QBANK Bluey Visa Credit Card
Save money with a competitive interest rate, a $0 annual fee and a 0% balance transfer offer with the QBANK Bluey Visa credit card.
The QBANK Bluey Visa charges a 11.99% p.a. variable interest rate for new purchases. If you have an existing debt to repay, you can take advantage of a 0% interest rate on balance transfers for the first 12 months.
You can apply for the QBANK Bluey Visa credit card if you are a current or former government employee residing in Queensland, your job is primarily about justice and protection of life and property or you're a relative of a QBANK member. If you do not meet these requirements, you can compare other low interest or no annual fee credit cards on Finder.
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||QBANK Bluey Visa Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (11.99% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.65%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 0% interest rate for up to 12 months on balance transfers, with no balance transfer fee
- Ongoing $0 annual fee
- A low purchase interest rate of 11.99% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- No rewards program and insurance covers
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$8|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.65%|
|Cash advance fee||5%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||5%|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for Finder X and a senior writer for credit cards and Finder Green. She has more than 13 years' experience as a journalist and writer, with bylines in publications including The Equity Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and produce industry website FreshPlaza. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not putting (virtual) pen to paper, she spends her time as an actress.
The QBANK Bluey Visa is a low-cost credit card that’s available exclusively to Queensland police, emergency service workers, health workers, correctional service officers and government employees. It offers the valuable combination of a $0 annual fee for life and a low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. (variable). In comparison, most other low rate cards charge an annual fee, while most no annual fee cards have higher ongoing interest rates.
If you’re paying of a credit card already, requesting a balance transfer to this card gives you 0% p.a. for the first 12 months. There are longer balance transfer offers available, so make sure you weigh up a few options based on both the introductory period and ongoing features.
How to applyYou can apply for the QBANK Bluey Visa online in a few minutes. But before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
- Age. You have to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card.
- Employment. You're eligible to apply for a QBANK credit card if you're a Queensland police officer, ambulance worker, firefighter, health worker, emergency service worker, correctional service officer or government employee (both state and federal, as long as you're a Queensland resident). You can also apply if you're a former member of one of these professions, or if you're a spouse, sibling, child or parent of a current or former QBANK member.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and contact details.
- Employment details. You'll need to provide your employment status, role, salary and the name and contact details of your employer. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips.
- Financial details. This includes details about your income, expenses, liabilities and any existing debts.
- No annual fee. The QBANK Bluey Visa credit card charges a $0 annual fee for life.
- Balance transfer offer. Pay off existing debt with an introductory 0% interest rate on balance transfers for 12 months with no balance transfer fee. After the introductory period, any remaining balance will be charged at the 11.99% p.a. interest rate.
- Low variable interest rate. Enjoy a competitive interest rate of 11.99% p.a. for new transactions you make with the card.
- Interest-free days. You can take advantage of up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the full amount owed by the due date on your statement. Note that interest-free days are not available for cash advances, Bank@Post withdrawals or balance transfers.
- Contactless payments. You can tap to pay with this card at the checkout, with no PIN needed for purchases under $100. You can also make payments straight from your mobile device with Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- Visa benefits. Enjoy contactless payments at the checkout with Visa payWave functionality. Plus get access to exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel benefits through Visa Offers + Perks.
Rates & fees
- Minimum repayment. If you carry a balance on this card, you'll need to pay at least 2% or $25 (whichever is greater) by the due date on your statement.
- Cash advance fee. A fee of 5% applies when you use your card to withdraw money or for any other cash equivalent transaction.
- Currency conversion. A fee of 3.65% applies for transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency.