no extra cost. This can help you boost your reward points on new purchases. Note that you will still be responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
- Interest rate. This card has standard variable interest rate of 19.99% p.a. for purchases and balance transfers. If you use it to get cash out or for any other cash advance transactions, an interest rate of 21.99% p.a. will apply.
- Cash advances. If you use this card for a cash advance, you'll be charged a fee worth $3.25 or 0.5% of the transaction amount. Cash advance transactions are also not eligible for interest-free days, so you'll be charged interest from the time the transaction is made.
- Minimum credit limit. As a platinum product, credit limits on this card start from $3,000.
- International transaction fee. The Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard charges a fee of 3% for all transactions made in a foreign currency.
How to apply for the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard
If you've compared your options and want to apply for the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard, you can do so online in around 15 minutes. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant details and supporting documentation ready.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. You must not be bankrupt or insolvent.
- Individual applications. Only individuals, not companies, are eligible to apply for this card.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and relationship status.
- Identification. You'll also be required to provide proof of your identity, such as your driver's license, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment information. Such as your position, time at your current job and your employer's contact details.
- Financial details. Including your income, as well as any assets you have such as savings or shares. You'll also have to provide details of any existing debts, such as mortgages or card balances, as well as regular expenses such as rent or groceries.
The Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard offers rewards for your spending and includes complimentary insurance covers. However, although the annual fee of $89 and standard interest rate of 19.99% p.a. are competitive, it is still important to consider whether the benefits will outweigh the costs. As there are many other reward credit cards and balance transfer offers available, make sure you compare your options so that you can find a card that suits your circumstances and needs.Back to top