The Select Encompass Visa Credit Card offers an interest-free period on purchases as well as competitive interest rates and Visa worldwide access.
Enjoy an interest-free period of up to 55 days with purchases made using the Select Encompass Visa Credit Card. This credit card also allows you to save with a balance transfer rate offer.
|Product Name||Select Encompass Credit Union Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||10.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$30 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||10.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||$20 or 2.5%, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|1% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Min Credit Limit||$1,000|
|Annual Fee||$30 p.a.|
|Minimum Repayment||$20 or 2.5%, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||$4|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$4|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$310|
|Overseas ATM Balance check||$5|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$4|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)||1% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Internet Banking Transfers||Yes|
Select Encompass Credit Union Visa credit card review
The credit card comes with a competitive interest rate, starting from 10.99% p.a., with interest being calculated daily. You also have access to cash advance facilities and worldwide access as a Visa card.
Benefits of Select Encompass Visa credit card
- Up to 55-day interest-free purchases. You can make interest-free purchases for a duration of up to 55 days. This interest-free offer is only valid when you pay off your balance on time. Balance is paid off on a monthly basis. This offer is eligible only to new applicants of the Select Encompass Visa Credit Card. If you carry forward your balance from month to month within the interest-free period, you will not be eligible for the zero percent-rated interest offers.You can use your credit card to make different types of purchases including POS purchases, online and telephone purchases as well. So long as these purchases are paid off in full by their due date, you are entitled to the interest-free offer.
- Cash advance facility. You can access cash advances in Visa-branded ATMs as well as over-the-counter from financial institutions that accept Visa cards. There are limits on the cash advance amounts you can take out. The maximum you can withdraw in a day is $1,000. Balances should be repaid on a monthly basis. Repayments on your cash advances can be arranged with payroll deductions and you can also make periodical payments if they're drawn from your transaction or savings account held with Select Encompass.
- Credit card access. This is a Visa card which means that you can use your card in millions of locations worldwide. This credit card can be used in any ATMs that accept Visa cards. You also have access to EFTPOS which is available in almost all stores in Australia. This credit card can be used in more than two million stores bearing the Visa logo. You can also use the credit card to make telephone and online payments and you can make any type of transactions from purchases to bill payments.
Select Encompass Visa credit card features
The list below contains the credit card features available with the Select Encompass Visa Credit Card.
- Annual fee. The credit card charges an annual fee of $30
- Interest free offer. An interest-free offer on purchases is available for a period of up to 55 days.
- Balance transfers. You can request a balance transfer when applying for the credit card. The minimum balance transfer limit is and the maximum limit will be set by the credit union upon application.
- Cash advance. You can make withdraw cash using this credit card. The limit on cash advance withdrawals is $1,000 per day.
- Interest rates. The credit card offers competitive rates at 10.99% p.a.
- Worldwide access. You can access this credit card worldwide from POS terminals and ATMs that accept Visa cards. Access is also available 24/7.
- Select PIN number. Select your PIN at any of the Select Encompass branches nationwide.
- Credit limit. You have a credit limit of with this credit card, subject to your financial ability.
How to apply for the Select Encompass Visa credit card
You need to be:
- 18 years of age or older
- An Australian resident or citizen
Online application takes about 15 minutes of your time.
Required information with your Select Encompass Visa credit card application
- Personal information
- Preferred credit limit
- Contact information
- Employment details
- Income information
- Expenses information
If you need help with the application process or would like to get more information, you can submit an enquiry form online. The credit union will require your personal and contact details to get in touch with you.Back to top