Repay your debt faster with 0% p.a. for 20 months on balance transfers with a Westpac Low Rate Credit Card.
If you're looking to pay off a credit card debt and want a competitive low rate card to do it on, this card is worth considering. You'll have 20 interest-free months to pay off your debt.
Westpac Low Rate Credit Card review
This low rate card option from Westpac offers you a convenient line of credit that won't charge you much in the form of interest or fees. When you use your card for purchases, you'll be charged a competitive rate of 13.49% p.a., and the card also comes with a relatively low annual fee. The low-cost nature of the card extends to the generous balance transfer offer. Read more about these features below and find out if this card is right for you.
Benefits of the Westpac Low Rate Credit Card
- Balance transfer offer. If you're looking to take advantage of 0% p.a. for 20 months on balance transfers, you will need to apply for a new Westpac Low Rate Credit Card before 31 January 2018. Note that a 2% balance transfer fee applies. At the end of the promotional period, any remaining balances will revert to the variable cash advance rate.
Features of the Westpac Low Rate Credit Card
- Purchase rate. As this is a 'low rate' card, the rate you'll be charged when you use your card to make purchases is very competitive. This card carries a rate of 13.49% p.a.
- Annual fee. This card comes with an annual fee of $59.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full, including any amount you have outstanding from a balance transfer, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Additional cardholders. Looking to share the benefits of this card? You can add an additional cardholder to your account for no extra charge. The only requirement is that they're over the age of 16.
- Secure spending. You can enjoy various security features with this card, including a round-the-clock fraud protection which monitors your card for unusual transactions. Westpac also offer a money-back guarantee if your card is used fraudulently and you aren't found at fault for the loss.
- Contactless payments. You can use your card to make payWave purchases for transactions under $100 — no need to enter your PIN.
How to apply for the Westpac Low Rate Credit Card
Want to take advantage of this Westpac Low Rate deal? First, check the eligibility criteria and required documents to make sure you're ready to complete your application. Once done, fill out the online application form.
- You need to be over the age of 18
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You must have a good credit history
- You need to earn at least $15,000 p.a.
- You'll need to provide certain personal information, such as your name and address, as well as documents verifying your identity, such as your driver's licence number.
- Westpac will require you to list your income, assets, expenses and liabilities.
- You're required to provide details of your current employment.