The BankSA Amplify Signature Credit Card earns reward points that you can redeem for digital gift cards, travel rewards and retail items like coffee machines. You can also transfer points to Velocity Frequent Flyer and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer. If you're currently focused on paying off credit card debt, it also offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 24 months, with a one-time balance transfer fee of 1%. But as there are also balance transfer offers with no balance transfer fees and lower annual fees, it's worth comparing other options if this is your main goal right now.
BankSA Amplify Signature Credit Card
- Bonus points
- Purchase rate
- 19.49% p.a.
- Reward points per $ spent
- Annual fee for the first year ($295 p.a. thereafter)
- $199 p.a.
150,000 bonus Amplify Points
Discounted $199 annual fee in the first year
0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 24 months
Offers complimentary airport lounge passes and overseas travel insurance options
Bonus points offer is staggered over 2 years
$295 annual fee after the first year
Balance transfer offer has a 1% balance transfer fee
Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Product Name||BankSA Amplify Signature|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||0% for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee, then 21.49%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||19.49%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.49%|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.5|
|Rewards points cap||Uncapped|
|Annual fee||$199 first year ($295 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% of each cash advance amount|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
How to applyYou can apply for the BankSA Amplify Signature online in around 10 minutes. To get started, check that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed to complete your application.
- New cardholder. The bonus point offer on this card is only available if you are a new cardholder and have not held an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA in the last 12 months.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you are planning to transfer a balance, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from Australian store, charge or credit cards not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your name, email address, contact number, residential address and marital status. You also need to provide valid ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment details. Details you need to provide include your job title, salary and employer's contact details. You may also be asked for documents that verify these details, such as recent payslips or bank statements.
- Financial details. This includes government payments, pensions or other forms of income, as well as assets such as savings. You also need to share details of your existing debts, cards and other loans, as well as estimates of your regular household expenses.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer on this card, you need to include details of the debt, such as the account name, number, provider's BSB and the total amount of debt you want transferred.
- 150,000 bonus Amplify Points. You'll get 150,000 bonus Amplify Points when you apply by 30 April 2024 and spend $12,000 on eligible purchases in the first 12 months. Points will be credited to your account within 12 weeks of meeting the spend requirement. Eligible purchases cover most everyday spending but transactions that don't earn points include balance transfers, cash advances, account fees and spending with government or government-related agencies.
- Discounted first-year annual fee. When you apply and get approved for a new BankSA Amplify Signature Credit Card by 30 April 2024, you'll get a first-year annual fee of $199. This saves you $96 on the $295 p.a. annual fee that applies from the second year on.
- Balance transfer offer. When you apply by 30 April 2024 and request a balance transfer at the time of your application, you'll get 0% interest on balance transfers for the first 24 months, with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. After the introductory period, the 21.49% p.a. variable cash advance rate applies to any remaining balance transfer debt. Note that you can only transfer balances from non-St.George, non-BankSA and non-Bank of Melbourne credit cards to your existing BankSA credit card account.
- Priority Pass lounge visits. This card gives you access to airport lounges around the world, with 2 complimentary Priority Pass lounge visits per year. To use these passes, you need to enrol at https://www.prioritypass.com/amplifysignature.
- Amplify Rewards. This card earns 1.5 Amplify Points per $1 on all eligible spending, which is competitive with other rewards cards.
- Birthday bonus points. Within 4 weeks of your birthday, you'll get an extra 10% of the points you've earned from eligible spending in the previous 12 months. Just keep in mind that the birthday bonus is based on points earned through eligible spending, and doesn't include other bonus points in the calculations.
- Complimentary travel insurance. You'll get access to overseas travel insurance on trips of up to 6 months when you use your card for at least $500 of prepaid travel expenses (such as flights or accommodation) and have a return ticket. This cover is also offered to your eligible spouse and/or dependent children travelling with you.
- Complimentary insurance for purchases. This card offers extended warranty insurance and price guarantee cover for eligible items you buy with it.
- Hotel benefits. Credit card holders get to enjoy hotel benefits such as VIP guest status, automatic room upgrades, best rate guarantee and other benefits. These benefits are available as part of the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection when you pay with the Amplify Signature.
- Mobile payment technology. You can make payments just by tapping your eligible phone or device on the contactless payment terminal if you add this card to your Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a standard annual fee of $295.
- Purchase rate. The 19.49% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases is lower than the average standard credit card interest rate in Australia based on Finder analysis of RBA data.
- Interest-free days. You'll get up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. The monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers and interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Foreign transaction fee. A fee of 3% applies when you use this card to pay for purchases made in a foreign currency or processed overseas.
- Cash advances. Cash equivalent transactions and withdrawals attract interest at the variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a. You will also be charged a one-time fee of 3% of each cash advance amount.
- Additional cardholder. You can add 1 extra cardholder to your credit card free of charge.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
December 08, 2018
I cannot see the Go to Site button.
December 11, 2018
Thank you for your comment.
If you’re referring to the BankSA Amplify Signature – Online Offer Go to Site button, you can see it above inside the green button at the right side of the screen.
Should you wish to have real-time answers to your questions, try our chat box on the lower right corner of our page.
Show more Show less
April 01, 2018
HI I HAVE JUST APPLIED FOR THIS PARTICULAR CARD AND I WANT TO ADD MY WIFE AS AN ADDITIONAL CARD HOLDER, CAN THIS BE DONE? CHEERS CLAUDIO
April 01, 2018
Thanks for your inquiry.
Yes, that’s possible. Additional cardholder is free. Please contact BankSA directly if you want to add your wife.
February 08, 2018
Do you get Qantas points when paying ATO with BankSA Amplify Signature Card ?
February 28, 2018
Thanks for leaving a question on finder.
Since ATO is a government transaction, you will not get points when make transactions there. While Amplify Points are earned when you purchase goods and services, please note that Amplify Points are not earned in respect of the following amounts that may be charged to your Card Account:
• government charges (other than GST payable in connection with the purchase of goods or services on which you earn Amplify Points)
• interest and other bank fees and charges (including any GST payable on any of these)
• cash advances
• balance transfers
• BPAY payments, i.e. bill payments and other payments made through the BPAY Electronic Payments Scheme.
Also, if you (or an Additional Cardholder) return any goods or services purchased with the Card or Card Account, or your Card Account is credited in connection with a disputed transaction, St.George will adjust the Amplify Points total earned by deducting any Amplify Points, which were earned in connection with the original or disputed transaction.
Show more Show less
January 14, 2018
This add says a new cardholder receives 90,000 bonus Amplify or Qantas points if they apply by 18 April 2018 and meet the spend requirements. Can you please confirm the QANTAS points transferred are 90,000?
January 15, 2018
Thanks for your inquiry
Yes, that is correct. The new card holder receives 90,0000 Amplify or Qantas points if you meet the requirements.
Hope this information helps
October 11, 2017
Hi! With regards to Qantas FF points, your site mentions we can redeem over 3,000 products, vouchers and experiences on offer under the program but you haven’t actually specified flights. Just to get clarification, are points earned able to be used for flights too?
October 11, 2017
Thank you for your inquiry today. :-)
Yes, you can redeem Qantas points on flights such as:
– Classic Award flights on Qantas and 35 partner airlines
– Qantas and Jetstar Any Seat Award flights
– Flight Upgrade Awards on eligible Qantas flights when available
Hope this clarifies.
Show more Show less