The Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard gives you a way to earn Qantas Points on your everyday credit card spending. It also offers up to 50,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days from card approval (40,000 points when you keep your account open in 3 months and 10,000 points in the 15th month). While Bankwest has not listed an end date, this promotion is only available for a limited time.
Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard
- Balance transfer rate for 9 months with no balance transfer fee
- 2.99% p.a.
- Bonus points
- Purchase rate
- 19.99% p.a.
- Reward points per $ spent
Up to 50,000 bonus Qantas Points offer
0% foreign transaction fees
Complimentary overseas credit card travel insurance
Relatively high ongoing annual fee of $160 p.a. and purchase rate of 19.99% p.a.
Earn rate per $1 spent is low compared to other Qantas cards
|Product Name||Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||2.99% for 9 months, then 19.99%|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||19.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.99%|
|Min credit limit||$3,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.6|
|Rewards points cap||Uncapped|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
How to applyYou can apply for the Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard online in around 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information ready to complete the application.
- Eligible balance transfer. If you plan to take advantage of the balance transfer offer, you can transfer from $500 up to 95% of your credit limit from cards not issued by Bankwest.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen in order to apply online.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Personal information. You'll need to list your full name and will be asked to provide your contact details including your residential address, email address and a phone number.
- Proof of identification. You'll need to provide two forms of identification. This could include your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card or passport.
- Employment. This includes your length of employment and your employer's contact details.
- Finances. You'll be asked to include details regarding your income, expenses and assets.
- Frequent flyer number. If you're already a Qantas Frequent Flyer, you'll need to include your frequent flyer number so your points can be credited to your account.
- Balance transfer details. If you're conducting a balance transfer, you'll need to provide information about the debt(s) including how much you're transferring and where from.
- Up to 50,000 bonus Qantas Points. Earn up to 50,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days (if you keep your account open for 3 months, you will receive 40,000 points and another 10,000 points in the 15th month). To give you an idea of the potential value of these bonus points, you could use them to redeem a return economy flight for two between Sydney and Adelaide (48,000 Qantas Points) or $225 worth of Woolworths digital gift cards (46,680 points for two $100 gift cards and one $25 gift card). Note that this offer is only available to new Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard customers. To be eligible, you need to apply during the promotional period.
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. You'll earn 0.6 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases, up to $2,500 per month and 0.3 points per $1 spent thereafter. Please note that you won't earn points on balance transfers. If you're not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer, the $99.50 membership fee is waived if you join while applying for this card.
- 0% foreign transaction fee. You can shop online or overseas and save with no foreign transaction fees. Cash advance fees will still apply if you use the card for overseas ATM withdrawals or cash-equivalent transactions.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. As of 9 December 2019, the Bankwest Qantas Platinum card offers complimentary overseas travel insurance for up to 31 consecutive days through Cover-More. All you have to do to get the insurance is have the card open while you're travelling. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you'll be covered for overseas emergency medical & hospital expenses, baggage & personal goods, personal liability and accidental death with the option to upgrade for additional protection.
- Purchase covers. Complimentary purchase security cover provides protection from loss, theft or accidental damage of your purchases made anywhere in the world for 3 months from the date of purchase, for up to $125,000 a year. The extended warranty cover adds 12 months to any Australian manufacturer's warranty that comes with your goods. The purchase price guarantee scheme allows you to claim the difference on a purchased item if you find it available at a lower price (at least $75) within three weeks of the transaction.
- Mobile wallet and contactless payments. You can link this card to Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Apple Pay, available on compatible Android, Samsung and Apple devices.
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers 2.99% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 9 months. Any unpaid balance left at the end of the introductory period will revert to the standard rate of 19.99% p.a.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card attracts an annual fee of $160 p.a.
- Purchase rate. This card has a standard purchase interest rate of 19.99% p.a.
- Cash advance fee and rates. If you use the Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard to withdraw cash or for any other cash advance transactions, you will have to pay a fee of 3% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater). These transactions will immediately attract interest at the cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your closing balance, excluding any balance transfers, in full by the statement due date, you can take advantage of up to 44 interest-free days on purchases.
- Minimum credit limit. The credit limit on this card starts at $3,000.
- Additional cards. You are allowed up to 3 additional cardholders under one account. There is a $0 annual fee for supplementary cards.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
September 19, 2023
is the annual fee including the annual qantas rewards program fee?
Amy Bradney-George Finder
September 21, 2023
This card doesn’t have an annual Qantas Rewards Program Fee. So the annual fee listed is what you’d pay for the account each year. I hope this helps.
August 04, 2023
How is the maximum credit limit determined? and what is the maximum credit limit if there is one?
Amy Bradney-George Finder
August 04, 2023
The credit limit is determined based on details provided when you apply for a credit card, including your income, expenses and credit report/score. All lenders in Australia have to assess the applicant’s ability to repay the total credit limit, with interest, over a 3-year period as part of Australia’s responsible lending requirements. Bankwest doesn’t list a specific maximum limit available for this card but Finder does have a guide about how to estimate or calculate a credit limit that may be suitable for you. I hope this helps.
Show more Show less
September 27, 2019
Will I receive Qantas FF points when paying utilities such as electricity, water, gas, council rates and Foxtel with my Qantas platinum credit card?
September 28, 2019
Thank you for getting in touch with Finder.
You may earn QFF points on paying utilities with your Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard so long that you’re not processing the payment via BPay. BPAY payments like bill payments and other payments made through the BPAY are exmpeted to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points.
I hope this helps.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Show more Show less
March 15, 2018
When buying a return overs airline tick, can the costs of the required minimum of $500 using the bankwest qantas platinum card be shared using another non bank west card?
March 22, 2018
Thanks for your message.
Since the minimum cost is under the terms and conditions of Bankwest Qantas Platinum card, the cost cannot be shared by a non-Bankwest card.
Hope this helps!
March 13, 2018
With regards to the Qantas platinum rewards card do you receive bonus points as a new customer??
Jeni Velasco Finder
March 13, 2018
Thanks for getting in touch with finder.
No you don’t receive bonus points as a new customer but you receive points on every dollar ($) spent using your Qantas Platinum card. If you have a Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard, you can earn up to 200,000 reward points which is the maximum number of points that can be accumulated per year.
In addition, if you are interested to take advantage of Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit Card Offer where you can get 100,000 bonus Qantas points when you spend $4,000 on everyday purchases within the first 60 days of account opening. This offer ends on 17 June 2018.
Please see link for your reference https://www.finder.com.au/credit-cards/qantas-frequent-flyer-credit-cards
I hope this helps. Should you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach us out again.
Have a wonderful day!
Show more Show less