Enjoy a $0 p.a. annual fee for life and up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
The Bankwest Zero Mastercard offers a number of features and benefits that can help keep your credit card costs low. As well as a $0 p.a. annual fee, the card also offers a competitive balance transfer rate to help repay your existing debts faster and cheaper. You can also avoid paying interest on purchases with up to 55 interest-free days. This card could be the ideal companion if you're looking for a no-frills card that'll keep your card costs to a minimum.
|Product Name||Bankwest Zero Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||2.99% p.a. for 9 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (17.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||17.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|2.95% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- There is a $0 annual fee with this card.
- 2.99% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers.
- This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Request up to 3 additional cardholders for $0 p.a.
- There is no rewards program with this card.
- Once the interest-free period on balance transfers has ended, any balance remaining will be charged at the standard revert rate of 17.99% p.a.
Bankwest Zero Mastercard credit card review
If you have a debt that is collecting high interest, transferring your balance to Bankwest Zero Mastercard could result in significant savings. With this offer you pay 2.99% p.a. on the balance for up to 9 months. This card does not charge an annual fee and you can avoid paying interest on purchases with up to 55 interest-free days when you pay your balance in full. As a Mastercard user, you'll have no trouble accessing your funds anywhere in Australia, overseas and online.
Benefits of using a Bankwest Zero Mastercard
There may not be an abundance of extra frills with the Bankwest Zero Mastercard, but it still has benefits that are worth looking into:
- $0 p.a. annual fee. You can enjoy using this card without having to pay an annual fee.
- Balance transfers. If you are paying high interest rates on your other credit card balances, you can benefit with the 2.99% p.a. balance transfer offer with this card. That rate is applied for 9 months, at which point any unpaid balance will be charged at the standard balance transfer rate, currently 17.99% p.a. You will have to transfer a minimum of $500 in order to be eligible for this offer.
- Interest-free period. Pay no interest on your purchases for up to 55 days so long as the balance is paid in full. This includes any balance transfers or cash advances.
- Simplicity. This is a simple credit card with the important features needed to make it ideal for your day to day purchases.
- Eligible for Google Pay. The Google Pay feature allows Bankwest cardholders to tap and go at the checkout with their Android device.
Features of the Bankwest Zero Mastercard
With any credit card you are going to want to compare its features with others to see with which one you are getting the most value:
- Purchase interest rate. If you are charged interest on your purchases, it will be at a rate of 17.99% p.a.
- Cash advance interest rate. If you use the credit card to withdraw cash, that portion of your balance will be charged at 21.99% p.a.
- Foreign transaction fees. Any transaction that requires the conversion of currency back to the Australian dollar will be charged 2.95% of that amount. This includes spending overseas as well as shopping online with international merchants.
- Minimum credit limit. Your available credit, if approved, for this card will be a minimum of $1,000.
How to apply for the Bankwest Zero Mastercard
If the simplicity, low rate and no annual fee of this card is what you had in mind, you can start applying by completing the secure application form. Before continuing, you should first confirm that you are eligible.
- Age. This card is available to anyone aged 18 years or older.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident if you wish to apply for this card.
- Income. You will need to show proof of a regular and permanent income.
Some of the information you will need to provide as a part of the application includes:
- Contact information. This will include your email and residential address.
- Two forms of identification. If you are new to Bankwest they will require that you verify your identity with at least two of the following documents; driver’s licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate.
- Financial details. This will include your income, expenses and assets.
- Consolidation information. If you intend to take advantage of the balance transfer offer, the details of each account including the institution name, account number and amount will be needed.
A credit card that provides you with money saving features like no annual fee, interest-free days and a competitive interest rate for purchases is worth delving into deeper. When making comparisons between various cards, ensure that you are taking all of these features and benefits into consideration.Back to top