St.George Vertigo Classic Card
Save with a 0% interest rate on balance transfers for 28 months with no balance transfer fee.
The Vertigo Classic card is a low rate card designed to help you save on costs, with its $55 annual fee and a competitive interest rate of 13.99% p.a. on purchases. If you apply by 28 September 2021, you can also take advantage of an introductory 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 28 months with no balance transfer fee.
Balance transfer rate
for 28 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||St.George Vertigo Classic|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 28 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||13.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- Balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 28 months with no BT fee
- Competitive purchase interest rate of 13.99% p.a.
- Additional cardholder at no extra cost
- The balance transfer rate reverts to the 21.49% p.a. cash advance rate at the end of the introductory period
- No rewards program
- Does not offer travel perks or insurance covers
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply for the St.George Vertigo Classic credit card in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you apply, make sure that you've met the eligibility requirements and have the necessary details to complete the application:
- Eligible balance transfer. If you're interested in taking advantage of the balance transfer offer, it is important to note that any balance transfer debt needs to be from a card (or cards) that are not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne, or BankSA. You are allowed to transfer from $200 up to 80% of your credit limit.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- New cardholder. The balance transfer offer is only available when you apply for the St.George Vertigo Classic Card as a new cardholder before 28 September 2021.
- Personal details. This may include your full name, contact information and proof of your identity such as your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Employment. This includes your role, the length of your employment and your employer's name and contact details.
- Finances. You'll be asked to confirm your annual income, plus details of your savings, investment and assets.
- Balance transfer information. If you're requesting a balance transfer, you'll need to provide details regarding the accounts you're moving it from and the size of debt you're transferring.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 28 months. Apply by 28 September 2021 and save money when paying off your credit card debt with 0% p.a. balance transfer offer for the first 28 months, with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate. You can transfer up to 80% of your approved credit limit and consolidate debt from up to 3 cards not issued by St.George, BankSA or Bank of Melbourne. You can only take advantage of this offer if you request the balance transfer when you're applying for the card.
- Competitive purchase rate. The variable interest rate on purchases is 13.99% p.a.
- Free additional card. Request a secondary St.George Vertigo Classic card for a family member without paying any additional fees.
- Mobile payment technology. Use your phone or other compatible Apple, Android or Samsung devices to make tap and go payments. Simply add this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card attracts an annual fee of $55 p.a.
- Cash advance rate. If you withdraw cash from an ATM, make a cash-equivalent transaction or have debt remaining at the end of the balance transfer period, you will be charged interest at 21.49% p.a.
- Currency conversion fee. If you use the card overseas or with an international online retailer, you will be charged 3% of the Australian dollar value per transaction.
- Interest-free period. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.