Fly high with 80,000 introductory bonus points, exclusive flight benefits and a low rate balance transfer offer from Virgin Australia.
The promotional offer for the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card gives you three good reasons to consider this rewards card. Earn up to 80,000 bonus points by meeting certain spending conditions, plus transfer your balances and receive a discounted interest rate for up to a year. This means you not only get opportunities to save money, you get a big push towards your reward dream.
|Product Name||Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card - 80k Bonus Points offer|
|Rewards Program||Velocity Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 15 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (20.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||2 September 2018|
|Annual fee||$289 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$289 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $30 (whichever is greater)|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||$2.70 per transaction on cash advance <$100; 2.7% of the transaction amount for $100 & over|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$89|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- Enjoy up to 80,000 bonus Velocity Points when you meet the spend requirement.
- Receive an exclusive $129 Virgin Australia Gift Voucher and two complimentary Single Entry Virgin Australia domestic Lounge passes each year.
- The balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. interest charged for 15 months is competitive for a credit card in the platinum range.
- You are eligible for up to 4 additional cardholders on this account.
- This card has a high additional cardholder fee of $89 p.a.
- There is no difference in interest charged when you withdraw money from the ATM and when you use your card to make a purchase.
|Rewards Program||Velocity Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||80,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||8,000|
Benefits of using a Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card
Unique benefits to the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card make it a rewards card that is worth taking a closer look at:
- Rewards program. The Velocity Frequent Flyer program is an award winning system that allows you to earn points when shopping with their many partners. Not only are points good towards airfare, you earn points when you fly, use their car hire partners or stay at one of their recommended hotels. Redeeming points is easy too, whether you want to put them towards your holiday airfare expenses or shop for merchandise at the Velocity Store. You'll earn 3 Velocity Points per $1 on transactions with Virgin Australia. Other standard eligible purchases will earn 1 Velocity Point per $1 up to $8,000 per month and then 0.5 Points for every $1 spent thereafter.
- Bonus points. Once your card has been activated, you will receive 80,000 bonus points if you make a purchase in the first three months. Spend $3,000 on the card during that time and you will get an additional 10,000 points.
- Complimentary insurance. Insurance is provided for your travel plans, including Complimentary International Travel Insurance for you, your spouse and children and when you use the card to pay for your overseas flights. You are also covered in the event of an accident while abroad with Transit Accident Insurance. Your purchased goods are also covered if stolen, lost or broken, plus you get the advantage of a Guaranteed Pricing Scheme which will pay you the difference if you find an item you recently purchased being offered for less than what you spent.
- Interest free days. You will get 44 interest free days on your purchases. Just ensure that you are able to pay the balance in full when your statement arrives.
- Fly with a friend with Exclusive Flight Benefits. Make an eligible purchase on your card within two months before requesting your voucher to unlock your benefit and you'll receive an exclusive $129 Virgin Australia Gift Voucher each year. You may use your voucher for booking your Virgin Australia flights or selected Virgin Australia holiday packages anytime within the first 6 months from voucher issue date. You’ll also be able to enjoy two complimentary Single Entry Virgin Australia domestic Lounge passes each year.
- Balance transfer. You can consolidate your other credit card balances to this one and pay only 0% p.a. per annum (p.a.) interest for 15 months. Any unpaid balance left at the end of that year will be subject to the cash advance rate of 20.99% p.a.
Features of the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card
When you are looking at the details for the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card, don’t forget to check the following features against other rewards cards:
- Annual fee. This card attracts an annual fee of $289.
- Additional cards. You will pay $89 for each card added to the account for family members to use. This rate is also reduced to $44, but only for the first year.
- Minimum credit limit. Depending on your income, the credit limit begins at $15,000.
- Purchase interest rate. Purchases made are charged at 20.74% p.a.
- Cash advance interest rate. If you use the card to obtain cash, that balance will be charged an interest rate of 20.99% p.a.
- Cash advance fee. There is also a fee of $2.70 per transaction on cash advance <$100; 2.7% of the transaction amount for $100 & over for each cash advance transaction. You are also limited to withdrawing only $1,000 per day.
- Card type. This is a Visa credit card, allowing you to make purchases at millions of locations around the world.
- Foreign currency exchange fee. Purchases made that require a currency exchange are charged 3.3% of the Australian dollar value.
How to apply for the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card
If the benefits and features of the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card are just what you are looking for, you can apply online. There are some eligibility requirements with this card that you should make sure you meet first.
- Only applicants over the age of 18 will be approved for this card.
- Your annual income has to be at least $75,000.
- This offer is only available for Australian residents.
- You will need to have a good credit rating with no recent declines for credit.
- Your current income along with your monthly living expenses.
- The outstanding balances and credit limits on any open credit accounts.
- If you are not already an Velocity Frequent Flyer club member you can sign up for free at the time of application.
- If you plan on taking advantage of the balance transfer offer, have the account numbers, institution name and amount ready.
Virgin Australia gives you a lot to think about if you are looking for a complete credit card with travel benefits. As a part of an award winning Frequent Flyer program, this card can really take you places.