The St.George Amplify Business credit card can help you keep track of expenses, with up to 3 additional cards for employees, direct MYOB and BAS exports and complimentary insurance. You'll also get a $0 annual fee in the first year, then a $89 annual fee after that. Compared to other business credit cards, this is a relatively low yearly cost. But you do you only get up to 3 additional cards for employees, compared to other cards that offer more or even unlimited additional cards.
St.George Amplify Business
- Purchase rate
- 19.49% p.a.
- Reward point per $ spent
- Annual fee for the first year ($89 p.a. thereafter)
- $0 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
$0 first-year annual fee
Up to 3 additional cards for employees at no extra cost
Complimentary insurance for cardholders
Cash advances attract a relatively high interest rate of 20.24% (variable)
|Product Name||St.George Amplify Business|
|Purchase rate p.a.||19.49%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||20.24%|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards / Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Annual fee||$0 first year ($89 after)|
|Late payment fee||$0|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% of each cash advance amount|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
How to applyIf you've compared business credit cards and have decided the St.George Amplify Business suits your needs, you can apply online in around 10 minutes. Get started by checking that you're eligible to apply and have all your relevant details and documents on hand.
- Business spending. You can only apply for this card if you plan to use it primarily for business spending.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. You must also have an Australian residential address.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- New account. This offer is only available to new Amplify Business Rewards customers. This means you cannot have held an Amplify Business credit card in the last 12 months. You also won't be eligible if you are switching, upgrading or already accessing employee benefits or packaged cards through St.George.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You're also required to provide identification such as your driver's licence number or passport number.
- Income and employment. Provide details of your personal income, including any additional employment you may have outside of your business activity.
- Your business information. This includes your business name, your ABN or ACN and financial details. You may also be required to provide financial documents, such as your last business tax return and contact details for your accountant.
- Financial details. As well as income details, you will need to provide information about any other assets (such as shares or savings), debts and existing cards or loans.
- Frequent flyer details. To earn Qantas Points, you need to choose the Amplify Qantas option and provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership details.
- First year annual fee waiver. Get a $0 annual fee in the first year, saving you $89.
- Amplify Rewards. If you enrol in Amplify Rewards, you'll earn 2 points per dollar spent on eligible purchases overseas, 1 point per dollar spent on Australian purchases and 0.5 points per dollar on government payments, uncapped.
- Amplify Qantas. If you choose Amplify Qantas as your rewards program, you'll earn 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent on overseas purchases, 0.5 points per dollar spent on Australian purchases and 0.25 points per dollar spent on government charges, uncapped. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to enrol in Amplify Qantas.
- Complimentary unauthorised transaction insurance. This card offers access to complimentary unauthorised transaction insurance if an additional cardholder uses a card for transactions they have not been authorised to make.
- Complimentary transit accident insurance. This card offers complimentary transit accident insurance, which covers cardholders for specific accidents when they are travelling as passengers on a plane, bus or ferry and have prepaid for the trip using their card. When a claim is payable, the primary accountholder also receives a benefit for any cardholder eligible for a payment. As with all insurance, there are specific terms and conditions, so make sure you read the insurance policy booklet available through the St.George website.
- Tax-reporting features. This account lets you export expenses directly into MYOB and BAS. You can also download information directly to Microsoft Excel to simplify analysis of business transactions and expenses.
- Additional cards for employees. You can request up to 3 additional cards for employees at no extra cost.
- Mobile payment technology. Make contactless payments using your eligible device by adding this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, the St.George Amplify Business credit card charges a standard annual fee of $89.
- Purchase rate. This card has a standard variable purchase rate of 19.49% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the closing balance by the statement due date each month, you can enjoy up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Interest-free days exclude balance transfers or any promotional amount as well as cash advance transactions.
- Cash advance rate. Cash advances attract a standard variable interest rate of 20.24% p.a. from the time of the transaction.
- Foreign transaction fee. A fee of 3% applies to transactions made in a currency other than Australian dollars. This fee also applies to transactions made in Australian dollars with a merchant located outside Australia and transactions that are processed by entities located outside Australia.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked