Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard
Enjoy 90,000 bonus Qantas Points and complimentary insurance covers with the Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard.
The Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard is linked to the Qantas Business Rewards program, allowing you to earn Qantas Points on eligible business purchases.
Per $ spent (Visa/Mastercard)
- 90,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend at least $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days
- A waived Qantas Business Rewards program joining fee (a saving of $89.50) for new cardholders
- Complimentary travel, purchase, and business-related insurance covers
- Charges a 3% of transaction value foreign transaction fee
Sally McMullen is Finder's credit cards and frequent flyer editor by day and a music maven by night. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone.
With 90,000 Qantas Points, you could fly return from Melbourne to Los Angeles in economy class (41,900 points each way) or return in economy from Sydney to Shanghai (31,500 points each way), just to give you a few examples. As there are other business frequent flyer credit cards that offer similar-sized bonus points promotions, make sure to compare your options before you apply.
How to apply
You can apply for the BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard online in 20 minutes. Before you apply, make sure that your business meets the spend requirements and that you have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Eligible business representative. You must be a business owner, trustee or company director to apply on behalf of your organisation.
- Business purposes. You must confirm that you're intending to use the card for business or investment purposes.
- Residency. You must be an Australian permanent resident.
- Age. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Personal details. This includes your name, date of birth and contact details.
- Business information. You'll need to confirm the name of the organisation and whether it's a sole trader, partnership, domestic public company or trust. You'll also need to provide information regarding the businesses' finances including assets, liabilities, expenses and after-tax income from the previous year.
- ABN. You'll be asked to provide your Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN).
- Accountant. You'll need to provide your accountant or financial secretary's contact details.
- Bonus Qantas Points offer. Receive 90,000 Qantas Points when you apply for a new BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard, get approved by 27 November 2019 and spend at least $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days from card approval. The bonus points will be credited to your account within 90 days of meeting the spend criteria.
- Earn Qantas Points on business expenses. You and your additional cardholders can earn Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible business purchases. You'll collect 0.33 points per $1 spent on government transactions (such as ATO payments). The points will be credited to your Qantas Business Rewards account. When you have at least 3,000 points, they can be transferred to and redeemed through any individual Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- Additional cardholders. Easily track and manage employee spending when you request additional cardholders and set individual credit limits from $1,000 on up to 10 cards.
- Simplified tax reporting. You can export your transactions into MYOB and BAS easily. You can also download your transactions into excel to analyse your expenses.
- Complimentary travel insurance. If you use this card to purchase overseas return tickets, you can take advantage of international travel insurance that covers you, your spouse and dependent children travelling with you for up to 3 months. Other complimentary insurances include interstate flight inconvenience insurance and transit accident insurance.
- Business-related insurances. Through business inconvenience insurance, you'll receive cover for up to $10,000 per year if your business premises are invaded during business hours and up to $10,500 to cover hiring expenses incurred in replacing any cardholder. Account holder's unauthorised transaction insurance offers automatic cover against unauthorised transactions that cardholders might make in a one-year period. This is limited to $150,000 per account holder and $20,000 for each cardholder.
- Purchase insurance. If you lose or damage an item purchased using this card within 90 days, you can take advantage of purchase security insurance that offers cover of up to $5,000. You can also receive extended warranty on eligible items purchased with the card. If you purchase an item valued at at least $350 and find it available somewhere else for a price different greater than $75, you'll be reimbursed the difference under the guaranteed pricing scheme.
- Platinum concierge. Your personal Westpac platinum concierge service can help you with anything from booking a business trip to organising a work event and more.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $150 annual fee for the primary card and each subsequent additional card.
- Purchase interest rate. You'll be charged a 20.24% p.a. interest rate on purchases.
- Cash advances. If you use your card to make a cash advance, such as an ATM withdrawal, you'll immediately attract the 20.24% p.a. cash advance interest rate and a $2.50 cash advance fee.
- Fraud Money Back Guarantee. If your account is used for fraudulent transactions, you'll be reimbursed through the Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee so long as you meet the terms and conditions.
- Up to 55 days interest-free. When you pay your balance in full by the due date each billing cycle, you can save with up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Contactless technology. You can use your card to tap and go without PIN verification for purchases under $100. For larger transactions, you can tap your card and enter the PIN when prompted.
- Westpac Live Online Banking. You can use the online banking platform to access your account on the go. If you're the primary cardholder, you can get copies of individual card statements and set spending limits through your online account.