The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum is suited to people who want to earn points on their credit card spending and like having a choice of different rewards – including gift cards, retail items, travel and frequent flyer points. If you apply for this card by 30 April 2024, you’ll earn 100,000 bonus Amplify Points by spending $3,000 in the first 90 days.
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum
- Balance transfer rate for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee
- 0% p.a.
- Bonus points
- Purchase rate
- 19.49% p.a.
- Reward point per $ spent
100,000 bonus Amplify Points
Reduced annual fee of $49 in the first year
0% p.a. balance transfer for 24 months
Uncapped rewards points on eligible purchases
Charges a one-time 1% balance transfer fee
Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||0% for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee, then 21.49%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||19.49%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.49%|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Annual fee||$49 first year ($124 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% of each cash advance amount|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
How to apply
You can apply for the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Just make sure you've met the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- New cardholder. To be eligible for the promotions, you must apply for a new card and cannot hold or have held an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA in the previous 12 months.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Good credit score. Have good credit history with no defaults or bad debt.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you elect to transfer a balance, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to three Australian credit, store or credit card accounts not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA.
- Personal information. Including your full name, date of birth, residential address and contact information.
- Proof of identification. To verify your identity, you'll need a valid Australian driver's license, passport, Medicare card or birth certificate.
- Income. You'll need to provide payslips or similar financial documents on hand to confirm your income. This will include supplemental income information like rent from rental properties.
- Employment. You'll need to confirm your current place of employment and provide your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide your tax information and your accountant's contact details.
- Balance transfer information. If you're transferring a balance(s), you'll need to provide the amount, account number and BSB number of the card(s) you're transferring from.
- Bonus Amplify Points offer. Receive 100,000 bonus Amplify Points if you apply for a Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum card by 30 April 2024, get approved and spend $3,000 within the first 90 days of card approval.
- First-year annual fee discount. The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum credit card offers a reduced annual fee of $49 for the first year (reverts to $124 p.a. thereafter). This offer is valid until 30 April 2024.
- Balance transfer offer. If you apply and get approved for this card by 30 April 2024, you can take advantage of a 0% p.a. for 24 months balance transfer offer (with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee). After the promotional period, any balances remaining will be charged at the variable cash advance rate. Interest-free days do not apply while you carry a balance transfer debt.
- Rewards points. Enjoy uncapped points potential and earn 1 Amplify Point per $1 spent on eligible transactions. Amplify Points can be auto-redeemed for Velocity Points at a rate of 2:1.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Save and travel with peace of mind thanks to complimentary international travel insurance for trips up to 3 months for you, your spouse and any dependent children travelling with you. You'll be covered for emergency and medical services, travel delay, lost luggage and more. You must use your card to pay for at least $500 of your prepaid travel costs to activate the insurance. Eligibility requirements, exclusions and other conditions apply.
- Extended warranty. When you use your Amplify Platinum card to purchase an item that has a manufacturer's warranty, you will get an extended warranty that will come into effect when the manufacturer's warranty ends.
- Purchase protection. If a newly-purchased item gets damaged or stolen, purchase protection through your Amplify card can help you get a reimbursement or pay for repairs on the item as long as the claim falls within a certain time frame after the original purchase date.
- Mobile payment technology. Enjoy the convenience of making contactless payments using compatible device by adding this card to your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges an annual fee of $124 p.a..
- Purchase rate. This card charges a 19.49% p.a. variable interest rate on purchases.
- Interest-free period. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Cash advances. If you use your card for cash advances, such as an ATM withdrawal, you'll collect interest at the 21.49% p.a. variable cash advance rate and will be charged a cash advance fee of 3% of each cash advance amount.
- Credit limit. You can request a minimum credit limit of $6,000 up to $80,000.
- Additional cardholders. You can earn more points and manage expenses by adding 1 additional cardholder to the account at no extra cost.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
August 28, 2023
if im on pension can i get credit card..
Amy Bradney-George Finder
September 03, 2023
Yes, there are banks and other lenders in Australia that accept credit card applications from people on a pension. You can compare cards in Finder’s guide to credit cards for pensioners, which also has more details on what you need to provide for an application. I hope this helps.
Show more Show less