Save with 0% interest for 12 months on balance transfers and 0% p.a. on purchases for 6 months with the St.George Vertigo Visa Card.
The St.George Vertigo Visa is a low rate credit card designed to help you save money on both purchases and existing debt. New cardholders can enjoy 0% p.a. interest on purchases for 6 months before the standard variable rate of 13.24% p.a. kicks in.
If you're looking to repay your debt, you can also take advantage of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months. After that, the low standard variable purchase rate will apply to any balance remaining. Apply before 1 May 2017 to take advantage of these offers.
|Product Name||St.George Vertigo Visa|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (13.24% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months (reverts to 13.24% p.a.)|
|Offer end date||1 May 2017|
|Annual fee||$55 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10 whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Min Credit Limit||$500|
|Max Credit Limit||$40,000|
|Annual Fee||$55 p.a.|
|Minimum Repayment||2% or $10 whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Over Limit Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the cash advance amount or $2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$52.50|
|Overseas ATM Balance check||$0|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)||3% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Gambling Transactions Interest Rate||Cash Advance Rate|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0 p.a.|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
|Internet Banking Transfers||Yes|
- This card offers a balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 12 months to help minimise interest repayments.
- You can save money with its 0% p.a. for 6 months introductory offer on purchases.
- Pay a low annual fee of just $55.
- The interest rate on purchases is one of the lowest in the market.
- You cannot earn rewards for your spending.
- A variable purchase rate of 13.24% p.a. will apply for the remaining balances after the promotional period ends.
St.George Vertigo Visa Card review
The St.George Vertigo Visa Card is a no-frills option that has a competitive annual fee of $55, a low ongoing variable purchase rate of 13.24% p.a. and up to 55 days interest-free. It also comes with a 0% balance transfer offer for 12 months and a purchase rate offer of 0% p.a. for 6 months when you apply before 1 May 2017.
As a Visa card, you can use the St.George Vertigo for purchases in-store and online at millions of locations worldwide. You can also take advantage of Visa payWave contactless technology and exclusive ticket and lifestyle offers through Visa Entertainment.
Benefits of using a St.George Vertigo Visa
- Balance transfer offer. Apply before 1 May 2017 and save money on debt consolidation with a 0% balance transfer offer for 12 months.
- Balance transfer revert rate. While many balance transfer credit cards revert to a high cash advance rate once the introductory period ends, the St.George Vertigo Visa reverts to the low ongoing variable purchase rate of 13.24% p.a. So if you don't pay off your balance by the end of the 0% period, you could still save on interest when compared to other cards.
- Introductory purchase rate offer. Keep your interest costs to a minimum with 0% on purchases for 6 months. Offer ends on 1 May 2017.
- Up to 55 interest-free days. Take advantage of up to 55 days of interest-free shopping. Just make sure you pay your closing balance in full at the end of your statement period to enjoy this offer.
- Convenient card management. You can easily manage your account with Internet or mobile banking. You can also bank over the phone or in a St.George branch.
- Free additional card. Request a secondary St.George Vertigo Visa Card for a family member without any additional fees.
Features of the St.George Vertigo Visa Credit Card
- Competitive variable purchase rate. The standard interest rate on purchases is 13.24% p.a. (variable).
- Annual fee. You will be required to pay an annual fee of $55.
- Credit Card Protect. Credit Card Protect is an optional policy that covers your credit card repayments should you become ill, have an accident, lose your source of income or even pass away. If you are eligible for this protection cover, you can purchase it when applying for your credit card. The cover gives you peace of mind should the unexpected happen, rendering you unable to handle your repayments.
- Access to other St.George accounts. If you hold other accounts with St.George, your card's Internet and mobile banking account will be linked to them. This allows you to easily manage and monitor all of your accounts in one place.
- Security. Spend with peace of mind thanks to Falcon Fraud protection, a service which monitors and detects unusual card activity. All accounts are monitored 24 hours a day and are further protected with the Visa Secure Code when shopping online. The account holder will not be held liable for fraudulent credit card activities.
How to apply for the St.George Vertigo Visa Card
To start the application process, simply complete an online application form. But before you do that, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the required documents and details on hand.
- Age. You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply.
- Personal details. This may include your full name, contact information and proof of your identity such as your driver’s licence.
- Employment details. This includes your role, the length of your employment and your employer's name and contact details.
- Financial details. You must provide your income information, plus details of your savings, investment and assets.
The St.George Vertigo Visa Card offers competitive interest rates and fees, without many extras. As there are other low rate cards on the market, be sure to compare a range of options so you can find and apply for the right card for you.Back to top