With benefits including Double Qantas Points or a 2-5% Qantas Rebate up to $50,000, the American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card can turn corporate costs into Qantas perks and savings.
The American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card provides an efficient way to streamline your company’s cost management process. It also offers attractive rewards at company and employee levels.
|Product Name||American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Annual fee||$70 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 51 days on purchases|
|Card Type||American Express|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$70 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||$30 or 3%|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||0|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (AMEX)||0|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||0|
American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card review
If your company is looking to save on both cost management and travel expenses, the Qantas Corporate Green Card from American Express could be a worthwhile solution. This card is designed to simplify company cost management by providing a single account for spending across the business, with customisable credit limits and statements for individual cardholders.
It also gives you access to company-level rewards, including the 2-5% Qantas Rebate that could result in savings of up to $50,000 yearly, or the ability to earn Double Qantas Points. Under this card program, your company can choose to accumulate points from multiple cards into a central account, or nominate several employees to be enrolled into the program to enjoy the benefits of the rewards points earned.
Benefits of the American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card
The major perks of this corporate card include:
- Streamlined cost management and payments. This card helps reduce expenses related to complicated cost management systems, and simplifies multiple accounts into one easy payment.
- Double Qantas Points. If you opt to earn Double Qantas Points for Qantas’s business loyalty program, you will earn twice as many rewards for travel spending on Qantas, Emirates and American Airlines. This option offers a lot of value if most of your corporate travel involves international or domestic economy flights.
- Travel savings. If you opt for the Qantas Rebate, you can save 2-5% on your domestic and trans-Tasman business travel expenses annually. This only applies to flexible fares on qualifying flights with Qantas. You will receive your Qantas Rebate twice yearly.
- Access to multiple rewards programs. If you choose the Double Qantas Points option, employees can also earn Status Credits and American Express Membership Rewards Spirit Points if enrolled. If you choose the Qantas Rebate option, in addition to the rebate that the company receives, employees can also earn American Express Membership Rewards Spirit Points if enrolled.
- Membership Rewards. Employee cardmembers enrolled in this program can earn points on their everyday spending using the card. Points can be exchanged for a range of rewards including tech gadgets, home and lifestyle goods and online shopping at David Jones. You can also choose to transfer Membership Reward points to a wide range of frequent flyer programs, including Virgin Australia Velocity, Singapore Air KrisFlyer, Etihad Guest and Emirates Skywards.
- Mobile contactless payments. Whether you use an iPhone, Android or Samsung device, you can use Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay to make convenient contactless payments with your smartphone at the checkout.
Features of the American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card
- Annual fee. The American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card charges an annual fee per card of $70 or less, depending on the number of cards your company gets. Please see the fee schedule for more details.
- Interest rate. Since it is a charge card, there is no interest rate for this account. In essence, you will enjoy up to 51 days of interest-free credit, and pay only $30 or 3% of any outstanding amounts after that period, whichever is greater.
- Card limit. The corporate card limit as a whole can be up to 30% of your company’s annual turnover, dependent on a credit check.
- Cash and emergency cheque cashing. If enrolled in the Corporate Cash service, cardholders can withdraw cash from ATMs around the world. Such withdrawals are billed as charges and come with transaction fees. If you need to cash a personal cheque urgently, your Corporate Card acts as security and allows you to cash personal cheques of up to $1,000 each week in Australia or every three weeks when abroad at American Express Foreign Exchange Service Offices globally.
- Travel support services. Also enjoy access to traveller’s cheques and foreign exchange via the American Express Travel Exchange Service. If you make travel arrangements through the American Express Travel Service, they will take care of flight confirmations, tour bookings and hotel and car rental reservations.
- Emergency Global Assist. This service gives you access legal and medical help 24/7 virtually anywhere in the world. The Emergency Global Assist hotline service is available to you any time you’re more than 200 km away from home, for up to 90 days.
- Qantas Club membership special. Enjoy discounted rates on access to Qantas Club lounges and partner airline and associated lounges globally, as well as other Qantas Club premium services and privileges.
- Discounted Qantas meeting room rates. Enjoy discounted rates when you book Qantas meeting rooms with your American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card.
- Online and mobile management tools. Access your account online anywhere at anytime, manage your entire company’s card program, set spending limits for cards and sync your billing and payment dates to match payroll schedules all on your smart device.
- Custom card liability and protection. This card gives you two liability options. You can choose combined liability to ensure the company is only liable for business expenses while the employee is liable for personal expenses, or choose corporate liability to make the company liable for all charges. Standard card protection applies to protect cardmembers and the company from fraudulent card use.
- Business travel accident insurance. Enjoy complimentary travel insurance automatically when you purchase travel tickets with your American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card.
How to apply for the American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card
If you’re interested in applying for the American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card, you can do so by completing the online form. But first, make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements for joining the Corporate Card Program.
- Your company’s annual turnover must exceed $5 million
- Your company is required to have an ABN
- The director of your company needs to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You will need to provide the company’s last two years of financial statements
- Cardholders will be subject to a routine verification process by Equifax, but the credit check that is conducted for determining your application’s success is a credit check on the company itself
You’ll need to fill out the online form with the following details:
- First and last name
- Company email address
- Phone number
- Postal code
- Registered company name
- Annual company turnover
- Whether your company is a trust
- Whether your company is a sole trader
Once you’ve filled out the form and submitted it, an American Express service representative will be in touch within two business days. Alternatively, you can call American Express to speak with someone immediately.
The American Express Qantas Corporate Green Card offers large businesses a centralised account, cash flow flexibility and a wide range of travel benefits. If you're considering this type of card for your company, make sure you compare other options to find the right account for your needs.Back to top