Save money with a competitive interest rate, a $0 annual fee and a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer with the QBANK Bluey Visa credit card.
The QBANK Bluey Visa is designed to offer affordable access to credit, with a standard variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. and a $0 p.a. annual fee for life. If you have an existing debt to repay, you can take advantage of a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for up to 12 months. Purchases are subject to up to 55 days interest-free when you pay your balance in full by the due date on your statement.
|Product Name||QBANK Bluey Visa Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||11.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||11.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.65% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of balance or $25 (whichever is greater)|
|Late Payment Fee||$8|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
- A 0% p.a. interest rate for up to 12 months on balance transfers with no BT fee
- An ongoing $0 annual fee
- A competitively low 11.99% p.a. purchase interest rate
- Up to 55 interest-free on purchases
- To qualify for the balance transfer off, you must deposit a salary credit of at least $1,500 per month into a QBANK Everyday Plus transaction account
Review of the QBANK Bluey Visa credit card
This low cost credit card from QBANK is offered exclusively to people working in the Queensland police, emergency services and public sector, as well as their families. Its standard variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. applies to both purchases and cash advances, which could make it easier to keep track of interest charges if you carry balances from several different types of transactions.
On the other hand, if you pay off your account balance in full by the due date on each statement, you'll be able to enjoy up to 55 interest-free days on your purchases. As well as these features, this card offers Visa benefits including worldwide acceptance, contactless payments and exclusive offers through Visa Entertainment.
Features and benefits of the QBANK Bluey Visa
Here are the highlights of QBANK's Bluey Visa credit card:
- No annual fee. Get the convenience of a credit card account with the savings of a $0 p.a. annual fee for life.
- Balance transfer option. This card offers a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for up to 12 months with no balance transfer fee. In order to take advantage of this offer, you must deposit a salary credit of $1,500 or more per month into a QBANK Everyday Plus transaction account. After the introductory period, any remaining balance will accrue interest at the 11.99% p.a. interest rate.
- Competitive interest rate. Enjoy a competitive interest rate of 11.99% p.a. for any balance you carry on the card.
- Interest-free days. You can take advantage of up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the full amount owed by the due date on your statement. Note that interest-free days are not available for cash advances, Bank@Post withdrawals or balance transfers.
- Visa benefits. Enjoy contactless payments at the checkout with Visa payWave functionality. Plus get access to exclusive Visa Entertainment offers for tickets, travel and shopping.
Rates and fees for the QBANK Bluey Visa
Weigh up these costs when you're comparing the QBANK Bluey Visa to help decide if it's right for you.
- Minimum repayment. If you carry a balance on this card, you'll need to pay at least 2% by the due date on your statement.
- Late payment fee. A fee of $8 applies if you don't pay the minimum amount by the due date on your statement.
- Cash advance fee. A fee of $5 applies when you use your card to withdraw money or for any other cash equivalent transaction.
- Currency conversion. A fee of 3.65% applies for transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency.
How to apply for the QBANK Bluey Visa credit card
You can apply for the QBANK Bluey Visa online in a few minutes. But before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
- Are you over 18 years old? You have to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card.
- Do you meet the employment requirements? You're eligible to apply for a QBANK credit card if you're a government employee living in Queensland, if your job involves the justice and protection of life and property or if you're related to an existing QBANK member.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and contact details.
- Employment details. You'll need to provide your employment status, role, salary and the name and contact details of your employer. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips.
- Financial details. This includes details about your income, expenses, liabilities and any existing debts.
With no annual fee and a competitive interest rate, the QBANK Bluey Visa credit card keeps costs down without offering many extras. You can compare this card to other options on the market to help you find one that's right for you.