The Queensland Country Bank Visa Credit Card has a $39 annual fee and a 14.45% p.a. variable interest rate for both purchases and cash advances. While this interest rate is not as low as some other cards in the market, it's still much lower than the average credit card interest rate, which is around 20% according to Reserve Bank of Australia data.
Queensland Country Bank Visa Credit Card
- Purchase rate
- 14.45% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $39 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
The Queensland Country Bank Visa Credit Card's interest rate and annual fee are competitive with other low-cost credit cards. Its other features are relatively simple and include Visa Offers + Perks and mobile payments through Apple Pay and Google Pay. You can also share the account with your partner by getting an additional card at no extra cost.
Same low 14.45% p.a. interest rate on purchases and cash advances
A low $39 annual fee
Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
Does not have complimentary travel insurance
Does not earn rewards for spending
|Product Name||Queensland Country Bank Visa credit card|
|Purchase rate p.a.||14.45%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||14.45%|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.65%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$4|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
How to apply
You can apply for the Queensland Country Bank Visa Credit Card online when you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Residency. This card is only available to Australian citizens and permanent Australian residents.
- Employment. You must currently be in paid employment.
- Credit history. You'll need a good credit history with no evidence of bankruptcy.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, residential address, contact details, marital status and number of financial dependents.
- Identification. You'll need to verify your identity by supplying copies of your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card.
- Employment. Confirm your current place of employment and annual after-tax income. You may need to confirm this with recent payslips or bank statements.
- Finances. You'll also need to include information regarding any assets or liabilities you may have.
- Competitive interest rate. The Queensland Country Bank Visa Credit Card has a variable interest rate of 14.45% p.a. for purchases and cash advances. To put this in perspective, credit card interest rates in Australia typically range from around 8% to 24%, making this card a low rate option.
- Visa perks. You can use this card in over 200 countries and regions globally, wherever Visa is accepted. You'll also access exclusive shopping offers and pre-sale tickets to events with Visa Offers + Perks.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $39 annual fee.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Additional cards. You can share this account with family members by requesting additional cards at no extra cost. But keep in mind that you'll be responsible for all repayments and account management.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked