ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card
Collect 130,000 bonus Reward Points and $150 back with a new ANZ Rewards Black credit card that's packed with perks.
The ANZ Rewards Black earns up to 2 ANZ Reward Points per $1 spent and offers extras including complimentary travel insurance and a personal concierge service.
If you're a new customer, you will also get 130,000 bonus points and $150 back when you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months from card approval.
Per $ spent
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card|
|Rewards program||ANZ Rewards Program|
|Balance transfer rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- 130,000 bonus Reward Points and $150 back
- Up to 2 Reward Points per $1 spent
- Complimentary extras including travel insurance and a personal concierge
- Charges a relatively high annual fee of $375
- Additional cardholders annual fee is $65 each
- Shopping overseas is subject to a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Rewards program||ANZ Rewards Program|
|Rewards points per $ spent||2|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$65|
|Number of additional cardholders||9|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
How to apply
If you've compared your options and picked the ANZ Rewards Black, you can apply online in around 5 minutes. Get started by checking that you meet the eligibility criteria listed below, as well as the documents and details you'll need to fill out the application.
- Residency requirement. Citizens and permanent residents of Australia are eligible to apply. If you are a non-Australian permanent resident, you must have an eligible working or business visa with at least 9 months remaining.
- New cardholder. To earn the bonus points, you must be a new ANZ Rewards customer. This means you must not currently hold an ANZ Rewards Black, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards credit card – and must not have opened or closed one of these accounts in the last 12 months.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Credit history. You need a good credit rating to receive approval. You can get your credit score and comprehensive credit report for free through Finder.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, residential address, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and contact number. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number or passport.
- Employment details. You'll need to provide your current job title, years in the job, salary information and your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you'll need to provide details of your work, as well as your accountant's contact details. You will also be asked for documentation to verify these details, such as recent payslips or tax assessment notices.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, such as superannuation payments and savings, as well as investments, debts and existing credit and loan accounts. You'll also need to provide an estimate of your regular household expenses, including rent or mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Bonus points. Receive 130,000 bonus Reward Points when you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months from card approval. As an example, 130,000 Reward Points can be redeemed for over $570 worth of Woolworths digital gift cards. The bonus points will be credited to your account within three months of the spend requirement being met.
- Cashback offer. Spend $2,000 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months and you'll also get $150 credited back to your new ANZ Rewards Black. The $150 credit will be applied to the purchases balance on your card within 3 months of meeting the spend requirement. Just keep in mind that it does not count as a payment towards your balance – so you'll still need to pay at least the minimum amount listed on your statement once the credit is applied.
- Points per $1 spent. This card boasts ANZ's most competitive points earn rate, offering 2 ANZ Reward Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $5,000 per statement period. You'll then earn 1 Reward Point per $1 spent for spending above $5,000. Eligible purchases include spending on groceries, petrol, dining, travel and other everyday items, but exclude transactions such as cash advances, fees, balance transfers and transactions for gambling or gaming purposes.
- ANZ Rewards options. If you belong to a partnered frequent flyer program, you can transfer your ANZ Reward Points for airline loyalty points with Air New Zealand Airpoints, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer or Asia Miles. You can also redeem your points for cashback on your account, gift cards and a variety of merchandise via the ANZ Rewards store. See the ANZ Rewards guide for further information on how to earn and redeem your points.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Use this card to pay for at least $250 of eligible overseas travel costs – such as airfares, cruise bookings, car hire, tours or accommodation – before the start of your trip and you can take advantage of international travel insurance. This card also offers interstate flight inconvenience insurance and rental vehicle excess in Australia insurance when you use your card for eligible spending and meet the other insurance requirements.
- Complimentary insurance for your shopping. Protect the items you buy with your ANZ Rewards Black with extended warranty insurance, guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase protection insurance.
- Personal 24/7 concierge. You can access a personal concierge who can help you with anything from travel planning, travel advice, restaurant or hotel bookings or even picking out gifts for loved ones. You can contact your concierge on 1300 580 765 in Australia or, if you are overseas, on +61 2 8987 1677.
- Mobile payment technology. You can add this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallets to make contactless payments from your compatible mobile device. You can also pay with your eligible fitness tracker thanks to Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
- Visa benefits. Get access to Visa's range of exclusive shopping and travel offers – such as hotel discounts or upgrades – which are listed on the Visa website and on the Visa Premium website. You can also enjoy exclusive ticket and experience offers through Visa Offers + Perks.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $375 annual fee. This includes a $320 Annual Account Fee and a $55 Rewards Program Service Fee.
- Purchase rate. Unless you repay your balance before the end of the statement period, your purchases will collect interest at a rate of 20.24% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your closing account balance in full by the statement due date, you'll receive up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Note that interest-free days are not available for cash advances or balance transfers.
- Foreign transaction fees. If you use this card to make purchases overseas or when shopping online with an overseas business, you'll be charged 3% of the transaction value.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 9 additional cardholders for a fee of $65 per cardholder.