The St.George Vertigo is a low rate card suited to people looking for just the basics when it comes to a credit card. This introductory offer gives you a way to get 10% cashback (up to $400) when you apply by 30 April 2024, are approved and spend at an eligible supermarket or petrol station using your new credit card.
St.George Vertigo Card – Cashback Offer
- Balance transfer rate for 12 months with no balance transfer fee
- 6.99% p.a.
- Purchase rate
- 13.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $55 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
Up to $400 cashback offer
A low ongoing annual fee
Competitive purchase interest rate of 13.99% p.a.
Additional cardholder at no extra cost
Cashback offer could make it tempting to spend more than usual
No rewards program
Does not offer travel perks or insurance covers
|Product Name||St.George Vertigo Card - Cashback Offer|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||6.99% for 12 months, then 21.49%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||13.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.49%|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% of each cash advance amount|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
How to apply
You can apply for the St.George Vertigo Card online in around 20 minutes. St.George has a short screening quiz before you apply, so make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary details to complete the application.
- New cardholder. The cashback offer is only available when you apply for the St.George Vertigo card as a new cardholder. You cannot have held a St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA credit card in the last 12 months.
- Income. You must have a regular, Australian income that can be verified. You also need to confirm that you've earned regular income in the last 3 months and have at least $100 left each month after paying all your expenses.
- Residency. Australian citizens, permanent residents and non-residents are able to apply. If you're a non-resident or migrant you must hold an acceptable Visa with at least 1 year remaining.
- Credit history. You must be able to confirm that you've paid all your bills and loans on time over the past 12 months.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Eligible balance transfer. If you're interested in the balance transfer offer, it is important to note that any balance transfer debt needs to be from a card (or cards) that are not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne, or BankSA. You are allowed to transfer from $200 up to 80% of your credit limit.
- Personal details. This may include your full name, residential address, contact information and proof of your identity such as your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Employment. This includes your role, the length of your employment and your employer's name and contact details.
- Finances. You'll be asked to confirm your annual income, plus details of your savings, investment and assets.
- Balance transfer details. To take advantage of the introductory balance transfer offer on this card, you will need to include your balance transfer request when you apply. This includes the amount of debt you want to transfer and the details for your existing account, including the account name, number and the provider's BSB.
- Up to $400 cashback on supermarket and petrol spending. Apply for a new St.George Vertigo credit card by 30 April 2024 and you'll get 10% cashback as a statement credit when you shop at eligible supermarkets and petrol stations in the first 6 months (up to a maximum total of $400 back). The eligible supermarkets include Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, IGA and Harris Farm Markets. Supermarkets that are not eligible include Coles Express, Costco and Metropolitan Express. The cashback will be added to your account as a statement credit within 30 days of each eligible spend.
- Competitive purchase rate. The variable interest rate on purchases is 13.99% p.a.
- Balance transfer offer. If you're looking to consolidate your debt, you can take advantage of a 6.99% p.a. interest for the first 12 months when you apply by 30 April 2024 and request a balance transfer during the application. At the end of the introductory period, the interest rate reverts to the variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a.
- Free additional card. Request a secondary St.George Vertigo Classic card for a family member without paying any additional fees.
- Mobile payments. Use your phone or other compatible Apple, Android or Samsung devices to make tap and go payments. Simply add this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card attracts an annual fee of $55 p.a.
- Cash advance rate. If you withdraw cash from an ATM, make a cash-equivalent transaction or have debt remaining at the end of the balance transfer period, you will be charged interest at 21.49% p.a.
- Currency conversion fee. If you use the card overseas or with an international online retailer, you will be charged 3%of the Australian dollar value per transaction.
- Interest-free period. This card offers you up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
August 08, 2023
Hi, which petrol stations listed for Vertigo card? And is it only limited to Coles, Woolies Aldi or any shop?
Amy Bradney-George Finder
August 11, 2023
Most major petrol stations and supermarkets are eligible as it is based on the merchant classification.
Here are details from St.George’s terms and conditions for this offer:
“Participating supermarkets and petrol outlets: Each supermarket’s and petrol outlets eligibility is based on its merchant classification. While most major and many independent supermarkets and petrol outlets are participating, those not classified in the Supermarket, Grocers and Service Station merchant categories will not be participating. Examples of supermarkets not participating include: Coles Express, Costco, Metropolitan Fresh and wholesaler supermarkets.”
If you have further questions, you can contact St.George on 13 33 30. I hope this helps.
Show more Show less
August 02, 2023
Does the cashback only apply in the first 6 months of owning the card? once it expires is there a permanent cash-back offer? If not are there any credit cards in Australia that have a cash-back offer, low interest rate and a sign-on incentive bonus?
Amy Bradney-George Finder
August 04, 2023
The cashback is a one-time, introductory offer on this card so there is no ongoing cashback. Only a few credit cards offer cashback on an ongoing basis, including the ING Orange One Rewards Card and BCU Rewards Credit Card. Finder’s guide to cashback credit cards has more details about different types of offers. You can also use the comparison table filters to help find and compare different cards. I hope this helps.
Show more Show less