This platinum credit card offers 1.5 Bendigo Bank Rewards points per $1 spent, which you can redeem for gift cards, retail items, cash back and a range of other rewards. It also offers complimentary international travel insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty covers.
Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- Balance transfer rate with no balance transfer fee
- 21.99% p.a.
- Purchase rate
- 19.99% p.a.
- Reward points per $ spent
- Annual fee
- $89 p.a.
1.5 reward points per $1 spent on purchases
Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rewards cannot be exchanged for frequent flyer points
Does not currently offer bonus points upon sign-up
|Product Name||Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||21.99%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||19.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.99%|
|Min credit limit||$3,000|
|Max credit limit||$50,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Bendigo Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.5|
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||0.5% or $3.25, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||0.5% or $3.25, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
How to apply
If you've compared your options and want to apply for the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card, you can fill in a secure online application form. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant details and supporting documentation ready.
- Residency. Permanent Australian residents and Australian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and relationship status. You also need to provide proof of your identity, such as your driver's license, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment. This covers your salary, job title, time at your current job and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips, tax assessment notices or bank statements to verify these details.
- Finances. This includes any other forms of income, such as government payments or pensions, as well as your savings and other assets. You also need to share details of your existing debts, credit cards, loans, other liabilities and ongoing household expenses.
- Points on purchases. This credit card offers a competitive 1.5 points per $1 spent on purchases (uncapped). Note that there are some transactions that won't earn points, including cash advances, credit card fees and charges, foreign exchange purchases and bills paid through BPAY.
- Interest-free days. The Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. Bendigo Bank calculates interest from the statement date instead of the purchase date. This means you can enjoy an interest-free period on purchases even if you don't pay off your balance in full.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. Pay for your return overseas tickets with your Bendigo Platinum and get international travel insurance for up to 90 days. This insurance also covers your eligible spouse and/or children who are travelling with you if their tickets were also bought on your card.This card also offers transit accident insurance, global car hire excess waiver cover and domestic flight inconvenience insurance when you use it to pay for eligible trips.
- Purchase insurances. This card offers purchase protection insurance that covers eligible purchases against loss, theft or accidental damage for up to 90 days and extended warranty cover for eligible items bought in Australia. It also offers a "Best Price Guarantee" that will refund you the difference in cost when you buy an eligible item then find it elsewhere at a lower price. Terms and conditions apply for these insurances, so make sure you refer to the insurance policy available on the Bendigo Bank website for full details.
- Card security. This card comes with 24/7 fraud monitoring and zero liability for unauthorised transactions.
- Mobile payment technology. You can use your eligible smartphone or device to tap and pay when you link your account with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay. You can also use your fitness tracker to make contactless payments with Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
Rates & fees
- Purchase rate. This card charges a variable interest rate of 19.99% p.a. on purchases.
- Annual fee. As this card charges a standard annual fee of $89 p.a., make sure you weigh up the potential value you'll get from rewards and perks to decide if it's worth it.
- Additional cardholder. If you want to share your account with a family member, you can request an additional cardholder with a $0 additional cardholder annual fee. Note that you will still be responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
- Cash advance rate. If you use it to get cash out or for any other cash advance transactions, an interest rate of 21.99% p.a. will apply. You'll be charged a fee worth $3.25 or 0.5% of the transaction amount if you use this card for a cash advance. Cash advance transactions are also not eligible for interest-free days, so you'll be charged interest from the time the transaction is made.
- Minimum credit limit. Credit limits on this platinum card start from $3,000. Note that the credit limit you're assigned is subject to lending criteria and approval.
- International transaction fee. The Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card charges a fee of 3% for all transactions made in a foreign currency.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
November 02, 2023
I am trying to redeem my points accrued on my platinum credit card but cannot find a link in e banking to access my points balance. I have clicked on cards but there is no link there
Amy Bradney-George Finder
November 03, 2023
You can manage your Bendigo Bank Rewards account and review your points balance by visiting the website (rewards.bendigobank.com.au). If you have further questions about rewards, you can also contact Bendigo Bank by calling 1300 650 285. I hope this helps.
March 06, 2019
With regard to Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard, can you confirm that I can convert points to Krisflyer miles? And if so, can you tell me what the conversion rate is to Krisflyer miles please?
March 08, 2019
Thank you for getting in touch with Finder.
Currently, you can not convert this Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard’s rewards points to Krisflyer miles. You may instead refer to our list of credit cards with Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Miles.
I hope this helps.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Show more Show less
November 14, 2018
I am going to Vietnam and Cambodia in April, I am 72 yrs old, I have paid the whole trip with my credit card, will qualify for the Travel insurance ? Thank you.
John Basanes Finder
November 16, 2018
Thank you for leaving a question.
Yes, you qualify for the complimentary travel insurance since you paid for your return overseas tickets with your Bendigo Platinum and get international travel insurance for up to 180 days. Hope this helps!
Show more Show less
July 04, 2018
Hi. I am travelling to Sri Lanka for 2 weeks in October and have charged my total trip including return airfare to my Bendigo Platinum Rewards Credit Card. Am I covered and do I get any evidence of insurance cover provided i.e. a Policy number or acknowledgement? Thanks
July 05, 2018
Thanks for contacting finder.
The Bendigo Platinum Rewards credit card automatically gives you complimentary international travel insurance for up to 180 days within a 12 month period. There is no need for any travel insurance document or policy number.
You travel cover is effective for a trip that doesn’t exceed 90 days, from the day you leave your home to the day your trip ends. To be clear, you will no be eligible for cover if your trip goes beyond 90 days. This insurance also covers your eligible spouse and/or children who are travelling with you if their tickets were also bought on your card.
Hope this clarifies!
Show more Show less
May 24, 2017
Does Bendigo bank have a credit card with either a Qantas or Virgin Frequent flyer rewards program?
Harold Jacob Finder
May 24, 2017
Thank you for your inquiry.
Unfortunately, none, but you can always check the list of credit card/s with Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards programs. Please check the page, use our comparison table to get an overview of what each card offers, and select the “Go to site” button to learn more.
I recommend that you check the details of the credit card you’re interested in, its eligibility criteria as well as the Product Disclosure Statements/Terms and Conditions before you apply.
Also if you can, contact first the issuing bank and discuss your options and chances of approval before you send anything final for your application. Just apply for one credit card at a time and ensure your eligibility before submitting your final application. This way you can avoid credit enquiries on your file.
I hope this information has helped.
Show more Show less