Westpac Altitude Black – Velocity
Receive up to 120,000 bonus Velocity Points and yearly complimentary Economy X Seat Upgrade vouchers with the Westpac Altitude Black.
The Westpac Altitude Black - Velocity is packed with rewards and premium perks including complimentary lounge passes, travel insurance covers, a personal concierge service and Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers.
When you apply before 05 August 2020 and spend $4,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of card approval, you will receive 90,000 bonus Velocity Points and an additional 30,000 points after the first eligible purchase has been made in the second year (120,000 points total).
Per $ spent
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Westpac Altitude Black - Velocity|
|Rewards program||Velocity Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||6.99% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||20.49% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||45 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Max credit limit||$75,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- Receive up to 120,000 bonus Velocity Points when you meet the spend requirement
- 2 complimentary Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers each year
- 2 complimentary domestic Virgin Australia lounge passes per year
- Complimentary insurance covers including overseas travel, extended warranty and purchase security
- Charges a high combined annual fee of $300
- Only offers up to 45 days interest-free on purchases, compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days
|Rewards program||Velocity Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.75|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
How to applyYou can apply for the Westpac Altitude Black - Velocity card online and receive a response in 60 seconds. Before you start, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- New customer. To be eligible for the bonus points offer, you cannot hold or have held a Westpac rewards card in the previous 12 months.
- Residency. This card is available to permanent Australian residents.
- Income. To apply for this card, you must earn at least $75,000 per year.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. You can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to 3 Australian credit, charge or store cards not issued by Westpac.
- Personal details. This includes your name, email address, living arrangements and a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number, Medicare card number or passport details.
- Employment details. This covers your current employment status, job title, salary and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide supporting documentation such as recent payslips, bank statements or tax assessment notices.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income such as pensions or government payments, as well as savings and investments. You'll also need to share details of your existing debts and financial responsibilities, including an estimate of your living costs such as rent/mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Frequent flyer membership details. You'll be given the choice of earning points through the Altitude Rewards program, Altitude Velocity, or Altitude Qantas. If you're a member of Velocity Frequent Flyer, you will be prompted to enter your membership number when you choose this option.
- Balance transfer information. To transfer a balance you'll need to provide the account numbers of the cards you'd like to transfer, the provider's biller codes and the debt amounts.
- Up to 120,000 bonus Velocity Points. When you apply for a Westpac Altitude Black credit card by 05 August 2020, are approved, and spend at least $4,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of card approval, you will receive 90,000 bonus Velocity Points. You'll get another 30,000 points after making your first eligible purchase in the second year. Your points will be added to your account within 12 weeks after you've met the spend requirement.
- Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers each year. When you add your membership number to your account and make a direct spend with Virgin Australia on your card, you will receive 2 vouchers for Economy X Seat Upgrades for eligible domestic flights each year to use for yourself and/or other passengers travelling on the same itinerary. The vouchers will be added to your account within 10 days of meeting the spend requirement and can be redeemed by calling 1300 038 373 at least 24 hours prior to your flight.
- Uncapped points. Earn 0.75 Velocity Points per $1 spent in Australia and with overseas merchants. You can redeem your rewards for Virgin Australia flights, upgrades and many more.
- Virgin Australia lounge passes. Enjoy two complimentary single-entry Virgin Australia domestic airport lounge invitations when you make a direct spend with Virgin Australia each year from card opening. You'll receive your invitations within 10 days of meeting the eligible spend.
- Complimentary insurance covers. This card comes with a range of complimentary insurances including overseas travel insurance, transit accident insurance, purchase security insurance and extended warranty insurance.
- Westpac Concierge. Your 24/7 Westpac Concierge service can help you with anything from booking restaurants, securing concert tickets or planning an event. You can make requests over the phone by calling 1300 651 999.
- Mobile wallets. If you link your card with Samsung Pay or Google Pay, you can use your eligible smartphone or smartwatch to make contactless mobile payments at the checkout. You can also use your fitness tracker via Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay.
- Balance transfer offer. Apply by 05 August 2020 and save on interest costs when paying off existing debt with 6.99% balance transfer offer for up to 12 months with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a total annual fee of $300. This is made up of a $250 annual card fee plus $50 Velocity Rewards fee.
- Purchase interest rate. The variable interest rate on purchases is 20.49% p.a.
- Cash advances. If you use the card to make a cash advance (such as an ATM withdrawal), you'll attract the 21.49% p.a. interest rate (variable). You'll also be charged the cash advance fee of 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 45 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Foreign transaction fee. When you spend in a foreign currency on this card you will be charged 3% of the transaction value.