Collect up to 2 ANZ Rewards Points per $1 spent plus enjoy 75,000 bonus Reward Points and $100 back with the ANZ Rewards Black credit card.
The ANZ Rewards Black credit card is designed to suit big spenders and high income earners (at least $75,000 p.a.) who want to be rewarded for paying with plastic. You can earn ANZ Rewards Points per $1 spent and will receive 75,000 bonus points and $100 back on your card after your first eligible spend.
Just as an example, you could redeem 75,000 ANZ Rewards Points for 37,500 Velocity Points or over $320 in Woolworths gift cards. Other exclusive benefits you can enjoy include complimentary insurances, airport lounge access and a 24/7 personal concierge.
|Product Name||ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||ANZ Rewards Program|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||18.79% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$375 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$375 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of cash advance amount or a minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of cash advance amount or a minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$65|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
- Receive 75,000 bonus Reward Points and $100 after you make one eligible purchase in the first 3 months.
- Earn up to 2 reward points per $1 when you make eligible purchases on your card.
- Enjoy complimentary extras including travel insurance, airport lounge access and a personal concierge.
- This card charges an annual fee of $375, which is relatively high.
- Additional cardholders attract a fee of $65 p.a. each. Some reward cards offer supplementary cardholders at no extra cost.
|Rewards Program||ANZ Rewards Program|
|Bonus Points||75,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||2|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of the ANZ Rewards Black credit card
- Bonus points. Receive 75,000 bonus Reward Points when you apply, are approved, and make an eligible purchase within the first 3 months from card approval. As an example, 75,000 Reward Points can be redeemed for 37,500 Velocity Points or $320 worth of David Jones gift cards (71,115 points).
- $100 back on your card. Get $100 back on your ANZ Rewards Black card when you make an eligible purchase within the first 3 months from card approval.
- Earn ANZ Rewards. This card boasts ANZ’s most competitive points earn rate. You’ll earn 2 ANZ Rewards Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $5,000 per statement period. You’ll then earn 1 Rewards Point per $1 spent for spending above $5,000.
- Redeeming points. If you belong to a partnered frequent flyer program, you can transfer your ANZ Rewards Points for airline loyalty points with Virgin Australia’s Velocity, Air New Zealand, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer or Cathay Pacific Asia Miles. You can also redeem your points for cashback, gift cards and a variety of merchandise via the ANZ Rewards store. See our ANZ Rewards guide for further information on how to earn and redeem your points.
- Complimentary insurance. Cardholders can take advantage of overseas travel and medical insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance and rental excess cover. Plus, shop with peace of mind thanks to extended warranty insurance, a best price guarantee scheme and 90-day purchase security insurance.
- Airport lounge passes. Wait for your next flight in style with unlimited access to participating Véloce airport lounges outside of Australia for you and your additional cardholders.
- Personal 24/7 concierge. You can access a personal concierge who can help you with anything from travel planning, travel advice, restaurant or hotel bookings or even picking out gifts for loved ones. You can contact your concierge on 1300 580 765 in Australia or, if you are overseas, on +61 2 8987 1677.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay let you use your Apple, Android or Samsung device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card.
Rates and fees you can expect from the ANZ Rewards Black credit card
- Annual fee. This card charges a $375 p.a. annual fee. This is broken down into a $320 Annual Account Fee and a $55 Rewards Program Service Fee.
- Purchase rate. Unless you repay your balance before the end of the statement period, your purchases will collect interest at a rate of 18.79% p.a., which is pretty standard among most black credit cards.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you’ll receive up to 55 interest-free days on future purchases.
- Foreign transaction fees. If you use this card to make foreign transactions overseas or when shopping online, you’ll be charged 3% of the transaction value.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 9 additional cardholders for a fee of $65 per cardholder. It comes at a cost, but this means you could use the card to manage your family or business expenses under the one account.
How to apply for the ANZ Rewards Black credit card
If you would like to apply for the ANZ Rewards Black credit card, follow the link to fill out ANZ’s online application form. The form will take 10-15 minutes to complete and you will receive a response within 60 seconds. You will need to meet the following requirements and include the necessary information to apply:
Eligibility criteria checklist
- Age. Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Income. You must earn at least $75,000 per year.
- Credit history. You need a good credit rating to receive approval.
- Residential status. You must be a permanent Australian resident, an Australian or New Zealand citizen or have a valid Australian 457 working visa and have at least nine months remaining from the date of application to apply.
Required documents and information
If you’re sure that you meet the eligibility criteria, make sure you can provide the following information and documents during the application:
- Proof of identification. You’ll be asked to provide a copy of your Australian driver’s licence (if applicable).
- Proof of employment. You’ll need to include information regarding your employment including your employer’s postal address and contact information.
- Self-employed information. If you are self-employed you will need to provide your accountant’s name and contact number as well as a copy of your most recent personal tax return and corresponding ATO Notice of Assessment.
- Pensioners, government benefits recipients and retirees. If you’re on a pension of receive a government benefit allowance, you’ll need to attach a recent statement from Centrelink or your most recent bank statement that show clearly labelled government income credits. If you’re retired, make sure to provide a copy of your Annual Investment Statement.
- Income. You’ll need to include details of your income, assets and liabilities as well as copies of recent payslips.
- Existing customer information. If you are already an ANZ customer you will need to provide your ANZ account number, which will help you complete your application faster.
When will I hear about my application?If you apply for the ANZ Rewards Black credit card online, you should receive a response within 60 seconds of submitting your completed form. If you’ve been approved, you can expect to receive your card in the mail within five business days.
The ANZ Rewards Black credit card offers premium perks including a high points earn rate, complimentary airport lounge passes and generous bonus Reward Points which can help outweigh the costs of the card. As this isn’t the only black rewards credit card on the market, it’s wise to compare your options before you apply.Back to top