Receive 90,000 bonus Amplify Points or Qantas Points when you apply by 18 April 2018 and meet the spend requirement.
BoM Amplify Signature comes with a range of benefits for the cardholder, offering 90,000 bonus Qantas or Amplify Points when you apply by 18 April 2018 and spend $5,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days.
The credit card also comes with complimentary offers such as airport lounge passes for two every year, a personal concierge service, premium insurance covers and much more.
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature|
|Rewards Program||Amplify Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Offer end date||18 April 2018|
|Annual fee||$279 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$279 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
|Rewards Program||Amplify Rewards|
|Bonus Points||90,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (AMEX)||0|
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature Credit Card review
The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature Credit Card gives new applicants a chance to enjoy bonus points, a variable interest rate of 19.49% p.a. on purchases and a cash advance rate of 20.24% p.a. and complimentary insurances.
Check out the full list of features and applicable fees to determine if the credit card is a valuable option for your needs.
Benefits of the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature Credit Card
- Bonus points.Enjoy 90,000 bonus Amplify or Qantas Points when you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days from card approval, if you apply and are approved for a BoM Amplify Signature Credit Card by 18 April 2018.
- Amplify Rewards Program. With the Amplify Signature Card, you earn 1.5 points for every dollar spent on eligible purchases in Australia and overseas.
- Amplify Qantas Rewards Program. If you choose Amplify Qantas Rewards, your reward points are transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account which means that you need to be a member of the program. Points are earned as follows: 0.75 points for each dollar spent in Australia and overseas.
- Switch between Amplify Qantas and Amplify Rewards. This credit card allows you to switch between both reward programs at any time. All you have to do is de-link the credit card from one program and link it to the other.
- Overseas travel insurance. This travel insurance is eligible for persons up to the age of 80 years. It covers the cardholder, spouse and dependent children. The insurance policy is provided when the cardholder pays for return tickets and prepaid travel costs worth $500 using the credit card. Also available is a transit accident insurance policy.
- Purchase security insurance. Purchase security insurance covers personal goods that have been purchased using the Signature Amplify card anywhere in the world. This insurance policy covers against accidental damage, loss and theft.
- Extended warranty insurance. Extended warranty insurance is simply an extension of the Australian warranty and this is applied when the goods purchased have a warranty of fewer than 5 years.
- Price guarantee cover. The cardholder is entitled to get the best rate and they can claim a refund on the price difference if an item they purchased is sold at a cheaper rate within a radius of 25km. This cover is valid for 21 days.
Features of the BoM Amplify Signature Credit Card
The Amplify Signature Credit Card has various beneficial features available for cardholders, some of these include:
- Annual fee. This card comes with an annual fee of $279.
- Complimentary airport lounge passes. Cardholders receive two Priority Pass Card member airport lounge passes every year.
- Reward programs. Cardholders can choose between two reward programs and these are: Amplify Rewards and Amplify Qantas.
- Complimentary insurances. There are four different insurance policies that you can access with this credit card. These are: overseas travel insurance, purchase security cover, extended warranty cover and transit accident insurance cover.
- Uncapped reward points. There are no maximum limits on the amount of rewards points you can earn.
- Fees. There are various fees that are charged and these include: card replacement fee, cash advance fee, foreign transaction fee and others.
- Additional cardholder. Get an additional cardholder for $0.
How to apply for the BoM Amplify Signature Credit Card
You can apply for the BoM credit card online in just 15 minutes. If you already hold an account with the bank, your online banking credentials will pre-populate the application form.
You can find the application criteria in the table below. To apply for the credit card, you will need to be:
- An Australian resident
- 18 years and above
The following information is required to proceed with your application:
- Your driver's license number (if available)
- Income details (after tax)
- Details of your savings, investments or assets
- Tax information
You can save your application and complete it within a period of 30 days. If you wish to update your personal details as an existing account holder, you need to get in touch with the bank's customer care to make changes. Complete the online application to apply for this card.Back to top