Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum
Enjoy 80,000 bonus Amplify Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers with the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum.
When you apply and are approved for Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum by 28 September 2021, you'll earn 80,000 bonus Amplify Points if you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days.
Balance transfer rate
for 15 months with 1% balance transfer fee
Per $ spent
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum|
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 15 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- 80,000 bonus Amplify Points when you meet the spend criteria
- 0% p.a. balance transfer for 15 months
- Uncapped rewards points on eligible purchases
- Complimentary travel insurance and purchase insurance covers
- Charges a one-time 1% balance transfer fee
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to apply
You can apply for the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Just make sure you've met the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- New cardholder. To be eligible for the promotions, you must apply for a new card and cannot hold or have held an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA in the previous 12 months.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Good credit score. Have good credit history with no defaults or bad debt.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you elect to transfer a balance, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to three Australian credit, store or credit card accounts not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA.
- Personal information. Including your full name, date of birth, residential address and contact information.
- Proof of identification. To verify your identity, you'll need a valid Australian driver's license, passport, Medicare card or birth certificate.
- Income. You'll need to provide payslips or similar financial documents on hand to confirm your income. This will include supplemental income information like rent from rental properties.
- Employment. You'll need to confirm your current place of employment and provide your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide your tax information and your accountant's contact details.
- Balance transfer information. If you're transferring a balance(s), you'll need to provide the amount, account number and BSB number of the card(s) you're transferring from.
- Bonus Amplify Points offer. Receive 80,000 bonus Amplify Points if you apply for a Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum card by 28 September 2021, get approved and spend $3,000 within the first 90 days of card approval.
- Balance transfer offer. If you apply and get approved for this card by 28 September 2021, you can take advantage of a 0% p.a. for 15 months balance transfer offer (with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee). After the promotional period, any balances remaining will be charged at the variable cash advance rate. Interest-free days do not apply while you carry a balance transfer debt.
- Rewards points. Enjoy uncapped points potential and earn 1 Amplify Point per $1 spent on eligible transactions. Amplify Points can be auto-redeemed for Velocity Points at a rate of 2:1.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Save and travel with peace of mind thanks to complimentary international travel insurance for trips up to 3 months for you, your spouse and any dependent children travelling with you. You'll be covered for emergency and medical services, travel delay, lost luggage and more. You must use your card to pay for at least $500 of your prepaid travel costs to activate the insurance. Eligibility requirements, exclusions and other conditions apply.
- Extended warranty. When you use your Amplify Platinum card to purchase an item that has a manufacturer's warranty, you will get an extended warranty that will come into effect when the manufacturer's warranty ends.
- Purchase protection. If a newly-purchased item gets damaged or stolen, purchase protection through your Amplify card can help you get a reimbursement or pay for repairs on the item as long as the claim falls within a certain time frame after the original purchase date.
- Mobile payment technology. Enjoy the convenience of making contactless payments using compatible device by adding this card to your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $99.
- Purchase rate. This card charges a 19.74% p.a. variable interest rate on purchases.
- Interest-free period. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Cash advances. If you use your card for cash advances, such as an ATM withdrawal, you'll collect interest at the 21.49% p.a. variable cash advance rate and will be charged a cash advance fee of 2% or $2.50 (whichever is greater, capped at $150 per transaction).
- Credit limit. You can request a minimum credit limit of $6,000 up to $80,000.
- Additional cardholders. You can earn more points and manage expenses by adding 1 additional cardholder to the account at no extra cost.