The ANZ Low Rate Platinum credit card combines a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer with platinum card benefits including a 24/7 personal concierge.
Get approval from ANZ for the Low Rate Platinum card and take advantage of a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 15 months with no balance transfer fee.
This card also offers platinum benefits including complimentary insurances such as overseas travel, emergency medical and dental insurances.
|Product Name||ANZ Low Rate Platinum|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 15 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||11.49% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of cash advance amount or a minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of cash advance amount or a minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
- Take advantage of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 15 months with no BT fee.
- Enjoy an interest-free period on your purchases of up to 55 days if you settle the outstanding balance every month.
- This card is not linked to any rewards program.
ANZ Low Rate Platinum review
With the ANZ Low Rate Platinum card, you get all the benefits of having a platinum card, without the higher rates and fees that typically go with it. There is a $99 annual fee and an ongoing interest rate of 11.49% p.a. on purchases. Plus you have the buying advantage that comes with Mastercard, one of the most widely accepted credit cards in the world.
Benefits of the ANZ Low Rate Platinum
Compare the benefits of a variety of platinum cards to make sure you choose the right one for your circumstances. When it comes to the ANZ Low Rate Platinum, these benefits should stand out:
- Balance transfer offer. If you apply for an ANZ Low Rate Platinum card and are approved, you can transfer your balances and pay 0% p.a. interest for 15 months with no balance transfer fee. Any unpaid balances at the end of the 15-months period will revert to the standard balance transfer rate of 21.74% p.a.
- Low interest rate. The 11.49% p.a. interest rate applied to purchases is competitive within the "low-rate" market. You are given up to 55 days after making the purchase before interest is applied. These interest-free days are only valid if you do not carry any balance on the card, including those from a balance transfer.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Travellers can take comfort in knowing they are covered for emergency medical and dental care while traveling overseas, and travel cancellations or lost luggage while travelling inside of Australia. You will also be protected from excessive rental car fees if you hire a vehicle from a major car rental company in Australia.
- Platinum Mastercard privileges. You'll have access to exclusive discounts on luxury spa retreats, car rentals, hotels and VIP access to just name a few.
- Included insurances. This card includes purchase protection, extended warranty coverage and a 21-day best price guarantee. This means if you find an item purchased with the ANZ card somewhere else for cheaper within 21 days, the difference in price will be refunded to you. Any purchase made with your ANZ platinum card is protected for 90 days from theft, loss, or breakage.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay and Google Pay let you use your Apple or Android device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card.
- 24/7 concierge service. As a Platinum cardholder, you have access to a personal concierge. This concierge is available to assist you at any time of the day or night, no matter where in the world you are, and will assist in organising and booking tickets, tours, transport and a range of other services.
Features of the ANZ Low Rate Platinum
In addition to looking at the benefits of different credit cards, you should also be comparing common features.
- Annual fee. You are charged $99 p.a. for the Platinum Mastercard from ANZ.
- PayPass. This feature allows you to pay at checkout for purchases under $100 simply by tapping your card against the terminal.
- Additional cardholders. Add up to 9 additional cardholders to the account for $0 each.
How to apply for the ANZ Low Rate Platinum
ANZ makes it easy to get your ANZ Platinum Card in time to qualify for the offer by letting you fill out the application online. This should take about ten minutes to complete, and once submitted ANZ will contact you to confirm its status.
Before you apply for this card, ensure you meet the following requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Earn a minimum of $35,000 a year before taxes
- Have a good credit history
- Be a permanent resident of Australia, or have a working, business, investor, student or special category visa (New Zealand citizens) with at least nine months remaining from the date of application.
ANZ will also need some identifying documents and details of your finances. Ensure you can provide them with the following.
- Identifying document such as your driver’s licence or passport
- Employer details or accountant details if you are self-employed
- A list of your income and assets
- Your liabilities and any debt related payments you make regularly
There is a lot to consider when looking at the ANZ Low Rate Platinum credit card. Not only are you getting the advantages of a platinum Mastercard, you are able to enjoy those with rates and fees that are lower than what you would expect.