Enjoy 0% foreign transaction fees on overseas purchases and a range of complimentary extras with the Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard.
The Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard provides a range of premium privileges and benefits, including insurance covers, Qantas Points for everyday spending and 0% foreign transaction fees on overseas and online purchases.
|Product Name||Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||2.99% p.a. for 9 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (20.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.49% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$160 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$160 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20.00|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Bankwest Qantas Platinum cardholders can enjoy a 0% foreign transaction fee.
- Enjoy a 2.99% p.a. for 9 months balance transfer offer that comes with this card.
- Stay protected and secured with this card's complimentary travel insurance with unlimited medical and hospital coverage, and protection against loss, damage or theft of your personal items.
- A high annual fee of $160 comes with this card.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||200,000|
Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard review
The Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard linked to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program lets you earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. This allows you to earn points for everyday spending that you can then put towards flights with either Qantas or Jetstar. If you don’t have plans to fly, you can also redeem your points at the Qantas Store, which has thousands of items available.
This credit card also offers complimentary travel insurance and purchase covers, interest-free days and 0% foreign transaction fees, even when shopping online. You can also save money on existing card debt with an introductory balance transfer rate of 2.99% p.a. interest for 9 months.
Benefits of using a Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard
Bankwest gives you a number of reasons to consider their Qantas Platinum Mastercard when looking into various rewards cards programs:
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers 2.99% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 9 months. There is a minimum of $500 that you can transfer, and any unpaid balance left at the end of the 9-month period will revert to the standard variable rate of 20.49% p.a.
- Qantas rewards program. Enjoy earning 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases, up to 200,000 each year. These points can be used towards airfares with Qantas or Jetstar, or you can choose merchandise and gift cards from the Qantas Store. You do need to be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program to take advantage of this offer, but free membership is available if you join online.
- 0% foreign transaction fee. This platinum card charges 0% foreign transaction fee for purchases made in another currency, allowing you to save money when you use the card overseas or when shopping online with an international retailer. Note that cash advance fees will apply if you use the card for overseas ATM withdrawals.
- Complimentary credit card travel insurance. The Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard offers complimentary credit card travel insurance for a consecutive period of 6 months overseas. This cover provides unlimited medical and hospital coverage, and protection against loss, damage or theft of your personal items up to $30,000. Delayed baggage is also covered for up to $1,200 and car hire excess of up to $3,000. Exclusions, limitations and conditions apply.
- Purchase insurances. Complimentary purchase security cover provides protection from loss, theft or accidental damage of your purchases made anywhere in the world for 3 months from the date of purchase, for up to $125,000 a year. The extended warranty cover adds 12 months to any Australian manufacturer's warranty that comes with your goods, and the purchase price guarantee scheme allows you to claim the difference on a purchased item if you find it available at a lower price within three weeks of the transaction. Terms and conditions apply for these insurance covers, so be sure to refer to the Complimentary Credit Card Insurance booklet for more information.
- Platinum concierge service. This card provides access to your own personal assistant to help with bookings, shopping, dining reservations and more.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 44 interest-free days on purchases when you use your Qantas Platinum Mastercard. You must pay closing balance, including any cash advances and balances, to qualify for interest-free days.
- Eligible for Google Pay. The Google Pay feature allows Bankwest cardholders to tap and go at the checkout with their Android device.
Features of the Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard
Benefits are not the only thing you should study when comparing credit cards. Look at the differences in the features such as:
- Annual fee. This card attracts an annual fee of $160 each year that it is open.
- Purchase rate. This card has a standard variable purchase rate of 20.49% p.a.
- Cash advances. If you use the Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard to withdraw cash or for any other cash advance transactions, you will have to pay a fee of 2% or $4, whichever is greater. These transactions are not eligible for interest-free days and will attract interest at the cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a. (variable).
- Minimum credit limit. The credit limit on this card starts at $6,000.
- Additional cards. You are allowed up to 3 additional cardholders under one account. There is a $0 annual fee for supplementary cards.
- Mastercard features. Mastercard PayPass allows you to pay for purchases under $100 without having to swipe your card or enter a PIN. You can also take advantage of exclusive shopping, dining and entertainment offers through Priceless Cities, and enjoy protection against fraudulent transactions with the Mastercard Zero Liability policy.
How to apply for the Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard
You can apply for the Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard online in minutes and get an instant response. But before beginning, you should make sure you meet the application requirements and have all your supporting documents and details on hand.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- You will be asked to read and accept the Bankwest privacy and consent forms. This allows the bank to verify your identity and gives it approval to request your credit report. It also gives Bankwest permission to contact you in regards to the application.
If you meet these requirements, you can continue to the application by clicking on “Go to site”. This will take you to a secure application where you will be asked to provide a range of personal and financial details, as well as supporting documentation.
- Personal information. You will need to supply your Australian driver’s licence along with a passport, Medicare card or Australian birth certificate. You'll also need to provide contact details including your residential address, email address and a phone number.
- Employment information. This includes details of your current job, salary, the length of employment and contact numbers for your employer.
- Financial information. Along with your income, you will need to disclose your current debts, including credit card and loan balances.
The Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard is a rewards credit card that offers a range of additional perks, including travel insurance and no foreign transaction fee. As it's not the only frequent flyer card on the market, make sure you compare a range of other options so that you can choose a card that's right for your needs.Back to top