Bankwest Zero Mastercard
Enjoy an ongoing $0 annual fee and 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 26 months with this no-frills Bankwest credit card.
The Bankwest Zero Mastercard offers straightforward features and includes an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 26 months (with a one-time 2% balance transfer fee).
Balance transfer rate
for 26 months with 2% balance transfer fee
Interest free period
|Product Name||Bankwest Zero Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 26 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (14.99%)|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||14.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.95%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- $0 annual fee for the life of the card
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 26 months
- Charges a 2.95% foreign transaction fee
- Charges a one-time 2% BT fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.95%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to apply
If you've compared credit cards and decided on the Bankwest Zero Mastercard, you can apply online in around 15 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details ready to go.
- New customer. Bankwest only allows customers to have one Zero Mastercard in their name. So if you already have a Bankwest Zero or Bankwest Zero Platinum, you may want to look at other no annual fee cards or call Bankwest on 13 17 19 to talk through your options.
- Eligible balance transfer debt(s). If you're planning to transfer a balance to the Zero Mastercard, Bankwest allows you to transfer from $500 up to 95% of your credit limit from non-Bankwest cards issued in Australia.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident in order to apply online.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to have a credit card in Australia.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, email address, date of birth, driver's licence number, marital status, number of dependents and contact number.
- Two forms of identification. If you're new to Bankwest, you'll need to verify your identity by providing details from at least two of the following forms of ID: your driver's licence, Medicare card and/or passport.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to transfer a balance, you'll need to include your request on the application. This means you'll be asked to provide details of your existing debt and accounts.
- Employment information. You'll need to provide your employment status, occupation, employer's name and contact details, as well as your salary. You will also need to show proof of income, such as payslips for the last 45 days or two recent Tax Assessment Notices (if you're self-employed).
- Financial information. This covers any other forms of income and assets such as savings or shares. You also need to provide details of any debts and existing cards or loans, as well as estimates of your regular household expenses.
- $0 annual fee. You can enjoy using this card without having to pay an annual fee. In comparison, other credit cards in Australia have annual fees that range from $25 to $500 (or more).
- Balance transfer offer. If you're paying a high interest rate on your existing credit card balance, you could save with a 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for the first 26 months on this card. A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies with this offer and the 0% interest period starts from the date your account is opened, regardless of when the balance transfer is processed. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining balance transfer debt will be charged interest at the standard balance transfer rate of 14.99% p.a. While Bankwest does not list a specified date when this offer will end, it is only available for a limited time.
- Mobile payments. If you have a compatible Android or Apple device, you can add your Bankwest Zero Mastercard to the Google Pay, Samsung Pay or Apple Pay wallet and make payments directly from your phone (or other device).
- Bankwest Halo wearable device. Bankwest Halo is a ring that allows you to make tap-and-go payments without ever pulling out your wallet. This handy, popular device is an optional extra that costs $15 and comes in a custom size so you can choose which finger to wear it on. It also offers the same security as other contactless payment options, doesn't need an app or charging and is waterproof. You can even choose between a black or white ring.
- Free digital card. 24 hours after you've been approved, you can log into the Bankwest app to activate and start to use your card digitally before your physical card arrives in the mail.
Rates & fees
- Purchase interest rate. This card charges an interest rate of 14.99% p.a. on purchases.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases, with the interest-free period starting at the beginning of each statement period.
- Cash advances. If you use this card to withdraw cash, or for any other cash advance transaction, an interest rate of 21.99% p.a. will apply from the time of the transaction. You'll also pay a cash advance fee worth 2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater).
- Foreign transaction fees. Transactions made or processed outside of Australia will be charged 2.95% of that amount. This includes spending overseas as well as shopping online from Australia or overseas with international merchants.