BankSA Amplify Signature Credit Card
Offers up to 200,000 bonus Amplify Points, but you'll need to keep the card for at least 2 years to get them all.
The BankSA Amplify Signature offers one of the biggest bonus point offers on the market when you apply by 30 November 2021. With this offer, you can earn 100,000 bonus Amplify Points in the first year, plus another 100,000 points in the second year when you spend at least $12,000 on eligible purchases each year. This works out to a total of 200,000 bonus points if you spend at least $24,000 in the first 24 months.
Per $ spent
|Product Name||BankSA Amplify Signature|
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 15 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- 100,000 bonus points in the first year and 100,000 bonus points in the second year (200,000 points total) when you spend at least $12,000 per year
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 15 months
- 2 complimentary airport lounge passes per year
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance for up to 6 months
- Charges a 1% balance transfer fee
- Spend requirement is high and staggered over 2 years
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.5|
|Rewards points cap||Uncapped|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
To get the most value from the 200,000 bonus point offer currently on this card, you’ll need to use it for at least 2 years. In that time, you will also have to spend an average of $1,000 on eligible purchases each month. If you meet the offer requirements, though, you could redeem your bonus points for 100,000 frequent flyer points with Velocity Frequent Flyer, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer or Malaysia Airlines Enrich. Or – if you’re more interested in putting a fixed dollar value on this bonus point offer – you could redeem them for $900 worth of David Jones eGift cards.
How to applyYou can apply for the BankSA Amplify Signature online in around 10 minutes. To get started, check that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed to complete your application
- New cardholder. The bonus point offer on this card is only available if you are a new cardholder and have not held an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA in the last 12 months.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you are planning to transfer a balance, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from Australian store, charge or credit cards not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your name, email address, contact number, residential address and marital status. You also need to provide valid ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment details. Details you need to provide include your job title, salary and employer's contact details. You may also be asked for documents that verify these details, such as recent payslips or bank statements.
- Financial details. This includes government payments, pensions or other forms of income, as well as assets such as savings. You also need to share details of your existing debts, cards and other loans, as well as estimates of your regular household expenses.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer on this card, you need to include details of the debt, such as the account name, number, provider's BSB and the total amount of debt you want transferred.
- Up to 200,000 bonus Amplify Points. Apply by 30 November 2021 to receive 100,000 bonus Amplify Points in the first year when you spend $12,000 on eligible purchases over the course of the year and another 100,000 bonus points in the second year when you meet the same spend requirement. If you do not meet the spend requirement in the first year, you are still eligible to take advantage of the bonus point offer during the second year. Points will be credited to your account within 12 weeks of the spend requirement(s) being met.
- Balance transfer offer. Apply by 30 November 2021 and take advantage of a 0% interest rate for the first 15 months on balance transfers (with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee). After the promotional period, any balance remaining will be charged at the variable cash advance rate. Note that you can only transfer balances from non-St.George, non-BankSA and non-Bank of Melbourne credit cards to your existing BankSA credit card account.
- Priority Pass lounge visits. You can relax before your next flight in style with 2 Priority Pass lounge visits per year when you use your card to enrol at https://www.prioritypass.com/amplifysignature.
- Amplify Rewards. For each eligible dollar spent at an Australian or overseas retailer, you will earn 1.5 Amplify Points. This earn rate is uncapped. Transactions that don't earn points include balance transfers, cash advances, account fees and a purchase from or payment to a government or government related agency.
- Birthday bonus points. Within 4 weeks of your birthday, you'll get an extra 10% of the points you've earned from eligible spending in the previous 12 months. Just keep in mind that the birthday bonus is based on points earned through eligible spending, and doesn't include other bonus points in the calculations.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Get access to overseas travel insurance on trips of up to 6 months when you use your card for at least $500 of prepaid travel expenses (such as flights or accommodation) and have a return ticket. This cover is also offered to your eligible spouse and/or dependent children travelling with you.
- Complimentary insurance for purchases. This card offers extended warranty insurance and price guarantee cover for eligible items you buy with it.
- Hotel benefits. Credit card holders get to enjoy hotel benefits such as VIP guest status, automatic room upgrades, best rate guarantee and other benefits. These benefits are available as part of the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection when you pay with the Amplify Signature.
- Mobile payment technology. You can make payments just by tapping your eligible phone or device on the contactless payment terminal if you add this card to your Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $279.
- Interest rate. If you carry a balance on this card, you will be charged at the purchase interest rate of 19.74% p.a. (variable).
- Interest-free days. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Foreign transaction fee. A fee of 3% applies when you use this card to pay for purchases made in a foreign currency or processed overseas.
- Cash advances. Cash equivalent transactions and withdrawals attract interest at the variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a. You will also be charged a one-time fee of 2% of transaction amount or $2.50, whichever is greater (capped at $150/transaction).
- Additional cardholder. You can add 1 extra cardholder to your credit card free of charge.