Bank of Melbourne No Annual Fee Credit Card
Save with an ongoing $0 annual fee and up to 55 interest free-days on purchases.
The Bank of Melbourne No Annual Fee credit card offers cost-saving features with a $0 annual fee for both primary and additional cardholders.
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne No Annual Fee Card|
|Balance transfer rate||6.99% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||20.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$40,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- $0 annual fee for the life of the card
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- Up to 3 additional cards at no extra cost
- Relatively high purchase interest rate of 20.74% p.a.
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The Bank of Melbourne No Annual Fee credit card is a no-frills product that offers contactless payments at the checkout, as well as mobile payments through Google Pay and Samsung Pay. If you shop online with this card, you'll also get another layer of protection through Visa Secure, which adds an extra verification step at the checkout for partnered merchants.
The Bank of Melbourne No Annual Fee credit card charges a high purchase interest rate, so it’s suited to cardholders who pay their monthly payment balance in full and can take advantage of the interest-free days.
How to apply
You can apply for the Bank of Melbourne No Annual Fee credit card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you apply, check that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Balance transfer debt. If there is a balance transfer rate available and you plan to transfer a debt, you can transfer up to 80% of your approved credit limit from 3 non-St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA Australian-issued credit, charge or store cards.
- Age. You are at least 18 years old.
- Personal information. You'll need to include details such as your full name, date of birth, residential address and contact information.
- Proof of identification. You'll need to verify your identity with your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Income and employment. Confirm your annual income and current place of employment. If you're self-employed, you will need to provide your most recent tax information.
- Finances. Include details of any savings or investments as well as existing debts or liabilities.
- Balance transfer details. To transfer a balance(s), you'll need to provide the details of that account, including the card number.
- $0 p.a. annual fee. You'll pay no annual fee for the life of the card.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 3 additional cardholders for the account at no extra cost. The additional cardholders must be at least 16 years old and the primary cardholder is still responsible for transactions made with the card.
- Balance transfer offer. Save on interest costs when paying off existing debt with 6.99% p.a. balance transfer offer for up to 12 months with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate.
- Secure shopping. You can shop online with peace of mind knowing that your account is protected by Visa Secure.
- Mobile payment technology. Add this credit card to your Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet and enjoy making contactless payments using your Android or Samsung device.
Rates & fees
- Purchase interest rate. Your purchases will attract the 20.74% p.a. variable interest rate.
- Low minimum credit limit. You can keep your credit card spending in check with a minimum credit limit of $500.
- Cash advance interest rate. If you use your card for cash advances, such as ATM withdrawals, you'll be charged the cash advance interest rate of 21.49% p.a. You'll also be charged a cash advance fee of 2% or $2.50 (whichever is greater, capped at $150 per transaction).
- Foreign transaction fees. If you use your card overseas or to shop online with an international merchant, you'll be charged a 3% currency conversion fee.