American Express Qantas Corporate Card
Earn triple Qantas Points when you fly for business and earn Membership Rewards points per $1 spent.
The American Express Qantas Corporate card gives you a way to manage business spending, with no pre-set spending limit and online tools for expense management and additional cards for employees.
Per $ spent
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||American Express Qantas Corporate Card|
|Rewards program||Membership Rewards|
|Interest-free period||51 days|
|Card type||American Express|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Earn triple Qantas Points when you fly for business
- Earn 1.5 Membership Rewards points on most corporate spend
- No pre-set spending limit and up to 51 days cash flow
- Complimentary cover with Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Earn 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent (1 points / $1 with government bodies in Australia and 2 additional point on Qantas spend)
- Purchase interest rate of with up to 51 days interest-free
- Ongoing $70 annual fee on primary and additional cardholders
- Complimentary purchase and refund protection included
|Rewards program||Membership Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.5|
|Rewards points cap||Uncapped|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
While there is an $89 annual enrolment fee for Membership Rewards Spirit, it is one of the few card reward programs that offers transfers to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, along with all other Membership Rewards Frequent Traveller partners. Other card benefits include complimentary travel accident insurance, 24-hour emergency assistance while travelling and integration with the Concur ExpenseIt app.
How to apply
If you want to get the American Express Qantas Corporate card for your business, you can apply by filling out a request form on the American Express website. An American Express representative will then contact you within 2 business days to complete the application. To streamline the process, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the essential documents and details you'll need for the application.
- Company turnover. Your company's annual turnover must exceed $10 million if you want to apply for an American Express corporate card.
- Business details. Your company must have an active ABN (Australian Business Number).
- Residency status. The director of your company needs to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit checks. The company will be required to agree to a credit check as part of the application process. Individual cardholders linked to the account may also be required to consent to a credit check.
You will need to provide the company's last two years of financial statements
- Personal details. The business director or person with authority to apply for this corporate account needs to provide personal details such as their full name, work email address and contact number.
- Company details. This includes the registered name of the company, the company structure, its address and contact details.
- Financial details. You will need to provide the company's most recent yearly financial statements. You'll also need to include the name and contact details of your accountant.
- Employee details. If you want to request additional cards for employees, you'll need to include their names, contact details and positions in the company. Note that a $70 annual fee applies for each card.
- Membership Rewards. If you want to earn points through the Membership Rewards Spirit program, you can include these details on the application for both the primary card and any additional cards. Note that an annual rewards fee of $89 applies for each person enrolled in the Membership Rewards Spirit program.
- Triple Qantas Points on business flights. Use the American Express Qantas Corporate card to pay for eligible Qantas flights and you'll earn three times the number of Qantas Points through Qantas Business Rewards program. Eligible flights include domestic and international Qantas flights with a QF flight number when they are operated by Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines and booked through Qantas Business Rewards.
- Complimentary Qantas Business Rewards membership. You'll need to join this loyalty program to enjoy the triple Qantas Points offer on eligible flights. While this usually attracts a one-time fee of $89.50, you can sign up for free through this card. As well as allowing businesses to earn Qantas Points for eligible flights, the Qantas Business Rewards program offers points for eligible business spending, discounts on eligible Qantas flights and savings on Qantas Club memberships for employees.
- Membership Rewards Spirit. The American Express Qantas Corporate account gives you and any additional cardholders the option of enrolling in the Membership Rewards Spirit program. This allows you to collect points per $1 spent, which you can transfer to frequent flyer partners including Qantas Frequent Flyer and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, as well as hotel loyalty programs Hilton Honors or Marriott Bonvoy. You can also redeem your points for travel, gift cards, merchandise and more directly through the Membership Rewards program. Note that there is an annual rewards program fee of $89 per cardmember for this program.
- Points per $1 spent. If you choose to enrol in the Membership Rewards Spirit program, you'll earn 2 points per $1 spent on eligible Qantas products and services, 1.5 points per $1 spent on eligible business spending, utilities, insurance (excluding American Express policies) and telecommunications and 1 point per $1 spent with government bodies.
- Business travel accident insurance. Use this card to book business trips and you can get complimentary insurance against travel accidents for up to 30 days.
- Travel and emergency assistance. Book your business trips through the American Express Travel Service and you can enjoy worldwide assistance when you need to confirm travel plans, reschedule flights, make reservations or arrange some sightseeing. Plus, if you experience any issues when you're more than 200km from home, you can also call the Emergency Global Assist hotline to speak with an English-speaking lawyer, doctor or service provider for assistance with cash wires, lost luggage or passports.
- Expense and account management tools. Keep track of expenses, check policy compliance and create a range of reports through the American Express @ Work online platform. You can also use this platform to suspend, cancel or order cards. If you use Concur for expense claims, you can also sync the ExpenseIt app with your Amex app and get reminders to capture an image of relevant receipts.
- Mobile payments. You can add your card details to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay and make payments straight from your mobile phone or other compatible device.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The American Express Qantas Corporate charge card has an annual fee of $70 per card. It also charges an $89 annual fee to enrol in the Membership Rewards Spirit program.
- Spending limit. This card has no pre-set spending limit. Instead, purchases will be approved based on different factors including your current spending patterns, payment history and credit record.
- Repayments. As this is a charge card, there is no interest rate on the balance. Instead, you have up to 51 days to pay off purchases. The actual amount of days you have to settle payments is calculated based on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
- Account liability options. This account offers your company the choice between being liable for business charges or for all charges made on cards that are linked to the account. Note that you'll be protected against unauthorised transactions regardless of which liability option you choose.
- Security features. As well as cover for unauthorised transactions, this card offers online fraud protection and worldwide emergency card replacement within 48 hours.