Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard
Collect Bendigo Rewards points and enjoy a range of complimentary extras with the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard.
This platinum credit card offers 1.5 Bendigo Bank Rewards points per $1 spent, which you can redeem for gift cards, retail items, cash back and a range of other rewards. It also offers complimentary international travel insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty covers.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
Per $ spent
|Product Name||Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard|
|Rewards program||Bendigo Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Purchase Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$3,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- 1.5 reward points per $1 spent on purchases
- Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
- Balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 6 months
- Rewards cannot be exchanged for frequent flyer points
- Does not currently offer bonus points upon sign-up
|Rewards program||Bendigo Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.5|
|Minimum monthly repayment||10% of the closing balance or $3, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||0.5% or $3.25, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||0.5% or $3.25, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for Finder X and a senior writer for credit cards and Finder Green. She has more than 13 years' experience as a journalist and writer, with bylines in publications including The Equity Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and produce industry website FreshPlaza. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not putting (virtual) pen to paper, she spends her time as an actress.
How to apply
If you've compared your options and want to apply for the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard, you can fill in a secure online application form. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant details and supporting documentation ready.
- Residency. Permanent Australian residents and Australian citizens are eligible to apply. Temporary residents are eligible to apply as long as you have a 188, 457 or 489 visa, have applied for permanent residency and have at least 12 months remaining on the visa.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you're looking to transfer a balance to this card, Bendigo Bank allows you to transfer from accounts not serviced by Bendigo.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and relationship status. You also need to provide proof of your identity, such as your driver's license, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment. This covers your salary, job title, time at your current job and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips, tax assessment notices or bank statements to verify these details.
- Finances. This includes any other forms of income, such as government payments or pensions, as well as your savings and other assets. You also need to share details of your existing debts, credit cards, loans, other liabilities and ongoing household expenses.
- Balance transfer details. If you're conducting a balance transfer, you'll need to confirm how much you're transferring and details of your old account.
- Points on purchases. This credit card offers a competitive 1.5 points per $1 spent on purchases (uncapped). Note that there are some transactions that won't earn points, including cash advances, credit card fees and charges, foreign exchange purchases and bills paid through BPAY.
- Interest-free days. The Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. Bendigo Bank calculates interest from the statement date instead of the purchase date. This means you can enjoy an interest-free period on purchases even if you don't pay off your balance in full.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. Pay for your return overseas tickets with your Bendigo Platinum and get international travel insurance for up to 180 days. This insurance also covers your eligible spouse and/or children who are travelling with you if their tickets were also bought on your card.This card also offers transit accident insurance, global car hire excess waiver cover and domestic flight inconvenience insurance when you use it to pay for eligible trips.
- Purchase insurances. This card offers purchase protection insurance that covers eligible purchases against loss, theft or accidental damage for up to 90 days and extended warranty cover for eligible items bought in Australia. It also offers a "Best Price Guarantee" that will refund you the difference in cost when you buy an eligible item then find it elsewhere at a lower price. Terms and conditions apply for these insurances, so make sure you refer to the insurance policy available on the Bendigo Bank website for full details.
- Card security. This card comes with 24/7 fraud monitoring and zero liability for unauthorised transactions.
- Mobile payment technology. You can use your eligible smartphone or device to tap and pay when you link your account with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay. You can also use your fitness tracker to make contactless payments with Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
Rates & fees
- Purchase rate. This card charges a variable interest rate of 19.99% p.a. on purchases.
- Additional cardholder. If you want to share your account with a family member, you can request an additional cardholder with a $0 additional cardholder annual fee. Note that you will still be responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
- Annual fee. As this card charges a standard annual fee of $89 p.a., make sure you weigh up the potential value you'll get from rewards and perks to decide if it's worth it.
- Cash advance rate. If you use it to get cash out or for any other cash advance transactions, an interest rate of 21.99% p.a. will apply. You'll be charged a fee worth $3.25 or 0.5% of the transaction amount if you use this card for a cash advance. Cash advance transactions are also not eligible for interest-free days, so you'll be charged interest from the time the transaction is made.
- Balance transfer rate. If you want to move existing debts to the Bendigo Platinum Rewards Mastercard, you can enjoy a balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 6 months. At the end of the 6-month period, an interest rate of 19.99% will apply.
- Minimum credit limit. Credit limits on this platinum card start from $3,000. Note that the credit limit you're assigned is subject to lending criteria and approval.
- International transaction fee. The Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard charges a fee of 3% for all transactions made in a foreign currency.