Queensland Country Bank Visa credit card
Save with a low purchase interest rate and earn points as you spend.
The Queensland Country Bank Visa credit card has a $39 annual fee and a 12.95% p.a. variable interest rate for both purchases and cash advances. If you opt to join the Rewarder program, you'll earn points per $1 spent which you can then redeem for cashback to your account.
Per $ spent
Interest free period
|Product Name||Queensland Country Bank Visa credit card|
|Rewards program||Rewarder Rewards Program|
|Purchase rate||12.95% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||12.95% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Same low 12.95% p.a. interest rate on purchases and cash advances
- Earns points per $1 spent
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- Does not have complimentary travel insurance
|Rewards program||Rewarder Rewards Program|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Rewards points cap||10,000|
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$4|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The Queensland Country Bank Visa is a low-cost credit card with a 12.95% p.a. variable interest rate and a $39 annual fee that makes it competitive with other low rate cards. If you want to earn cashback rewards, you can enrol in the Rewarder program for an extra yearly cost of $58. But, with 150 points equalling $1 worth of cashback, you will need to think about whether the value of the rewards is worth it for you.
This card also lets you make payments from your mobile through Apple Pay or Google Pay and gives you access to exclusive offers on shopping, dining, travel and entertainment through Visa Offers + Perks. You can also share the account with your partner by getting an additional card at no extra cost.
How to apply
You can apply for the Queensland Country Bank Visa credit card online in 20 to 30 minutes, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Residency. This card is only available to Australian citizens and permanent Australian residents.
- Employment. You must currently be in paid employment.
- Credit history. You'll need a good credit history with no evidence of bankruptcy.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, residential address, contact details, marital status and number of financial dependents.
- Identification. You'll need to verify your identity by supplying copies of your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card.
- Employment. Confirm your current place of employment and annual after-tax income. You may need to confirm this with recent payslips or bank statements.
- Finances. You'll also need to include information regarding any assets or liabilities you may have.
- Competitive purchase rate. This card charges a low variable 12.95% p.a. purchase interest rate.
- Rewarder program. You'll earn 1 point per $1 spent on eligible transactions up to 10,000 points per month. Your points are automatically credited to your Rewarder account on a monthly basis and then converted into a dollar amount, with 150 points giving you $1 in value. As an example, if you accumulated 24,000 Rewarder Points over 12 months, you would then have $160 to spend using your Rewarder Loyalty card.
- Visa perks. You can use your card at over 1.4 million ATMs and 29 million merchants wherever Visa is accepted. You'll also access exclusive shopping offers and pre-sale tickets to events with Visa Offers + Perks.
- Mobile payment. Register this card to either an Apple Pay or Google Pay wallet to enjoy contactless payments using your eligible mobile phone or device.
- Security. Your account is protected from fraudulent transactions thanks to Visa Zero Liability.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $39 annual fee. Remember that an additional annual fee of $58 applies if you sign up for the rewards program.
- Cash advances. If you use your card to make a cash advance, such as an ATM withdrawal, you'll be charged the 12.95% p.a. cash advance interest rate.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Additional cards. You can manage family spending or earn more points when you link additional cards to the account at no extra cost.