Apply as a new cardholder by 30 April 2024 and spend $4,000 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days from approval and you'll earn 70,000 bonus Velocity Points. You'll also earn 0.5 Velocity Points per $1 for your everyday spending with the Westpac Altitude Platinum when you choose to earn points directly through the Velocity Frequent Flyer program.
Westpac Altitude Platinum – Velocity
- Bonus points
- Purchase rate
- 19.99% p.a.
- Reward points per $ spent
- Annual fee for the first year ($250 p.a. thereafter)
- $174 p.a.
70,000 bonus Velocity Points
Discounted $174 first-year annual fee ($250 p.a. thereafter)
Ability to earn uncapped Velocity Points
2 complimentary Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers per year
Only offers up to 45 days interest-free on purchases, as opposed to most cards with 55 days
0.5 Velocity Points per $1 spent is relatively low
|Product Name||Westpac Altitude Platinum Velocity|
|Purchase rate p.a.||19.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.49%|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$50,000|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Rewards program||Velocity Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.5|
|Annual fee||$174 first year ($250 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
How to apply
You can apply for the Westpac Altitude Platinum – Velocity card online in around 10 minutes. Start by checking that you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the details and documents you'll need to fill out the application form.
- New customer. The bonus points offer is only available to new cardholders.
- Residency. This card is available to permanent Australian residents.
- Income. To apply for this card, you must earn at least $30,000 per year.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your name, email address, living arrangements and a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number, Medicare card number or passport details.
- Employment details. This covers your current employment status, job title, salary and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide supporting documentation such as recent payslips, bank statements or tax assessment notices.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income such as pensions or government payments, as well as savings and investments. You'll also need to share details of your existing debts and financial responsibilities, including an estimate of your living costs such as rent/mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Frequent flyer membership details. You'll be given the choice of earning points through the Altitude Rewards program, Altitude Velocity, or Altitude Qantas. If you're an existing member of Velocity Frequent Flyer, you will be prompted to enter your membership number when you choose this option.
- 70,000 bonus Velocity Points. You'll get 70,000 bonus Velocity Points when you apply for the Westpac Altitude Platinum – Velocity by 30 April 2024 and spend at least $4,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval.
- Discounted first-year annual fee. Save with a reduced annual fee of $174 for the first year when you apply by 30 April 2024. This includes both the card annual fee and an annual Velocity Rewards fee, and reverts to $250 after the first year.
- Economy X Seat Upgrade vouchers every year. When you add your membership number to your account and make a direct spend with Virgin Australia on your card, you will receive 2 vouchers for Economy X Seat Upgrades for eligible domestic flights to use for yourself and/or other passengers travelling on the same itinerary. The vouchers will be added to your account within 10 days of meeting the spend requirement and can be redeemed by calling 1300 038 373 at least 24 hours prior to your flight.
- Rewards program. With your Altitude Platinum - Velocity credit card, you will earn 0.5 Velocity points per $1 you spend on eligible purchases, uncapped. Eligible purchases cover most of your everyday spending, however, transactions that won't earn points include cash advances, balance transfers, BPAY payments and payments to the Australian Taxation Office.
- Complimentary insurances. You get a wide range of insurance covers with your platinum credit card. You can benefit from overseas travel insurance that includes medical expenses, lost or damaged property, personal liability, and more. You'll also enjoy transit accident insurance, purchase security insurance and extended warranty coverage.
- Additional cardholder. Earn points faster by adding 1 additional cardholder for $0.
- Mobile payment technology. You can link your Westpac Altitude Platinum - Velocity credit card with Samsung Pay or Google Pay to make contactless payments at the checkout with your Samsung or Android device. You can also use your fitness tracker via Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, the Westpac Altitude Platinum – Velocity card charges a total annual fee of $250. This is made up of the $175 standard annual fee plus the $75 Velocity opt-in fee.
- Purchase rate. This credit card charges a variable interest rate of 19.99% p.a. on purchases.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 45 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Cash advance rate. This card charges a variable interest rate of 21.49% p.a. for cash advance transactions.
- Foreign transaction fee. A 3% fee applies for any transactions made in a foreign currency.
- Minimum credit limit. This card has a minimum credit limit of $6,000.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked