Save with 0% interest for 16 months on balance transfers with the St.George Vertigo Visa Card.
The St.George Vertigo Visa is a low rate credit card designed to help you save money on both purchases and existing debt. Cardholders can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases and a competitive 13.74% p.a. purchase interest rate.
If you're looking to repay existing debt, you can take advantage of 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for up to 16 months with no balance transfer fee. Apply by 26 September 2018 to take advantage of this offer.
|Product Name||St.George Vertigo Visa|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 16 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||13.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||26 September 2018|
|Annual fee||$55 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$55 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10 whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- This card offers an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 16 months with no balance transfer fee to help minimise interest repayments.
- The interest rate on purchases is competitively low.
- You can get an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- You cannot earn rewards for your spending.
Benefits of using a St.George Vertigo Visa
- Balance transfer offer. Apply by 26 September 2018 and save money on debt consolidation with a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer for up to 16 months with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate. You can transfer up to 80% of your approved credit limit from up to 3 cards not issued by St.George, BankSA or Bank of Melbourne.
- Competitive variable purchase rate. The standard interest rate on purchases is 13.74% p.a. (variable).
- Up to 55 interest-free days. Take advantage of up to 55 days of interest-free shopping. Just make sure you pay your closing balance in full at the end of your statement period to enjoy this offer.
- Free additional card. Request a secondary St.George Vertigo Visa Card for a family member without any additional fees.
Features of the St.George Vertigo Visa Credit Card
- Annual fee. This card attracts a standard annual fee of $55.
- Cash advance rate. If you make a cash withdrawal, cash-equivalent transaction or have debt remaining at the end of the balance transfer period, you will be charged interest at 19.49% p.a.
- Currency conversion fee. If you use the card overseas or with an international online retailer you will be charged 3% of the Australian dollar value per transaction.
How to apply for the St.George Vertigo Visa Card
To start the application process, simply complete an online application form. But before you do that, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the required documents and details on hand.
- Age. You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply.
- Personal details. This may include your full name, contact information and proof of your identity such as your driver’s licence.
- Employment details. This includes your role, the length of your employment and your employer's name and contact details.
- Financial details. You must provide your income information, plus details of your savings, investment and assets.
The St.George Vertigo Visa Card offers competitive interest rates and fees, without many extras. As there are other low rate cards on the market, be sure to compare a range of options so you can find and apply for the right card for you.Back to top