Earn 40,000 bonus Qantas Points when you make your first business purchase with the Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum.
The Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum credit card is linked to the Qantas Business Rewards program (formerly Aquire) and offers Qantas Points for your business purchases. It also allows you to streamline your spending with up to 10 additional cards. If you pay your balances in full by the due date on your statement, you can also enjoy up to 45 interest-free days on purchases.
In addition to these features, this card offers complimentary travel insurance, purchase insurance and business-related insurance. Other business credit cards from Westpac that offer rewards include the Altitude Business Gold credit card and the Altitude Business Platinum credit card.
|Product Name||Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Business Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||18.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||28 March 2018|
|Annual fee||$150 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||18.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$150 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$150|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||10|
- Receive 40,000 bonus Qantas Points if you apply by 28 March 2018, are approved and make the first eligible purchase.
- The Qantas Business Rewards program joining fee is waived (a saving of $89.50) for new cardholders.
- You not only get complimentary purchase insurance, but you also get complimentary business-related insurance.
- The interest-free period on purchases made on your card is only up to 45 days as opposed to the most common offer of 55 days interest-free.
- A high annual fee of $150 applies.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Business Rewards|
|Bonus Points||40,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.67|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum credit card review
This business credit card from Westpac offers 40,000 bonus points when you make your first purchase, as long as you get your card before 28 March 2018. It also offers 1 Qantas Point per $1.50 spent on eligible business purchases.
As well as offering Qantas Points for your Qantas Business Rewards account, this card comes with a number of complimentary insurances, including overseas travel cover and purchase protection insurance. This account offers up to 10 cardholders, with individual card limits starting from $2,000. Each card attracts an annual fee of $150.
Benefits of the Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum credit card
- Bonus points offer. Apply for a new BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Card by 28 March 2018 and receive 40,000 Qantas Points within 60 days of your first purchase.
- Earn 0.67 points for every $1 spent. Every cardholder under the account can earn these reward points when making eligible purchases in-store or online.
- Points credited to Business Rewards account. The Qantas Points your business earns are credited to your Qantas Business Rewards account. When you have at least 3,000 points, they can be transferred and redeemed through any individual Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- Travel-related insurances. If you use this card to purchase overseas flight tickets, overseas travel insurance provides cover to you, your spouse and dependent children for up to 3 months. Other complimentary travel-related insurances include interstate flight inconvenience insurance and transit accident insurance.
- Business-related insurances. Business inconvenience insurance offers protection of up to $10,000 per year against invasion during business hours, and up to $10,500 to cover hiring expenses incurred in replacing any cardholder. Account holder's unauthorised transaction insurance offers automatic cover against unauthorised transactions that cardholders might make in a one-year period. This limits to $150,000 per account holder and $20,000 for each cardholder.
- Purchase-related insurances. If you lose or damage an item you purchase using this card within 90 days, you can take advantage of purchase security insurance that offers cover of up to $5,000. Extended warranty insurance works by extending warranty of eligible items you buy using this card. Account holder's guaranteed pricing scheme cover offers a price guarantee for purchases that exceed $350.
- Simplified expenses. You can set individual credit limits for each card linked to the account and keep track of spending across the business. This account also allows you to export your transactions into MYOB and BAS.
Features of the Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum credit card
This card offers more than rewards and free insurance covers, as businesses can benefit by the following as well.
- Annual fee. Pay an annual fee of $150 for the primary card as well as each subsequent additional card.
- Fraud Money Back Guarantee. Contact Westpac immediately upon finding out about fraudulent transactions, and get reimbursed through the Westpac fraud money back guarantee.
- Up to 45 days interest-free. Benefit from up to 45 interest-free days on purchases as long as you pay your balance off in full by the due date on each billing cycle.
- Contactless technology. This card allows you to "tap and go" without PIN verification for purchases under $100. For larger business spending, you simply tap your card and enter the PIN when prompted.
- Westpac Business Online Banking. This service gives you the ability to access account details from anywhere in the world. If you're the primary cardholder, you can also get copies of individual card statements, set spending limits and customise the types of transactions each cardholder can make.
How to apply for the Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum credit card
You can begin the application process for the Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Credit Card over the phone or through the online application. Before applying, bear in mind you have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a permanent resident of Australia.
- Your business is registered in Australia.
- You are not under or considering entering into a recovery agreement or debt refinancing.
- You are not considering filing for bankruptcy.
As part of the application process you would also have to submit information that can establish your identity as well as that of your business. As a result, prepare to part with the following information:
- Your name and contact details
- Name of your business along with contact details
- Nature of business (sole trader, partnership, domestic public company, trust)
- Your Australian Business Number (ABN) or your Australian Company Number (ACN)
- Number of employees
If you want to benefit from the day-to-day expenses that your business incurs, applying for the Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Credit Card can be an option for you. Keep in mind that given there are other cards with similar features, so make sure you compare the market to get a good deal.Back to top